• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

CryptiK

Played a bit of Dead Rising. Doesnt seem like a next gen title. I don't know if its my TV but the blacks are crushed and it seems like there is an over done sharpening filter on the game. Still fun though shame about the frame rate.

Kritz

Banned
don't even know what this means.

twitters.php

traitor

you shouldve probably mentioned cross-protocol chat in the op

Eh. Anyone who joins either chat will find out immediately anyway.

Mondy

Banned
I'll make do with the second page. Also can I say, that thread title is fucking amazing.

5 days 23 hours to go.

crap I missed the new thread. Why'd you guys talk so much today? :mad: Now I gotta reply to Danoss from the last thread like a chump.

Title is perfect <3

Sorry for the late reply, only just catching up on the thread now.

Cartilage piercings are notoriously slow healing and can take up to 12 months to heal. The reason is that there is very little blood that flows to the area. When you see blood from the piercing procedure, that is actually from the skin that covers the cartilage. A good piercer will produce minimal blood as you can actually see the blood vessels in the ear if you backlight it, so they're easy to avoid.

It doesn't sound infected, just easily irritated and perhaps healing slower than it should. If it was infected, you would know, it'd feel hot to the touch, there'd be pus (most likely green in colour), you'd be aware of it all the time and you would actually feel bodily sick too.

One thing with cartilage piercings is that the jewellery selection is very important. This is the case with all piercings, but I'm emphasising this for cartilage piercings because of the different way they heal. The jewellery gauge should be smaller than the hole that is made, this is to account for the skin that needs to grow over the top of the cartilage between it and the jewellery. If the jewellery is a snug fit at the time of the piercing and after the initial swelling has gone down, it will give you a very hard time. This is aside from the material the jewellery is made from and the quality of it (threading, polish, etc).

Captive bead rings are not a good idea for cartilage piercings because they move on their own a lot more, which increases healing time (as it disturbs newly healed tissue) andthey catch on things more easily. They also force your body to create a curved fistula instead of a straight one, which can also prolong healing. Diameter of the ring will matter too, which has the same effect of a barbell that's too short. I don't think this applies to you as I believe you have a barbell in there, but I thought it worth mentioning anyway.

If it's worrying you, I suggest going to a piercing studio and having it looked at by an experienced piercer. The good ones will be happy to help you, even if they didn't do the piercing themselves, and give you whatever information you need. I believe I pointed you to The Piercing Shop a while ago after speaking to my piercer about reputable places in Brisbane. I forget the name of the head piercer there, but he said she is very good.

Thanks for your response, I thought you might have missed it. That actually makes me feel a hell of a lot better. The pamphlet I got said it should be healed within three months so I was getting pretty concerned. I was thinking about getting a couple more while I still can so perhaps I'll check in on the piercing shop, get something done and ask them while I'm there.

Those barbells are ridiculously hard to get off, btw. Screwed on so tight. I feel like I'm playing operation trying not to touch the sides of the hole. So far I still haven't taken the top one out at all. Might ask the piercing guys to do it :p

I, for one, welcome our new AusGAF overlords. And may even post in this thread*.

*Probably not. It just never happens for some reason. Sad.
lol, I was actually beginning to wonder if you were steam-only like aniseed.

One day I should learn how to texture things instead of stealing images off google.
Kritz your game gives me nightmares.
It's beautiful ;.;

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
In a few hours I pick up Zelda ALBW and go to a equal love rally in melbourne.. life is good.

Played a bit of Dead Rising. Doesnt seem like a next gen title. I don't know if its my TV but the blacks are crushed and it seems like there is an over done sharpening filter on the game. Still fun though shame about the frame rate.
That the X1 upscaler. You will probably see that in any game that isn't 1080p (which would be most of them aside from Forza).

Also it does it to TV stuff but games consoles put through the HDMI in should be fine, aside from the extra input lag.

In a few hours I pick up Zelda ALBW and go to a equal love rally in melbourne.. life is good.

On that note Quentin Bryce is a super classy lady :)

Shaneus

What the fuck

Lying fucking arseholes

Microsoft Game Studios & Turn 10 ladies and gentlemen

17sxek.png

1_1j3amu.png

Guess which one is what was beamed onto televisions and monitors throughout the world and which is what the gamers who saw that demonstration are seeing.

This along with the "the cloud makes the X1 the most powerful console on the planet" bullshit from today incenses me.

Lying fucking cunts.

Plain and simple.

Don't fucking lie to consumers.

Tell the fucking truth.

Why are you allergic to the fucking truth Microsoft.

Why.

I really really hope the pictures are faked. I really want this to not be true :(
Holy, holy fucking shit. Is there a new thread for that?

More and more, FM5 is less coming off like they "didn't have time" and more "freemium IAP game but with a full pricetag".

Let's not forget Turn 10's promise that every single car was completely remodeled, when from the FM5 thread it's been discovered that some cars still have their exact same modelling mistakes... that, and the first car pack has ALL CARS as ones that were introduced into either FM4 or Horizon. Shifty as fuck.

Really not impressed with their form. Feel a bit sorry for Helios, too. He copped it with the F1 games and now he's copped it with this.

Also rep, check this shit out:
[img[http://i.imgur.com/PVp0oTL.jpg[/img]
Downgrade total.

We need Forza 5 on PC right now.
No you don't.

Shaneus

Nope, 'twas a 24hr only thing, I'm afraid!

Hey rep, more on the FM5 front:
So, people seem to be happy/thrilled with the audio-visual and physics in the game. And I've got to say I'm still tempted by the increase in layers in the livery editor.

BUT
Decimated car and track count, and the whole 'built from the ground up' talk is nothing but PR hot air.
No Public lobbies
No Clubs
No gifting of cars or paints (say goodbye to collabs)
Free Play has been stripped.
No Auction House or Storefront.
Tuning has been dumbed down to an extent ( engine and drive swaps )
No community leaderboards. ( offset somewhat by rivals leaderboards )
No affinity for car parts. ( WTF )
Intrusive monetizing offers which are eight times more expensive than FM4.

Whoever made these decisions about gameplay mechanics, let alone content, has a lot to answer for IMO. They have cut the community off at the knees.
lol
At this point in time, it almost sounds like Driveclub in it's unfinished PSN-exclusive state would've been more complete than FM5 is. I just wish the reviews showed that :/

Was that earbud headphone deal from last thread a one time offer or is it still kicking around? Just lost my headphones :(
If you're into IEMs, I highly recommend the Hifiman RE400s. Been using mine now for a couple of weeks and, in comparison to the Shure SE215s they replaced, punch FAR above their weight.

$110ish from headphones.com.au delivered. Mine came with a couple of Comply tips free, too. The bundled ones are crap.

wonzo

Banned
The lower resolution textures are wanted I'm irritated by. The time of day and brightness settings are obviously different but the textures in several parts of the track are worse than those that were shown off in PR events. Foliage is the most obvious.
Shadows are in the same place and the sky is baloo.
It's pretty hard to tell from the awful Youtube compression but w/e. Shit looks bad either way.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
One of my kitties is sick. My fluffball mishka. Mum took her to the vet this morning. She's severely dehydrated. And underweight which we knew already. They think she might have fiv. Blood tests will work out what's wrong. I'm so sad right now :(
Excuse the live journal post

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
One of my kitties is sick. My fluffball mishka. Mum took her to the vet this morning. She's severely dehydrated. And underweight which we knew already. They think she might have fiv. Blood tests will work out what's wrong. I'm so sad right now :(

Mishka :(

I hope she's ok

Dead Man

Cute red head at the breath testing centre. Woo.

UlRBClb.png

If it's FIV she might be okay anyway, you'll just have to keep an eye on her to see when she gets crook. If she is desexed and your other cats are too then that reduces the chances of transmission between them. Hope it's just a mega cat flu.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
All 3 cats are desexed. She's always been sickly but another vet said it was just a parasite, which we treated. I changed her food so she'd fatten up but nothing has worked so far. She was a stray so I guess she's just had a rough life before I got her. Her behaviour had changed this past fortnight. She's been peeing in odd places and in front of me. I was ready to take her to a shelter coz I thought she was acting out for some reason against me and the other cats. I hope they find out what's wrong and can be treated.

If you're into IEMs, I highly recommend the Hifiman RE400s. Been using mine now for a couple of weeks and, in comparison to the Shure SE215s they replaced, punch FAR above their weight.

$110ish from headphones.com.au delivered. Mine came with a couple of Comply tips free, too. The bundled ones are crap.

Thanks I'll definately look into them.

senahorse

Going to Symphony of Legends - Video Games Unplugged at the Brisbane convention centre tonight.

Featured Works

O'DONNELL - Main Theme from Halo
TANAKA - Gravity Daze
BROWER - A Tenuous Pact from World of Warcraft
BROWER - The Hyperion Overture from StarCraft 2
SCHYMAN - Suite from Bioshock 2 - Australian Premiere
EDMONSON - Atlantis of the Sands from Uncharted III
EDMONSON - Nate's Theme from Uncharted II
VELASCO - The Isle of Creation from God of War II
MCCONNELL - Grim Fandango fromGrim Fandango
UEMATSU - One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII
TIN - Baba Yetu from Civilisation IV
KIKUTA - Angel's Fear from Secret of Mana II
KYD - Ezio's Family from Assassin's Creed II
BROWER - Legacy of Terror from Diablo III
CORBEIL - Heavy Rain – World Premiere
WINTORY - Nascence from Journey – Australian Premiere
WINTORY - Journey: Apotheosis fromJourney – Australian Premiere
SOULE - Dragonborn Theme from Skyrim

... And a few surprises!

Should be good times :D

I was tempted to go to that....until I looked at the song list and realized it was mostly songs from games I've never cared for. Pity we never got that Zelda symphony here in Brisbane.

Gazunta

*looks through list of songs being performed*

No Rob Hubbard NO SALE.

Those people who are going, enjoy Kris Straub. He's a right funny bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom