• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan game coming to PlayStation platform this winter from Omega Force/Koei

Sounds really interesting! I honestly thought it would turn out to be a DW9 in the end, but this is a nice surprise. I have absolutely no idea how they are gonna work this out though, if I look at other games from Koei or Omega Force.

I like all the characters, even Eren. I hope all are playable.

This could potentially be really awesome. If it turns out good, I'm sold. Then again, the last game I was hyped over an animated series was The Legend of Korra. We all know how that went. :'(

Funny, the only character I can't stand is Armin.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. Not confident they'll be able to make the omnidirectional gear feel good. Nothing against the developers, it's just a tall order I think.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
And Levi would slash titans with a look on his face that says "I'm so fucking bored".

tumblr_mssnka2rb41qccbo8o2_400.gif

Walpurgis

Banned
I completely forgot about the Capcom one. Since it is coming to arcades, that one should be very gameplay focused (hopefully physics based) and probably competitive. I hope this one is gameplay focused too. No one wants a bunch of QTEs. Between this one and the Capcom one, we should get at least one good Attack on Titan game.

This won't be on PS4, I assume? The wording of the announcement suggests it'll be some throwaway title on Vita to me.

Feels like if it was PS4 they'd have said PS4, whereas saying "a PlayStation platform" means they can build a little bit of hype before saying "oh it's on Vita by the way" and killing it dead. Or maybe it's PS3.

Parakeetman

This won't be on PS4, I assume? The wording of the announcement suggests it'll be some throwaway title on Vita to me.

Feels like if it was PS4 they'd have said PS4, whereas saying "a PlayStation platform" means they can build a little bit of hype before saying "oh it's on Vita by the way" and killing it dead. Or maybe it's PS3.

Doubt it, considering Koei is pretty smart with their PS4 development and will not want to leave out the largest market with a well known IP like AoT.

Doubt it, considering Koei is pretty smart with their PS4 development and will not want to leave out the largest market with a well known IP like AoT.

That would make sense, but just the way they've worded the announcement screams "cheap cash-in" rather than a properly developed game.

Parakeetman

That would make sense, but just the way they've worded the announcement screams "cheap cash-in" rather than a properly developed game.

You need to look at their development history recently rather than doing a chicken little with the sky is falling. Even more so with the fact that they will want to market this in the West too.

Takao

Banned

This isn't the game's intended announcement. It's a leak from the dust jacket of a manga volume that isn't out until Friday. The actual announcement is set for tomorrow on KT's website and at Gamescom. Given the game's immediate presence at a western event, I think it's likely the game is on all current PlayStation platforms and the vagueness is just shorthand.

Being on PS4 doesn't ensure the game isn't crap, though. The many Musou crossovers that were big home console productions can attest to that.

It'll probably be PS3/4 multiplatform, maybe Vita as well.

If it's a Toukiden re-skin (which makes a tonne more sense than another Musou) KT would have to be really stupid to skip Vita.

sleepykyo

That's kind of a really silly assumption, especially when the source material makes it obvious that the game will have to work different than a standard Dynasty Warriors game or related spinoff.

They could just make it about Eren stomping other titans. Nothing but titans everywhere. There the aerial element is gone. Hopefully they'll aim higher than that though.

salromano

Yeah this.

Well with collaboration with other IPs they are working on:

Arslan Warriors (PS3 / PS4 / XB1)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4)
Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (PS3 / PS4 / PSV)

..and now this. Possibly PS3 / PS4 / PSV.

Dissidia is Team Ninja, IIRC.

This is the full list of their in-dev games:

- Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
- Attack on Titan Game (PlayStation)
- Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
- Dynasty Warriors 9 (they said they're working on the next game)
- Samurai Warriors 4: Empires (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

And they probably have some other things going on besides that, knowing them.

Top Bottom