• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus CEO teases unannounced titles

FluxWaveZ

It probably helps that Sega is the parent company of Atlus for the moment, but yea, probably weird issues with the IP rights would prevent it from happening.

It must be reassuring to have added a group capable of making great RPG titles.

Tsurumi: While we have no intention of forcing this, we’d definitely love to have them utilize any of Sega’s dormant IPs.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/27/atlus-free-use-dormant-sega-ip-says-company-president/

Sega doesn't forcefully control Atlus, but there's nothing that would prevent Atlus from doing so if they so desired when Sega is open to the idea.

As much as I love and want a sequel/hd remake of Skies to happen, that doesn't sound all that intriguing. I also fail to see how they would have control over Sega's IP.

Sega owns Atlus, do they not? I don't see why their parent company couldn't let them use a nearly completely dormant IP.

I'm just grasping at straws though. EOIV already has a multi-layered map that's explorable with a skyship and they wouldn't have to be completely beholden to different conventions seen in EO or SOA. They could just make it it's own thing. I guess I just want an EO game set in a world with floating islands or an SOA game with competent dungeon design.

Ekai

Thanks for the info.

Sega owns Atlus, do they not? I don't see why their parent company couldn't let them use a nearly completely dormant IP.

I'm just grasping at straws though. EOIV already has a multi-layered map that's explorable with a skyship and they wouldn't have to be completely beholden to different conventions seen in EO or SOA. They could just make it it's own thing. I guess I just want an EO game set in a world with floating islands or an SOA game with competent dungeon design.

They do but I wasn't sure of the mess that is IP rights, etc.

Rymuth

Just give us a compilation already ToT
Just watched a LongPlay of this - this game is so hilarious and farcical. You beat up on old ladies who throw their Dentures at you while magical girls transform into buxom women.

MC: I thought you were on a trip...
FINAL BOSS: I wasn't on a trip, I was kidnapped!

FHIZ

Persona 5 fighting game
Persona 5 rhythm game
Another version of Persona 5
Persona 5 Xtreme Beach Volleyball
no western release because of skeleton, clearly
Persona 5 moba
Persona 5 flight sim

I will play them all... Eh, not the moba.

Gonna be Persona VR

VR evoker = instant AO rating

PC Ports?

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder_t269x200.jpg

Any recommended config settings for Nocturne in PCSX2?

Shun

Atlus developed Shining with Tony T2 art.

Another Valkyria spinoff by Atlus.

More surgeon games.

More #FE and crossover.

FluxWaveZ

Realistically (talking Japan only):

Releases
  1. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV Final
  3. Persona 5
  4. Etrian Odyssey V
  5. Either a Persona remake or a Persona collection

Unannounced Titles
  1. Devil Survivor 3 or new IP Battle Royale style game
  2. Shin Megami Tensei mainline spin-off (studio collab.)
  3. Persona spin-off

jzbluz

Spiritual successor to Catherine called Alex. Featuring a female Alex and a male Alex. The conflict of the main character's sexuality being the central theme. I want it.

Want.

They'll make the female protagonist of P3P canon and realize what's his name was way worse. And they'll re-release the Persona 2 duology so that people will finally give the best in the series a try.
I can dream, can't I?

They managed to make the battle system even more tedious with the port(s), so I want a remake instead. Not going to happen anyway.

Ekai

They managed to make the battle system even more tedious with the port(s), so I want a remake instead. Not going to happen anyway.

Idk what you're talking about. I loved the battle system of Persona 2. Knocks P3 and P4 out of the water for me on so many levels. The combination of fusion spells with the fact that anyone can use any persona combined with the wonderfully charming contact system is just sublime. P2's combat is top-notch and I don't see how it could be anymore streamlined than it already is. P3 and P4 are what get tedious for me. That said I do quite like P3P.

Jawmuncher

Eh, I hope for you its not happening, cause it would sound awkward for a PR to dismiss future products :p

But I guess its one way or another for Atlus USA to prevent Europe to get Atlus games on same day and date release as USA, right ?

Whatever gives the biggest middle finger to the EU the best apparently.

well if this is how ATLUS PR treats PC Gamers I guess I now know not to buy any ATLUS games at new price.. shame as I was looking forward to SMT4f but I guess I'll just buy it used.

It's not like you have much choice if you're European :p

perfectly fine response considering how incessant pc port beggars are

In this very thread, you actually have people port begging for everything. NX, Vita, PS4.

well if this is how ATLUS PR treats PC Gamers I guess I now know not to buy any ATLUS games at new price.. shame as I was looking forward to SMT4f but I guess I'll just buy it used.

No man please reconsider! Just wait for the inevitable emulated definitive edition.

If this means Kaneko might be working on something, then good, if not, he's yet another Hiroyuki Ito at this point.

Also, I'd like another Growlanser, especially now that hashtag Eff Ee didn't sell. Time to return to the source, fellas.

A creative new IP like Catherine would also be welcome.

AyanFaust

Banned

Lol. I'm sure they're very upset. Lighten up. it's a joke.

MUnited83

For you.
PC Ports?

Atlus being competent enough to release titles in the EU at the same time as the US?

I found it to be funny. But I do have a very brutal and harsh humor though.

Lighten up dude!

This is extremely ironic coming from you.

Eh, I hope for you its not happening, cause it would sound awkward for a PR to dismiss future products :p

But I guess its one way or another for Atlus USA to prevent Europe to get Atlus games on same day and date release as USA, right ?
Shame he can't make a funny may may to joke about the terribleness of Atlus at releasing games on the EU. That would've been interesting.

mothball

Hmmm...
Do I get Dragon Dogma now for 25% off or wait until it gets more than 25% which would be around next year.
It would be an easier choice if there wasn't a 'Canadian money blows' tax.

just wait until it's in a humble bundle

something tells me you wouldn't have bought smt at full price anyway lmao

18-Volt

Also, I'd like another Growlanser, especially now that hashtag Eff Ee didn't sell. Time to return to the source, fellas.

First thing come up to my mind when I read "our franchises will gather" was Growlanser. A low budget (preferably for handhelds) would be awesome. People need to do more stuff like Square's Setsuna. Low budget high quality RPG's.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ehh I kind of get why people are irritated on that one.

I personally don't care too much since I play my consoles a lot more but if someone called it intentionally posting to rile people up, I'd agree.

Ozium

something tells me you wouldn't have bought smt at full price anyway lmao

yeah because an off the cuff remark to someone asking about saving money completely defines my thoughts and desires on the SMT franchise.

That's a little childish.

oh so me choosing to whom I give my money is childish but being the representative of a company making a post on a gaming forum in which he mocks an entire base of users is mature

got ya

PC Ports?

I'm going to choose to interpret that as a dig at the Atlus Japan execs who are too short-sighted and Japan-centric to follow the lead of literally every other Japanese third party of any consequence (and some of less) on PC support, not at the fans reasonably requesting PC support when it's becoming increasingly common from Japanese publishers.

orochi91

I hope it's a new console SMT spin-off, like Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne.

I'm going to choose to interpret that as a dig at the Atlus Japan execs who are too short-sighted and Japan-centric to follow the lead of literally every other Japanese third party of any consequence (and some of less) on PC support, not at the fans reasonably requesting PC support when it's becoming increasingly common from Japanese publishers.

That's how I read it as well.

Top Bottom