• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus announces Studio Zero - Hashino and Soejima on brand new Fantasy RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to Atlus tackling a brand new challenge and "starting from zero again" after the team has worked their ass off on stuff like SMT and Persona for over a decade. Let's hope they really blow us away.

And, hopefully (and to shadow SE's similar problem), regaining the ability to put out bangers quickly and effectively after getting particularly difficult ones out.

DataGhost

They just announced the new studio, which is developing a new game, which they will be unveiling on Friday.

Cool, so they announced the studio but the studio is announcing a new game so they're announcing the studio's announcement if I got that correct.

YASSSSSSSSSS BITCH

NOMURA AND YASUE SLAY IN 2017/2018

HASHINO AND SOEJIMA SLAY(AGAIN) IN 2019

basking rn.

Cozy/Kaneko please help complete my dreams.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds amazing.

Which means it's probably going to be part of an announcement that Atlus is getting into mobile and this is their bullshit menu-driven gacha card battler Granblue ripoff.

Hard to stay positive in 2016...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That sounds amazing.

Which means it's probably going to be part of an announcement that Atlus is getting into mobile and this is their bullshit menu-driven gacha card battler Granblue ripoff.

Hard to stay positive in 2016...

Why are you jinxing it? Why would you do this to everyone's hopes and dreams?

SerRodrik

!

I've loved everything that team has done since P3, including Catherine, so consider me onboard. I'd love to see what that team can do with a medieval RPG. That art is on point.

sense

How long did something like Catherine take in development? I just feel like the long dev cycle for persona 5 was just an exception die to various external factors

Kayhan

C0Fn5djVEAA2csZ.jpg:large

This girl is an elf. I can tell because of the pointy and elongated ears.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you jinxing it? Why would you do this to everyone's hopes and dreams?

Because it's been the story like 80% of the time whenever a new cool-sounding JRPG or, hell, Japanese game is teased.

I sincerely hope that my worries turn out to be complete unfounded and this is a full-blown title on the scale of Persona or even bigger.

Voras

All in on this. Now that Atlus did the upfront work with building the engine for P5 I want to see everything they can do with it with SMT and other new IP.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So who is going to work on persona then?

Persona can have a rest for now, or they can farm spinoffs out to other companies like they did with P3/4 merchandising.

Am I missing something or are people getting hyped just off one image, staff aside.

Staff and the promise of a new IP and brand new concepts is just hype worthy in general.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
This girl is an elf. I can tell because of the pointy and elongated ears.

Masterful analysis can you make a video and go into greater detail?
I'm not trying to be an ass, just wanted to play along cause I've found this legit pretty funny to me coming right of the heels of seeing someone in dota 2 do a 9 hour long analysis on patch notes.

--------------------------------

Damn the bomb.
Super curious on what this game will be. I kind of expect them to make it as different as possible from Persona as they can.
Game is going to be faaaaaar out probably. :-/

Edit: Ah I nvm I thought the persona team was rebranding itself as studio zero, but it's a actually a new team, interesting.
That means the game might be farther along than I assumed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom