• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan game coming to PlayStation platform this winter from Omega Force/Koei

p367j.jpg

0yFsIXl.gif

Crocodile

When is supposed to be officially revealed (with gameplay and such)? At Gamescom? Later this week separate from that event? Later this month?

-Horizon-

So is this good? Bad? I thought the anime was ok. Still planning to get the 3ds one soon-ish as soon as my backlog gets smaller.

kewlmyc

An AoT game deserves better than this, solely because of the Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear.

We have zero idea of what the game is going to be like. No footage, no screens, nothing. What makes you think Omega Force won't deliver on that?

Right in the first episode they made the obvious hint that Erich was made into a titan by his dad because of a serum or something. And that his dad made a few people into titans because of a sickness and stuff like that. I dropped the manga at that moment. I think it was pretty obvious and i think it also turned out to be true.

FluxWaveZ

We have zero idea of what the game is going to be like. No footage, no screens, nothing. What makes you think Omega Force won't deliver on that?

It's only an assumption based on their past works and how those games work mechanically. I will be pleasantly surprised if they actually deliver on the concept, but I'm wholly reserved at the moment.

DarkKyo

In the right hands, the franchise could be made into such an awesome game. Unfortunately there's like a 3% chance of that ever happening.

Imagine how cool(and freaky) a FromSoftware AoT game would be.

The beauty of the AoT franchise is there there are other time periods and stories to tell besides the main storyline in the manga/anime.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Its more the overall history and such. Nothing they have done yet really gives one the idea that they can handle high speed vertical gameplay and do proper maps to accommodate that. Mapping in particular has never been their strong suit.

This is the closest thing they would have to fast aerial combat.
Kusarigama gameplay from toukiden kiwami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyl0Mk-nvJc

While in DQ Heroes they had large enemies, its still a different gameplay style and map design than what would be expected from a AoT title.

Sophia

It's only an assumption based on their past works and how those games work mechanically. I will be pleasantly surprised if they actually deliver on the concept, but I'm wholly reserved at the moment.

That's kind of a really silly assumption, especially when the source material makes it obvious that the game will have to work different than a standard Dynasty Warriors game or related spinoff. Also, Omega Force has shown themselves to be capable of deviating when they need to be with games like Bladestorm, Trinity: Zill O'll Zero, and Toukiden.

I actually imagine any potential AoT game from them would be like that, but much slower obviously. Also I suddenly have the urge to buy Toukiden after seeing that. >_>;

since it's from Omega it won't be a fighter. but now a musou game. is this going to be based on the show or movie based on the show.

Right in the first episode they made the obvious hint that Erich was made into a titan by his dad because of a serum or something. And that his dad made a few people into titans because of a sickness and stuff like that. I dropped the manga at that moment. I think it was pretty obvious and i think it also turned out to be true.

you know... I actually go back to 1st episode, skimming through it... and still.... what?

Guymelef

Its more the overall history and such. Nothing they have done yet really gives one the idea that they can handle high speed vertical gameplay and do proper maps to accommodate that. Mapping in particular has never been their strong suit.

While in DQ Heroes they had large enemies, its still a different gameplay style and map design than what would be expected from a AoT title.

You forgot Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce :p, more aerial.

Sophia

Oh, I really don't know about that...

It would be incredibly cynical to assume that a game adopted from a series where aerial combat is the norm would somehow not feature that. And again, Omega Force has shown with a lot of the musou spinoffs that they're willing to adopt the gameplay to the franchise they're adopted.

Parakeetman

Also, Omega Force has shown themselves to be capable of deviating when they need to be with games like Bladestorm, Trinity: Zill O'll Zero, and Toukiden.

The issue with that is those games do not really have the same design mechanics as what would be necessary for a good AoT title. Hence the issue which I was speaking about in a different post.

While yes they may attempt varied things at times, not many of those really go back into what would be necessary to do a good AoT game.

So will be interesting to hear more info on what their plans are for the title.

A game from omega force? With the Attack on Titan IP? Not on 240p? I am interested.

Wasn't that part also included on the first chapter of the manga? I mean it was obvious, I haven't read the manga in a year or two but I think the thinks you are implying where pretty obvious even before the anime went live. Also the one shot of the series spoils a lot more than what the anime ever did.

Sophia

The issue with that is those games do not really have the same design mechanics as what would be necessary for a good AoT title. Hence the issue which I was speaking about in a different post.

While yes they may attempt varied things at times, not many of those really go back into what would be necessary to do a good AoT game.

So will be interesting to hear more info on what their plans are for the title.

Honestly, that fact makes me more interested. It means they'll be moving out of their comfort zone. So we could see something really awesome.

Dinda

Hmm, i really liked the Manga in the beginning, sadly it gets worse and worse now.

Hope we can play either as all of the Characters typical Omega Force style or create our own character and it doesn't follow the original story.

Don't want to play as Eren. Mikasa on the other hand would be cool, even if the mangaka tries really hard to make her annoying with her doing nothing more than looking concerned for Eren and well nothing else really...such a shame, she and levy should have been the main characters.

Oh well, still interested. They should look at Freedom Wars for the combat.

FluxWaveZ

It would be incredibly cynical to assume that a game adopted from a series where aerial combat is the norm would somehow not feature that. And again, Omega Force has shown with a lot of the musou spinoffs that they're willing to adopt the gameplay to the franchise they're adopted.

Hm, we'll see, then. But I'm definitely not optimistic about this, especially given the previous AoT game.

A game from omega force? With the Attack on Titan IP? Not on 240p? I am interested.

Wasn't that part also included on the first chapter of the manga? I mean it was obvious, I haven't read the manga in a year or two but I think the thinks you are implying where pretty obvious even before the anime went live. Also the one shot of the series spoils a lot more than what the anime ever did.

Could be. But i was pretty pissed when i watched it. The manga just never said something about a sickness and erichs father cure some people. Just that the father is gone. So i thought later that the father somehow made erich crybaby into a titan. But then the Anime said that there was a sickness so it was pretty obvious that the father made a few more people into titans. That made me angry as fuck.

Parakeetman

Honestly, that fact makes me more interested. It means they'll be moving out of their comfort zone. So we could see something really awesome.

Generally when that happens, bad things occur. Due to not having proper talent in place that can deal with the new mechanics and such necessary. Can go into more details but it would be a waste of time now since we have far too little info. lol

But from a development standpoint to me its looking like it might be a 50/50. Personally do hope it turns out good, as lately Omega Force has been doing good work.

Hm, we'll see, then. But I'm definitely not optimistic about this, especially given the previous AoT game.

Well thankfully that was done by a totally different studio, so its not like it exactly applies to Omega Force. Just as long as they dont go putting in QTEs all over the place as mentioned, am sure it would turn out at least better than the 3DS games...

This secondary element is happily appreciated, considering KT games usually take months to be announced for the West

I suspect it'll literally be announced for the west like tomorrow :p

and dunno, they been speeding up on localization announcements

arslan was announced and it's not even out in japan yet

Mecha

I can't imagine AoT will make for a very fun game, attacking the back of necks can only be entertaining for so long.

Top Bottom