• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan game coming to PlayStation platform this winter from Omega Force/Koei

How do you even play an 'attack on titan' action game?

since all the enemies are pretty much giants...is it gonna be like Shadow of the colossus with spider-man like web-swinging?

Toukiden has some small enemies that you beat on, but it's primarily built around fighting huge enemies. Omega Force have been laying the groundwork for something like this by making that game.

Shizuka

Same. In fact, I went back and even read the old ones too.

Oh, that's a good idea. I think I'll go back and read the old ones as well.

The manga is still pretty early on the story here in Brazil =[
(besides, I'm piss poor now, so I have to choose between deeply discounted games or anything else for my free time. I always choose games)

It's already ahead of the anime, y'know? Also, you should stop by here, we're always seeking for more people unaware of our community![/url]

I didn't.

I read through all the chapters after the first episode aired. Manga is a lot better even though the arts are a bit messy.

I started watching the anime after it was about halfway done, it wasn't enough to make me go after the manga up until that point.

I expected the manga to be just as shounen, so I didn't feel compelled to go replace a cliffhanger for new ones.

Oh, I can tell that if you catch up now, there won't be any cliffhanger waiting for you.

After the cliffhanger, I went apeshit. For stuff that I really love, I force myself to experience it in anime form first so no manga. But damn, I went apeshit. Then I realised that the manga-ka draws with his buttcheeks. :|

I can't handle cliffhangers very well, so I made do with the manga. It's not that bad, but it's nothing like the action you'd see on the anime.

miku

tell me about it...especially the chapters...i actually thought they were concept art instead of actual art..

it is really that bad on the manga.

Well, Isayama himself already mentioned many times that his art looks kinda awkward and ugly.

But his artstyles grew on me eventually.

Isayama's art has gotten better over the years. It's still pretty crap in certain situations, but it's certainly readable. I wouldn't be reading it every month otherwise.

Vex_

Banned
I highly doubt koei will be able to translate the one thing that makes the anime great..

...the survival element. I doubt kt can pull that off with just the hack and slash talent they have.

Has he said why he refuses to accept an artist or why he refuses to go to art school?
Because it still sells shit loads, and it did so well as an Anime worldwide that it's getting a second season, "don't fix what ain't broken" and stuff :p

To those that mentioned next year's show, I bet that this game won't touch the season 2 stuff. Folks expecting even half as much action as in season 1 are going to be a bit disappointed. I'm actually curious as to how they are going to adapt this for the general public that is expecting more of the same, specially since what has been taking place since the cliffhanger. It took a bunch of chapters (months) for there to be any Titan action.

Because it still sells shit loads, and it did so well as an Anime worldwide that it's getting a second season, "don't fix what ain't broken" and stuff :p

To those that mentioned next year's show, I bet that this game won't touch the season 2 stuff. Folks expecting even half as much action as in season 1 are going to be a bit disappointed. I'm actually curious as to how they are going to adapt this for the general public that is expecting more of the same, specially since what has been taking place since the cliffhanger. It took a bunch of chapters (months) for there to be any Titan action.
(Light Attack on Titan season 2 spoilers are marked in this post to be careful)

I have a feeling that a lot of the
political intrigue
will be severely toned done. In my opinion, the first season had enough pacing issues as it was that it'll be hard to translate to the screen without causing some serious whiplash. I mean the first season got to chapter
and now we're sitting on
I believe. I don't know how much they've worked on the show already, but given that it's slated for 2016, they should have plenty of material to cut.

In many ways, given the way the manga has unfolded, I don't even think it's quite as well suited for an action heavy game as Season 1 was.

(Light Attack on Titan season 2 spoilers are marked in this post to be careful)

I have a feeling that a lot of the
political intrigue
will be severely toned done. In my opinion, the first season had enough pacing issues as it was that it'll be hard to translate to the screen without causing some serious whiplash. I mean the first season got to chapter
and now we're sitting on
I believe. I don't know how much they've worked on the show already, but given that it's slated for 2016, they should have plenty of material to cut.

In many ways, given the way the manga has unfolded, I don't even think it's quite as well suited for an action heavy game as Season 1 was.
Yeah my feelings towards the series are mixed to be quite honest. There were a bunch of months there that felt like the plot was going nowhere, if they put that into the Anime I can totally see their viewership tanking hard. AoT isn't bad now or anything, it just feels like a different thing compared to the first chapters/season 1.

Yeah my feelings towards the series are mixed to be quite honest. There were a bunch of months there that felt like the plot was going nowhere, if they put that into the Anime I can totally see their viewership tanking hard. AoT isn't bad now or anything, it just feels like a different thing compared to the first chapters/season 1.
To be honest, I liked the new direction a lot. More character development and a bit more complexity layered on the plot. I love
political intrigue
type stories. But like you said, for the anime that might tank views.

Anyways, all that means to me is that they won't really be spoiling the post-Season 1 manga stuff. The most that could happen in my mind is that they talk with Isayama and create a spin-off story...which admittedly could be awesome if they made it happen.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
to not get the thread closed for stupid reasons go to the offtopic section if you want to discuss the manga and not the actual announcenent.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
haha, ps3/ps4/vita

Makes sense, considering still a good number of fans who have not moved over to the PS4 yet. Trying to get as much sales as possible with the first title in the series.

Still though would be nice if they start to move away from the PS3 at this point to get more folks to shift to the PS4.

Elandyll

Banned
Biggest megaton of the day for me no contest... I have been hoping for a decent AoT game for years now.

Let's hope it'll be the one :)

Top Bottom