• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At gunpoint: Super Paper Mario or Super Mario Galaxy

jarrod

Banned
Keru_Shiri said:
Mario Kart, probably, but I honestly believe that neither of those titles will top brawl.

They would be hard pressed to at the very least.
Brawl's going to be the worst selling of the four just like on N64. Melee was a fluke basically, it was the only AAA launch effort and it was the only one of the four that actually suprassed it's N64 predecessors critically. Brawl won't have either of those advantages going for it, and as a result likely won't be able to pass Galaxy, TP or probably Mario Kart.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
the thoroughbred said:
Its a shame that Miyamoto gets all the credit for everything. I mean he isn't even working on anything right? The last game I heard he make was Nintendogs.

He said he's very heavily involved in Zelda: TP. On a level that he hasn't been involved since Zelda: OoT.

Oblivion

jarrod said:
Brawl's going to be the worst selling of the four just like on N64. Melee was a fluke basically, it was the only AAA launch effort and it was the only one of the four that actually suprassed it's N64 predecessors critically. Brawl won't have either of those advantages going for it, and as a result likely won't be able to pass Galaxy, TP or probably Mario Kart.

Wow, you really think so? I mean, with Brawl online and all, with such a huge following, you think it'd do worse? Granted, I do agree with you that SSBM must have gotten additional steam because nearly everything else was worthless.

Oblivion

Shikamaru Ninja said:
PR. Does it matter how much Miyamoto is involved?

Look, I know Shiggy hasn't apparantly done much for years, and he seems to take credit for the work of others, but can't we give the man credit when credit is due?

jarrod

Banned
Oblivion said:
Wow, you really think so? I mean, with Brawl online and all, with such a huge following, you think it'd do worse? Granted, I do agree with you that SSBM must have gotten additional steam because nearly everything else was worthless.
Yep... I expect Brawl to probably move a little less than Melee even thanks to increased AAA competition and a later release. Unless of course if the Wii base really does manage to significantly outperform GameCube, but even still it won't outsell TP/SMG/MKW.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
What credit should we give Mr. Miyamoto? He developed Super Mario Bros and Donkey Dong and The Legend of Zelda.

He is the man.

Did he develop Twilight Princess? Come on. Not really to a point where we should emphasize his name in the development process over the more prominant group of designers. The real Zelda developers don't leave the office, they don't work on other games, they don't do signings, they don't do weekly interviews.

Oblivion

Shikamaru Ninja said:
What credit should we give Mr. Miyamoto? He developed Super Mario Bros and Donkey Dong and The Legend of Zelda.

He is the man.

Did he develop Twilight Princess? Come on. Not really to a point where we should emphasize his name in the development process over the more prominant group of designers. The real Zelda developers don't leave the office, they don't work on other games, they don't do signings, they don't do weekly interviews.

I dunno, dode. Good ole Takashi Tezuka worked on multiple games simultaneously (I think) and recently Aonuma has been doing quite a bit of interviews as well. Also, he's doing PH as well at the same time.

As for TP. Well, he called himself a half director for OoT, and if he seems to imply that he's on the same level with TP, i think it's significant. Granted, Aonuma is at a much higher standing.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Well. I mean I always bring up this point. When Miyamoto demoed Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine live during the E3 demonstrations, the guy was lost. It seemed like he was discovering the game for the first time :lol

Yet. PR will create funny headlines like this. "Mr. Miyamoto unveils Luigi's first starring game in Luigi's Mansion"

I mean Aonuma is doing what Miyamoto did during the late NES/SNES days now while the 30 year olds actually design the levels. Miyamoto who is 50+, what do you really expect him to do other than make comments about "oh, i don't like the way this level looks. what can we do about that Aonuma-san", "hmmm. we should try and eliminate the load times. hahahaha"

etc.

Oblivion

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Well. I mean I always bring up this point. When Miyamoto demoed Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine live during the E3 demonstrations, the guy was lost. It seemed like he was discovering the game for the first time :lol

Yet. PR will create funny headlines like this. "Mr. Miyamoto unveils Luigi's first starring game in Luigi's Mansion"

I mean Aonuma is doing what Miyamoto did during the late NES/SNES days now while the 30 year olds actually design the levels. Miyamoto who is 50+, what do you really expect him to do other than make comments about "oh, i don't like the way this level looks. what can we do about that Aonuma-san", "hmmm. we should try and eliminate the load times. hahahaha"

etc.

Well, yeah when you put it like that. I see yer point.

Top Bottom