• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA is bringing Conception II (PSV/3DS) to North America

Takao

Banned
I'm a huge fan of Atlus. Of persona, Etrian Odyssey and the devil summoner series.

Will I like this game?

I saw some video and it looks a bit different than I'm use to.

Atlus made the three games you mentioned. They did not make Conception.

Taruranto

5WvmA3x.jpg

Never forget.
Never forgive.

Watashiwa

I'm a huge fan of Atlus. Of persona, Etrian Odyssey and the devil summoner series.

Will I like this game?

I saw some video and it looks a bit different than I'm use to.

Possibly? It isn't an Atlus game, Atlus will be the Western publisher. Honestly, the game is mostly about cheesecake and wish-fulfillment. There's not a lot of substance to it like Atlus' original games.

fek

Oh god, that's awesome. I was waiting for the price to go down before importing the vita version, but if it's going to be localized, I will wait for that.
It's so crazy how many unexpected localizations we are getting. Aquapazza, Umihara, Conception, Holy Sorcery Story, Danganronpa, Project X Zone, Demon Gaze, Senran Kagura Burst, Mugen Souls Z, even Nep Idol PP is quite surprising.
Edit: Almost forgot about Diva F. Also, Shiny Festa localization too was quite crazy in many different ways.

Steel

Banned
Why would they even... Then again, if they're willing to import this under sega's leadership maybe we have a chance of seeing valkyria chronicles 3 among other things?

Then again Sega made a similiar choice with hatsune miku.....

Quixzlizx

I'm always in for another dungeon crawler. I hope the Vita version also has a retail release, although digital-only won't be a dealbreaker.

Ridley327

Why would they even... Then again, if they're willing to import this under sega's leadership maybe we have a chance of seeing valkyria chronicles 3 among other things?

Then again Sega made a similiar choice with hatsune miku.....

If Atlus wouldn't even bring over P2:EP, their very own game, there's no way in hell they're taking on VC3. The PSP market is dead dead.

Possibly? It isn't an Atlus game, Atlus will be the Western publisher. Honestly, the game is mostly about cheesecake and wish-fulfillment. There's not a lot of substance to it like Atlus' original games.

You've played Conception II then? So is the dungeon crawling and other elements of the gameplay uninteresting?

FluxWaveZ

I'm looking forward to finally being able to try this out.

2014's looking good for localization, between Danganronpa, Conception II, Steins;Gate, Jojo's... Feels nice.

wrowa

Huh. Well, when it was announced I said that it's bizarre enough to warrant a buy if it ever comes out of Japan. So... I guess I need to hold my word now? Hopefully we'll also see a proper European release.

koutoru

Atlus USA lives!!!

But, wait a second. I remember Atlus making fun of Senran Kagura and now they're bringing Conception 2 over? Brilliant.

Jamix012

Why even bring the 3DS version?

Audience is on Vita.

In Japan, you're 100% right. In the west the Vita barely has an audience at all and a huge chunk of it bought the games as a result of many of the shooters on it or Assassin's creed, which doesn't have a large overlap with the Niche JRPG fanbase. I'd take avatar bets that this will sell more on the 3DS than Vita in the west.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Should I look forward to this game? It doesn't sound all that great.
I'm surprised they actually call this Conception II in the West. Might be kinda confusing.

LX_Theo

Banned
In Japan, you're 100% right. In the west the Vita barely has an audience at all and a huge chunk of it bought the games as a result of many of the shooters on it or Assassin's creed, which doesn't have a large overlap with the Niche JRPG fanbase. I'd take avatar bets that this will sell more on the 3DS than Vita in the west.

I'd say it'd sell more based on install base, not your logic. I don't see the majority of Vita owners in the west being ones who bought it solely for shooters and AC

cafemomo

I'd take avatar bets that this will sell more on the 3DS than Vita in the west.

Won't bet you since I already have another bet with another member regarding sales, but I have a gut feeling this will perform better on the Vita in the west. There are just certain multiplat games that will sell better on one system.

I want to know if it's retail or digital only on 3DS, as it's $40, that should say retail, as no digital-only release is $40, only up to $30 IIRC.

Plus WHY would Atlus do that when they've seen good-great success on 3DS in NA? All of their games are both retail and digital on 3DS at least. Overclocked was the exception until a month ago I think.

Top Bottom