• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to watch the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie last week in our movie club because one of the blokes was excited for the anniversary episode. Needless to say we wanted to kick that bloke out of the club.

This weeks movie, Unforgiven, should wash away the pain though. Probably watch it tonight.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh god. Hartnells getting sick and he doesn't want to quit.

Awesome fogz, I just checked my locals. Too pricey for me I'm afraid :(

HolyCheck

I expect manly tears from you! I can't be the only one that cried

Ahhh I stopped just as he started yelling at the new directors/producers about how the tardis works.. I could see what was coming and I need to go out to a family dinner now. Will watch when I get back ;_;

r1chard

What's keeping you extra busy r1chard?
New job and general end-of-year insanity with school (etc.) and xmas and school holidays :)

I spent today at the Whitehorse Center helping out with my daughter's end of year ballet performance rehearsals (performances all next week.) Parenthood, yeah! :)

I just played the Next Car Game tech demo with my daughter and we both had a blast. Many LOLs and I really hope they can get the backing to make a game of it.

HolyCheck

New job and general end-of-year insanity with school (etc.) and xmas and school holidays :)

I spent today at the Whitehorse Center helping out with my daughter's end of year ballet performance rehearsals (performances all next week.) Parenthood, yeah! :)

I just played the Next Car Game tech demo with my daughter and we both had a blast. Many LOLs and I really hope they can get the backing to make a game of it.

Whitehorse... as in melbourne? as in MITCHAM?

Jintor

can't even pick up zelda til monday cos the stupid trains are down and i'm not suffering the pleasure of a horrible bus ride to a place i go on monday anyway

Deeku

im so certain the persona thing is gonna be a massive disappointment lol

also i want zelda, but i doubt stores here would have US copies already:(

HolyCheck

Watching it with my mum now. Went back to the start... the opening scene with him in the car... hits much harder now

My Wii U froze three times today. The third time was the sixth or seventh time in the less-than-two months I've had it. It's always up-to-date and where I've had other consoles for years without issues.

Nintendo's customer service hours and my schedule don't align until Tuesday.

r1chard

Whitehorse... as in melbourne? as in MITCHAM?
Yep. I'm actually in Ringwood now, but until April (when I separated from my wife) I was in Mitcham for about 12 years.

And yes, I feel utterly lame in not having been able to make it to a MelbGAF beer-up yet. It always seems to fall on a week when I'm a single dad :(

HolyCheck

Yep. I'm actually in Ringwood now, but until April (when I separated from my wife) I was in Mitcham for about 12 years.

And yes, I feel utterly lame in not having been able to make it to a MelbGAF beer-up yet. It always seems to fall on a week when I'm a single dad :(

You should come to a mitchamgaf meetup!

HolyCheck

Wait now I'm totally confused. Is something that's not the 50th anniversary episode happening?

There's a few things that have release this week worth watching:

Night of the Doctor - a short 7 minute webisode starring the 7th doctor.
An adventure in space and time - a docudrama on William hartnells stint as the first doctor (which is what we've been talking about in this thread as it's quite emotional!) 2 hours in length
And the last one I forget it's name, but is quite a decent BBC doco on dr who, 2 hours in length

And then tomorrow's 50th anniversary movie length ep

There's a few things that have release this week worth watching:

Night of the Doctor - a short 7 minute webisode starring the 7th doctor.
An adventure in space and time - a docudrama on William hartnells stint as the first doctor (which is what we've been talking about in this thread as it's quite emotional!) 2 hours in length
And the last one I forget it's name, but is quite a decent BBC doco on dr who, 2 hours in length

And then tomorrow's 50th anniversary movie length ep

oh thankyou! I'll be sure to check them all out once I'm up to speed :p

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Zelda A Link Between Worlds is fucking awesome so far. First Zelda game in a while that doesn't fuck around in terms of the start.

Not so sure about this Item Rental business though.. weird system.

Greetings once again AusGAFers. Any good deals for PS4 games floating around yet? Given some of the games have already been released I was kind of hoping Big W or Target or Kmart would have something in their last catalogue, but no such luck.

Axiom

I'd like to add that in addition to the Anniversary special, there is STILL a Doctor Who Christmas special this year to cap everything off

Man it feels like yesterday I was up at 5am watching a shitty stream of Matt Smith's first episode

HolyCheck

Oh god the scene where he's rambling and staring blankly and just walks off the tardis set.

;_;

Edit: "I don't want to go" over the fireplace.

I'm gone :( manly tears had

Greetings once again AusGAFers. Any good deals for PS4 games floating around yet? Given some of the games have already been released I was kind of hoping Big W or Target or Kmart would have something in their last catalogue, but no such luck.

Target/Kmart/Big W will have them for $69 I expect, since that's the price of the X1 games.

And as always,
kill Hitler
avoid EB.

So weird to see how popular Dr Who is these days. And how well the BBC is treating it.

This is how the BBC (when they were in their "we hate Doctor Who" phase) thought they should celebrate the 30th Anniversary (It was also 3D)

Its about 15 minutes, and eyebleedingly awful. I've never been able to watch it for more than about thirty seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQCeMIQpFBc

What is the best way for us to do that? I have an Amazon log in, but have never really used it (except for Kickstarter stuff).

Add a US address as your primary address, it won't let you buy otherwise.

Heck yeah gonna buy like 5 years of that

...Limit 2 per person, goddamn it

I'm set till mid-2015 so will only be getting 1 more year to the total.

If you have friends in the Us, get them to buy the codes from bestbuy, target etc.

I can't wait for this 50th anniversary of Doctor Who to come. The sooner it ends, the sooner people can stop talking about Doctor Who.

I don't dislike Doctor Who, don't see the fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom