• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus CEO teases unannounced titles

With Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, and Etrian Odyssey V all on the way, I feel like we must be looking at a new Devil Survivor. Maybe a third Untold, too. A new IP would be great, but I'm not sure who would be working on it.

Tizoc

1717775-power_instinct_3.jpg
1717773-power_instinct_1.jpg

1717776-power_instinct_4.jpg
1717774-power_instinct_2.jpg
Just give us a compilation already ToT

Between Persona 5 and SMT4 Final, Atlus output is plenty enough for me this year.

I just hope Tears to Tiara 2 was successful enough for them to release Utawarerumono 2 in NA/Europe.
so i'm not the only one that liked it?
dude you're a bro to my soul :)
liking vn, a vn heavy srpg was hitting all the right spot :p
plus the fights was not even THAT easy on normal, let alone considering the run @higher difficulty level and getting S :L

but realistically..
persona 5..
smt iv: final..
etrian remake..

weellll you could give me a new devil summoner (3ds) OR a new kazunoa raidou...
ORRRR a new catherine.. or a new etrian announcement (please don't be EO3 remake, it's recent enough you don't need to)..
or a new ip.... you've already proven you CAN deliver those sweet spin-off titles (see digital devil saga...)
i mean you have so many ip i would literally throw my money at..

robotnik

Etrian Odyssey V
Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold
Persona Q2 (Crossover between P1 and P2 cast
LOL, if only
)
SMT: Strange Journey port to 3DS ala Devil Survivor games
New Raidou Kuzonoha

Come on ATLUS, let me give you my coins~
I like all these suggestions :) But I want something for Vita too.

mclem

Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold!

That'd be interesting; in my (sloooow!) EO series playthrough I've managed to stay one step ahead of the Untolds thus far, but there's a reasonable chance that that would appear before I get around to it; wonder if it's time to think about shifting to the remake series.

Is it possible to import Town Crown/Medal (or whatever the equivalents are) from EO1 normal to EO2 Untold? That might give me an idea about what I want to do with the step to 3.

FluxWaveZ

Kinda seems like 13 Sentinels is a 2017 title. :/ I guess that explains why Vanillaware hasn't said much about it.

It would absolutely not be 2016. Vanillaware has talked about how they were shifting their development process to be able to develop two games simultaneously by essentially splitting their 26-team group in half. Given the quick turnaround on their games, I'd imagine 13 Sentinels is indeed 2017, while the OSL team goes on to do something else now.

With what Hiraoka is saying, I'm starting to really wonder about that P3 Movie Finale event in March.

Zukkoyaki

Their slate for the foreseeable future is pretty full: Persona 5, SMTIV, Etrian Odysset V, Odin Sphere, and 13 Sentinels. While still exciting, it's hard to believe they have even more up their sleeve.

Like many others here, I think it could be SMTV. Considering SMTIV: Final is an enhanced edition, I don't think it would be beyond the realm of possibility that the team has also had the next entry in the works.

It could also be a new entry in another sub-series like Devil Summer or Digital Devil, but I find this highly unlikely.

My hope is that it's a new IP. The last time Atlus internally developed a new IP we got the remarkable Catherine. I would love to see what else they're capable of!

And who is to say that these games are internal? Could easily be a collaboration with some like Arc System Works.

Their slate for the foreseeable future is pretty full: Persona 5, SMTIV, Etrian Odysset V, Odin Sphere, and 13 Sentinels. While still exciting, it's hard to believe they have even more up their sleeve.

Like many others here, I think it could be SMTV. Considering SMTIV: Final is an enhanced edition, I don't think it would be beyond the realm of possibility that the team has also had the next entry in the works.

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is not an enhanced edition. It's a full sequel with a brand new story. I doubt we see Shin Megami Tensei V until late 2018 or 2019 given Final is just now coming out.

_Ryo_

Probally in the minority but I wouldn't mind a Persona 3 II.

Or at least a completely 3d remake of Persona 3 portable.

Zukkoyaki

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final is not an enhanced edition. It's a full sequel with a brand new story. I doubt we see Shin Megami Tensei V until late 2018 or 2019 given Final is just now coming out.

Really?!?! Huh, I guess I just saw the game's title and made a false assumption. Will consider me interested again!

Nimby

Banned
Kaneko needs to return and grace consoles with a new SMT.

I'll also accept Persona 5 Arena, or a new Trauma game.

A.E Suggs

Just give me more games atlus, preferably SMTV on console. I'll take a persona kart spin-off or a new IP as well.

Yeah, careful what you wish for. The doctors will look 10 years old girls and the patients won't be the only thing you will be able to touch with the stylus.

They haven't done that so far so why would they start now?

Announcement of announcements, zzz. Is it February that they have some sort of developper talk thing on Niconico or am I thinking of another japanese dev?

Not that I care too much about new announcements though, this year alone in stuff that's already confirmed there's so much good stuff, they could announce some pointless crap and I wouldn't mind. EO5, P5 and Odin's Sphere remake, such a good year.

I'm liking what they plan on doing.

Also, Dragon's Crown & Catherine on PS4, or give us a sequels with even more characters & bigger worlds.

Squire

Banned
It's good to see someone else from the company state explicitly "P5 comes out this summer." Even better that it's the CEO.

I'm sure it's a stylistic quirk moreso anything else, with no ill intent behind it, but Hashino's repeated "hopefully we can deliver that title" is at the point where it irks me a little.

Ekai

They'll make the female protagonist of P3P canon and realize what's his name was way worse. And they'll re-release the Persona 2 duology so that people will finally give the best in the series a try.
I can dream, can't I?

Since Atlus has been branching the Etrian series out and they're not shy about crossovers...

I think it's time for Etrian Arcadia. A first person dungeon crawling, reimagining of Skies of Arcadia. It's time. Do it. I'd buy like 6 copies for every 3DS I own.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They'll make the female protagonist of P3P canon and realize what's his name was way worse. And they'll re-release the Persona 2 duology so that people will finally give the best in the series a try.
I can dream, can't I?

So a Re-re-release?

Ekai

Since Atlus has been branching the Etrian series out and they're not shy about crossovers...

I think it's time for Etrian Arcadia. A first person dungeon crawling, reimagining of Skies of Arcadia. It's time. Do it.

As much as I love and want a sequel/hd remake of Skies to happen, that doesn't sound all that intriguing. I also fail to see how they would have control over Sega's IP.

So a Re-re-release?

They deserve it. The first major problem with both releases is we only got one version in both releases. As of now the only way to play it in english is to get P2:IS's PSP version and P2:EPs Playstation version. That combined with the fact that the first release came out when Atlus still was selling pitiful numbers in all markets on all their games meant it never got it's worthy initial exposure. The second releases were largely ignored as well due in part to perception that older graphics = bad game (I really hate this perception a lot) and due to the fact that it came out on the PSP, a system that the masses at large didn't really care for outside of P3P and Peace Walker. It's not like the P2:IS psp release was even well advertised in the first place. It's a set of games that despite a re-release is still a bit under the radar in the West.

As much as I love and want a sequel/hd remake of Skies to happen, that doesn't sound all that intriguing. I also fail to see how they would have control over Sega's IP.

It probably helps that Sega is the parent company of Atlus for the moment, but yea, probably weird issues with the IP rights would prevent it from happening.

Top Bottom