• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack Of The Giant Insect Overlords! - Your Household Bug Stories

The concept for this thread came from a small infestation of carpet beetles who'd taken up residence in my room and considering it's the size of a shoebox I was interested in hearing similar stories. Household insects ranging from ants to spiders, moths to mosquitos and everything in-between, share stories about these critters invading your personal space and how the problem was dealt with. Information regarding the species and methods of cleaning and extermination would be helpful to inexperienced readers.

Share below.

DESTROYA

OP8Rrg6.gif

GymWolf

Gold Member
The most exotic thing i had was a little cute scorpion in my bathroom many years ago, oh and a little cute snake in the garden like 2 weeks ago, nothing else, my city is pretty boring when it comes to deadly or even big insects.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
To many bug stories to count usually spiders, flies, and the occasional centipede, not a fan of those centipedes. Big believer in this stuff

71R8hXv4wUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DonMigs85

Nowadays I just get the occasional cockroach or that funny wasp with the wiggling abdomen (ensign wasp) but years ago when I was a kid a big red centipede appeared out of nowhere on two occasions (once in my bedroom and another time in the bathroom)

Years, and years ago I lived with my brother and dad in an apartment. We were up above a particularly dirty group of people who lived below us, with like 20 people in the 2 bedroom apartment from the looks of things. So the whole building ended up getting hit with roaches, and we moved out that year.

We came home one night and walked through the front door, and as soon as we turned on the lights, we saw what appeared to be hundreds of roaches all over the kitchen floor running around. I was paralyzed with fear and unable to move. My little brother leapt into action like I'd never seen in my life and grabbed a fly swatter from seemingly out of nowhere for each hand and began furiously dealing death at a pace unimaginable. He was a blur, but every time his hands moved, something died that night. By the time I could gather my senses and react, a mass grave lay before me of such a scale that it defies description. Everyone here likes to believe they have the soul of a master exterminator inside them, but the truth is you really never know if you have what it takes until you have to face those kinds of overwhelming odds. Some people have latent genetic memory of the battle between species that put humans at the top of the food chain, and can tap into that survival instinct without thinking.

Tranquil

Had bed bugs years ago, worst feeling ever knowing when you lay down to sleep bugs will crawl on you and bite you during the night.

I ended up wearing sweat pants with socks tucked around the legs and sweater with gloves wrapped around the sleeves and a ski mask. After that I would inspect my mattress a few times daily flipping it around checking every spot and slicing those buggers with a razor blade. After two weeks it worked I didn't get anymore bites and they never came back.

I realize I should have just called an exterminator...

Had bed bugs years ago, worst feeling ever knowing when you lay down to sleep bugs will crawl on you and bite you during the night.

I ended up wearing sweat pants with socks tucked around the legs and sweater with gloves wrapped around the sleeves and a ski mask. After that I would inspect my mattress a few times daily flipping it around checking every spot and slicing those buggers with a razor blade. After two weeks it worked I didn't get anymore bites and they never came back.

I realize I should have just called an exterminator...
Manually destroys a bedbug infestation by hand, one at a time with a razor blade while wearing a ski mask ...

psycho-shower-scene-mother-620.jpg

I've lived in a shithole house in LA for the last 5 years. Everytime i walk to the bathroom at night...i have to nervously look around. The crawlspace of the house is infested with Giant flying roaches that usually get around the size of mice. I have a huge phobia....i have been in the shower and had them walk across the nozzle. I usually encounter one a week. They like to run after you as well...I dont know if its from vibrations or what.

As of two weeks ago i moved into a new room but previously i lived five years in a tiny room that had a door on both sides...one led to the hallway the other to the outside. I sealed the inner door up so they couldnt get in....my room was roach proof. Then one day i was walking from the kitchen to my room through the back yard..i had just cooked...as step through the door i feel something fly onto the back of my head, thinking its a misquito i grab it and toss it at the wall really fast...a minute later a giant roach flies right above my monitor as im watching a movie. My room being so small it was a trial to try and get behind the computer to get it out of there since i only had space for a chair between my futon and the computer. Twice more after that roaches ran in as i opened the door. Of course i would have the spend a long time finding and killing them because i could not go to sleep knowing they were in the room, the room was, the whole room was only 7 by 8 feet.

Now im in a new room.....i proofed it before moving in...

I cant wait to get the hell out of here

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
Had this horrible bug in my old place fucker used to just eat whatever food was on side made this horrible fucking whining noise..... Broke of the engagement eventually.

LordCBH

When I lived in Arkansas, the house was absolutely infested with brown recluse spiders. Like I’d have to put down fresh glue traps every day because they’d all have 7 or 8 spiders on them. Have to shake out shoes before we put them on, shake out clothes just in case, elevate things like beds using objects to get them higher off the ground.
It was a fuckin nightmare. Longest year living anywhere of my life.

When I lived in Arkansas, the house was absolutely infested with brown recluse spiders. Like I’d have to put down fresh glue traps every day because they’d all have 7 or 8 spiders on them. Have to shake out shoes before we put them on, shake out clothes just in case, elevate things like beds using objects to get them higher off the ground.
It was a fuckin nightmare. Longest year living anywhere of my life.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be moving in Arkansas in a few days..... The only Spooder species that I'm actually terrified of.

LordCBH

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be moving in Arkansas in a few days..... The only Spooder species that I'm actually terrified of.

youll know pretty quickly. An infested house has them everywhere, and the only way I know of to get rid of the infestation is to just burn the whole house down. Exterminators basically did Jack shit

Top Bottom