• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus' dungeon crawler "Baroque": what's the word?

Kid Marin

cpro said:
How are load times in the two versions?

And does it really make you 'waggle' to attack?

Really short load times for the Wii version, transition between floors is really smooth.

Waggle is for the special attack (cancel hit), anyway the classic controller feels better suited than the wiimote/nunchuck.

i finished it. I loved it. Every minute.

It was one of those few games that, even though I bought other games after it, I wouldn't touch them until I finished Baroque.

I really really liked it a lot.

Unison

I finished it too (Wii Version)... hated the game the first 10 minutes or so, loved it all from there on out. :lol

I like the way the story unfolds, and I like the insane number of wacky items you get. I might replay on a harder difficulty level some day, for sure.

just curious how many successful runs it took you to finish it?

i've only been through like 20 times.

there are some things i'm missing though, like how to get my own essence (i assume its in the testing facility) and what to do to some of the npcs such as the horned girl, bagged one, etc. i see they have a lot of question marks on their lists.

my playtime has slowed down a tad as i just picked up shiren. hard to say which one i like more, but between the two i feel my gaming needs will be sated for a long time.

Tain

I got to play this a little bit, seems pretty cool. I'm in love with the concept, at least, and I'd really like to try the Saturn version.

Anybody using first person mode? You can actually move and change your aim during charge attacks with it, and I like not having to look at my animu-ass character.

Wow this game is great! So I was at ToysRUs shopping for discounted games, picked up Nitro Bike for $9, Zack n Wiki for $16, and this...this one wasn't on sale, but I've always wanted to check it out and I personally love dungeon crawlers. Actually I was deciding between this or DQS, I ended up picking up this one instead.

Anyway, I was gonna try out the 3 games that I bought, but that never happened. I popped this one in first and ended up playing it for 5 freakin' hours off the bat! I don't think I've played a game for that long after it's just purchased...but anyway, I love it!...every minute of it! I can't believe all the bad reviews this game got, them reviewers just don't get it...this isn't FF13 or any other jRPGs!

This is a very nice addition to my Wii game library, as it's so different in its genre and style as opposed to the rest of my Wii game collection...the theme and art direction of this game is off the wall wicked to say the least.

Thumbs up! :)

Ashodin

Playing this game with the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Horror story - I finally got to the bottom of the 16 floor dungeon, and I had a vampire sword equipped. I just got back the Angelic Rifle, and I had to use it. (trying to not spoiler.) So I get down to the final floor and I go to unequip my Vampire sword.

It's stuck.

What?

It's stuck.
It's stuck.
It's stuck.

Immediately I scream obscenities and I look to see what's the problem. It's at this point I realize I can look up the modifiers on myself and weapons, and I find out that the weapon I have on has a GLUE BRAND. Meaning, once you equip it, you can't take it off unless you find the item that unbrands things. Great. So here I am, at the bottom, no way out, and I have to just die and start over. UGH!

Still love the game though. Gonna run back down through another time. :)

tengiants

I don't post often but figured I would in this case:

even though you don't have the rifle, continue anyways and let her live and you'll unlock some content and see a slightly different ending! next time you go down there go ahead and shoot her with the rifle.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Parks said:
$25.99 for Wii/PS2 today on Amazon (deal of the day)

Worth biting?

Thanks for the head's up! I just ordered it, can't wait to get it in.

(also, TWEWY is back in stock, got that as well!)

Vinci

Danish
I never expected this game to get such a favorable response from you guys. How does it compare to something like Etrian Odyssey 2 in quality? 'Cause EO2 is gobs of awesome.

I might end up buying this after I play through EO2.

Pellham

Banned
Meh I have no time to play the US version but I should get it anyway.

If anything redeems this game it is the music. They didn't change the music, right?

Pellham said:
Meh I have no time to play the US version but I should get it anyway.

If anything redeems this game it is the music. They didn't change the music, right?
PS2 and Wii remake has different music from the old Saturn/PS1 version.

Top Bottom