• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan game coming to PlayStation platform this winter from Omega Force/Koei

I hope they nail movement. That seems to be the most difficult part to emulate. And the best part of the show.

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NEIN, WIR SIND DER JÄGER!

Are you food? No, we are hunters!
Is that it? I've only been studying German for 3 weeks.

Is this from the manga? Don't remember it popping up on the anime.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I hope they nail movement. That seems to be the most difficult part to emulate. And the best part of the show.

Are you food? No, we are hunters!
Is that it? I've only been studying German for 3 weeks.

Is this from the manga? Don't remember it popping up on the anime.

Its supposed to be "you are the prey and we are the hunters" but its obviously germanese.

The first line of the opening

jwk94

What Im curious about is how they plan to tackle the vertical gameplay that would be necessary for an AoT title, since its not exactly something they have done before. Same with building maps around that.

Yeah, that could make or break the game.

Hikami

countdown to the reveal
t1438758000z2.png

Shengar

Hype deflated but I can see they pulling the gameplay since they already sone it in a say with the CnS/Kusarigama

EDIT: And seriously guys, why makes you think it'll be musou? Omega Force made non-musou games quite often recently. Heck, Dragin Quest Heroes is not even a musou, it's a Zill Ol game.

Hype deflated but I can see they pulling the gameplay since they already sone it in a say with the CnS/Kusarigama

EDIT: And seriously guys, why makes you think it'll be musou? Omega Force made non-musou games quite often recently. Heck, Dragin Quest Heroes is not even a musou, it's a Zill Ol game.

Heck, the first sentence of this game's teaser explicitly says "This is not Musou".

Jashobeam

I was watching the IGN demo of Scalebound and the player does a move where he attaches himself to a big monster from a distance (kind of like a grappling hook) and can freely maneouver around midair, then choose where to land on the giant monster. Seems like that would be perfect for an AoT game.

wmlk

I was watching the IGN demo of Scalebound and the player does a move where he attaches himself to a big monster from a distance (kind of like a grappling hook) and can freely maneouver around midair, then choose where to land on the giant monster. Seems like that would be perfect for an AoT game.

I mean, it is Platinum Games.

My dream AoT game would be Platinum x CC2.

Only 6 hours? YES!
Don't let me down, Omega Force. Please <3

Why would you ignore animes OP? They are like the best part.

xD
I usually don't like the kind of music they use (except for something like Death Note or Yoko Kanno's OSTs), and some have heavy spoilers in them.

EDIT: Your Miku avatar and name tell me we have very different tastes in music hehe

AoT is an interesting license as it seems like no one has exclusive rights to it for games. Spike has made one, Koei's making one, and Capcom announced that they're making an arcade game based on it. Capcom's could be pretty interesting considering what they'redoing with the Seeker class in DDO

a59xzx.gif

miku

Only 6 hours? YES!
Don't let me down, Omega Force. Please <3

xD
I usually don't like the kind of music they use (except for something like Death Note or Yoko Kanno's OSTs), and some have heavy spoilers in them.

EDIT: Your Miku avatar and name tell me we have very different tastes in music hehe

Haha, I know what you mean. Some OP does do that.

shaowebb

Please be good, please don't be a standard musou.

Standard musou is good. Orochi 3, Dynasty 8, Samurai 4, and then the stuff like Hyrule Warriors, One Piece Pirate Warriors, and Gundam musou are all phenomenal as well.

I get though that this needs to have some VERY significant and unique differences to truly feel like Attack on Titan though. It wasn't one vs 1000s like those other musou. To capture the combat of Attack on Titan requires new and unique functions and features.

This is why I think the whole "this is not a warriors game" was brought up in the teasers...as an indicator of how much they realized this and had to modify the formula and combat to a completely different sort of action than normal.

Its Koei...they do well at these sorts of adaptations meant to fit specific licenses and their own unique trademarks on action. I think we'll be pleased with what they come up with if their track record is anything to show for it.

wmlk

I'm still trying to find a Kanno track better than Space Lion. No luck. :(

luminous

Second season never EVER

This can't look much worse than the 3DS game did, I hope we're getting something at least kinda decent now

AoT is an interesting license as it seems like no one has exclusive rights to it for games. Spike has made one, Koei's making one, and Capcom announced that they're making an arcade game based on it. Capcom's could be pretty interesting considering what they'redoing with the Seeker class in DDO

a59xzx.gif

This could work ... THIS COULD WORK!

zulux21

I'm quite happy with this announcement in general.
First I don't mind Omega Force.
second, unlike many other companies with koei/OF I don't have to worry if this game will release in english. (it's the only reason I never worried about dragon quest heroes releasing in english even though I have worries about every other DQ game :/)

I do agree combat will have to be quite a bit different from their normal games though, as it has to be a lot more tactical and more 1 on 1. That isn't to say that there won't be areas with lots of titans, that happens in the anime and it was terrifying.

Shizuka

How could anyone even wait for the anime's second season after that cliffhanger? Right after I was done with it, I read every single manga that followed the story after the anime until I caught up with the story.

How could anyone even wait for the anime's second season after that cliffhanger? Right after I was done with it, I read every single manga that followed the story after the anime until I caught up with the story.
Same. In fact, I went back and even read the old ones too.

This could work ... THIS COULD WORK!

As much as I trust in Omega Force, Capcom is something else when it comes to combat. I wouldn't have expectations Dragon's Dogma high.

The manga is still pretty early on the story here in Brazil =[
(besides, I'm piss poor now, so I have to choose between deeply discounted games or anything else for my free time. I always choose games)

miku

I didn't.

I read through all the chapters after the first episode aired. Manga is a lot better even though the arts are a bit messy.

Ogawa-san

I expected the manga to be just as shounen, so I didn't feel compelled to go replace a cliffhanger for new ones.

TreIII

a59xzx.gif

Yeah, this is perhaps the reason why Capcom's game interests me the most.

Admittedly, I'm not that into AoT (though I guess I can give it another shot if Capcom and Koei's games do it for me). But seeing another game that could put to use mechanics that are in the likes of Dragon's Dogma (Capcom) or DW: Strikefore (Koei/Omega Force) is enough to get me interested in the possibilities.

As much as I trust in Omega Force, Capcom is something else when it comes to combat. I wouldn't have expectations Dragon's Dogma high.

It depends. If Capcom's arcade veteran staff may be on the AoS arcade game, and perhaps if they can get ByKing's (ex-Capcom arcade staff that went on to make the Gundam Vs. and Gunslinger Statos series) help, the arcade game could stand to be something else.

But of course, that remains to be seen.

lord_lad

Banned
How do you even play an 'attack on titan' action game?

since all the enemies are pretty much giants...is it gonna be like Shadow of the colossus with spider-man like web-swinging?

lord_lad

Banned
I didn't.

I read through all the chapters after the first episode aired. Manga is a lot better even though the arts are a bit messy.

tell me about it...especially the chapters...i actually thought they were concept art instead of actual art..

it is really that bad on the manga.

Walpurgis

Banned
This game is gonna spoil the inevitable season 2, isn't it? lol
Probably. :( Hopefully season 2 will be out before then.
After the cliffhanger, I went apeshit. For stuff that I really love, I force myself to experience it in anime form first so no manga. But damn, I went apeshit. Then I realised that the manga-ka draws with his buttcheeks. :|
How do you even play an 'attack on titan' action game?

since all the enemies are pretty much giants...is it gonna be like Shadow of the colossus with spider-man like web-swinging?
Try this free browser Attack on Titan indie game. It's made by one guy but he has the right idea. I wish someone would give him a development team, a wad of cash and told him to make Attack on Titan PS4.

Top Bottom