• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus holding Niconico stream on November 24th for "major Persona announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever it is, I hope it's for PS3... and not Region locked! They punished me for living in the US with a Japanese PS3 with Arena.

Speaking of, just finished my second play-through of PS4. (started it 5 years ago, lol) Man, my tolerance for corniness has really become low over the years. I didn't remember the ending being THAT grating. lol "I'll be waiting for your, Senpai." How about 'no,' Kanji.

UberTag

I don't understand why people want a major game like P5 to be relegated to a handheld. As great as the vita is, fuck that.
It's not that people WANT the game relegated to a handheld so much as it's simply a reasonable expectation given that Japan has moved away from consoles.

PS3/Vita cross-platform release is best case scenario, IMO - with possible love for Nintendo on the side (i.e. 3DS) if Sony's willing to let another of their few remaining semi-exclusives fraternize with the other team.

PS4 Persona incoming.

Don't do this to me.

afO9TKW.gif

BadRNG

Assuming this is P5 and not another spin off or rereremake, PS3 seems like logical choice here, maybe with Wii U or 360 versions too.

But god I hope it's on Vita or PS4 for remote play. P4G and P3P were just too perfect on handhelds. Turn based in general is wonderful there.

Yosp retweeted a link for the event. So, could it be a PS game?
Since this is Persona I'd say it's pretty much a guarantee that it will be on a Playstation system. Only question is which one, and whether it will be exclusive.

7threst

Every platform, both consoles an hanhelds, should have a Persona-game. Everybody deserves a little Persona-love after all. Come on Atlus, make it happen!

VXLbeast

If they do a PS4 release, then that's fine with me.

Think about this shit. It's not like they do the announcement and the next day they go "SURPRISE bitches Persona 5 on PS4 out....NOW."

This shit's gonna take time. Months, man. A year later? Even better. Well fuck, along the way PS4 might have had a temp sale and have an acceptable $250-300 price tag.

Might be a bit optimistic on how fast the prices will go down on these consoles...

They've been developing this game for years. Really doubt it's a PS4 game, Atlus doesn't roll like that son.
Perhaps your knowledge of their inner workings is not as accurate as you think son, and please keep in mind its an announcement.

Fake Edit: The bird? Does it speak sweeter words than mine ears were meant to hear??!!

Squire

Banned
no shit? There was never any doubt the game will end up on a Sony system(s).

Everyone's concerns regard multiplatform and crossgen releases.

Revisionist history all up in this piece.

Many a fool argued it would be a 3DS exclusive. Many.

7threst

If they do a PS4 release, then that's fine with me.

Think about this shit. It's not like they do the announcement and the next day they go "SURPRISE bitches Persona 5 on PS4 out....NOW."

This shit's gonna take time. Months, man. A year later? Even better. Well fuck, along the way PS4 might have had a temp sale and have an acceptable $250-300 price tag.

I thought Atlus regularly releases fast after an official announcement.

VXLbeast

Perhaps your knowledge of their inner workings is not as accurate as you think son, and please keep in mind its an announcement.

Fake Edit: The bird? Does it speak sweeter words than mine ears were meant to hear??!!
No, like, we literally know that.

I don't think anyway really believed it. Or if they did, no one really believed them.

ohlawd

No need to call them fools, not the place for that.

And I always thought they were joking. It must have done a lot of rustling jimmies, as far as I could tell.

Aeana

I'm glad the unbearable speculation and platform discussions in every Persona thread will be over soon.
Got tired of hearing all of the rumblings about the game too, felt like it was constantly shifting until recently.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

And I always thought they were joking. It must have done a lot of rustling jimmies, as far as I could tell.

Of course most of it was joking, it's like all the mobile platform statements being thrown around now.

VXLbeast

People bothered when told their displeasure will bring joy to others; who knew.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm glad the unbearable speculation and platform discussions in every Persona thread will be over soon.
Got tired of hearing all of the rumblings about the game too, felt like it was constantly shifting until recently.

It'll just be all waifu wars discussions instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom