• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

radaxian

Super good, especially since Nintendo are usually fucking awful for prices here.

lol at how cheap Metroid Prime trilogy is compared to the retail copies.

I shoulda grabbed some of those cheap eStore cards at Christmas >_<

Very happy Nintendo has added digital download of Wii games. I wonder if you can now play all Wii games direct from the Wii U menu too? (suspect not)

I might need to upgrade from the 32GB flash drive to an actual hard drive if they keep releasing decent games. I have a disc copy of Metroid Trilogy but I found it for about $40 - I'd hate to have just bought it for the current price of about $100.

You can only play Wii games from the WiiU menu if you pay $32 for that luxury rad.

I'm in for SMG2 since that was the last great Mario game.

EB Games has all the new Amiibo figures announced last night available for preorder right now!

When are they available to pickup? Because I'd prefer to avoid EB if possible.

I JUST WANT NESS FFS >_<

Well, maybe Charizard too :)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Calling Nintendo Australia right now.

Talked to some young guy. He knew about the Nintendo Direct but hasn't seen it himself.

I asked "There was a download code for the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo that was supposed to be released after the direct" he said he wasn't sure about it and put me on hold.

*Various Mario sound effects and jingles*

"Um we are not sure about the details. We don't know if this will come to Australia. OKAY BYE".

I just got an email with demo codes if you still need one

demidar

Whaaa how did I get here?

Ahem, for some strange reason I got 4 MH4U codes despite not having a local 3DS. Does anyone want one? First come first serve, send me a PM.

Fusebox

Banned
Guys I bought the n3DSXL from JB but I don't want it, it's too heavy.

Now I have to wait another 5 days to do the system transfer back to my regular n3DS.

Can anyone think of a reason I could take it back to JB and get a refund even though it works fine?

Oh and thx again Lucian Cat!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys I bought the n3DSXL from JB but I don't want it, it's too heavy.

Now I have to wait another 5 days to do the system transfer back to my regular n3DS.

Can anyone think of a reason I could take it back to JB and get a refund even though it works fine?

Oh and thx again Lucian Cat!
Birthday present from grandma when you already have one!

My Myki started malfunctioning this week, all 'touches' are showing up as a touch on (even when it is a touch off). Which means when I touch off, it thinks I am starting a new trip and didn't touch off from the previous trip, so it deducts for the first trip and starts another trip that will also deduct when I go to touch on the next time. Paying for two trips for every one trip.

They are reimbursing me but they are only reimbursing me up until yesterday as they don't have today in their stats yet and so I'll need to be reimbursed again for today as a separate payment and get a replacement card. Which they told will cost me even though it's faulty? I have heard otherwise from my dad when his was malfunctioning.

And now I find Hotline Miami 2 is refused classification. :(

Preordered a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.

"Do you have an existing 3DS you might be able to trade in?"

"Um maybe."

E5w9g8g.gif

50 hours later when the girl was finished explaining all of the things I could trade towards it I finally got to pay the deposit down. Then the "wow I bet you're excited for some of these great upcoming games that you could preorder" small talk begins, culminating in the shocking revelation that "The New Zelda for WiiU is just going to be called 'The Legend of Zelda' without any subtitles, it says so on our computers!"

HolyCheck

Preordered a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.

"Do you have an existing 3DS you might be able to trade in?"

"Um maybe."

E5w9g8g.gif

50 hours later when the girl was finished explaining all of the things I could trade towards it I finally got to pay the deposit down. Then the "wow I bet you're excited for some of these great upcoming games that you could preorder" small talk begins, culminating in the shocking revelation that "The New Zelda for WiiU is just going to be called 'The Legend of Zelda' without any subtitles, it says so on our computers!"

Lol.

I bought a wii u for xmas for my family.

The guy selling it to me was great.

"Oh super Mario! I loved that on the nintendo 64"

"Do yyou have any wii remotes? You can use them!"
Me: do you have wii u pro pads?

Himh let me go check! Comes back "doesn't look like we've ever had them! We've got the wii ones, they'll work!"

Me: .... I was in here 2 weeks go aand you had them...

HolyCheck

Alternatively, fuse could give me the n3DSXL as a belated wedding present.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys I got married.

Congratas!!!!

Did you get a dog a house and a baby in the same month too? (swapping out the wedding for an engagement, you could beat jambo here)

Fusebox

Banned
Congrats legend166!

I won't be sending you the 3DS but you've inspired me to return it to JB and tell them it was an unwanted wedding gift.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Legend166 is this the same women you posted about in AusGAF chat like three or four years ago?

Also congrats!

For Jintor and shanshan310: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/01/two-concepts-of-nudity-bayonetta-and-error404.html

A pretty interesting analysis of the sexualisation that is portrayed in Bayonetta 1/2. One of the most fun critiques I've read in a while.

Great article.
Being Bayonetta was fun and empowering and badass, which is why the stupid voyeuristic cut scene cameras felt so out of place and uncomfortable. It was in no way enough to ruin what were two overall really awesome games, but the switch between playing as Bayonetta - and being her - and what was obvious fan service crotch shots annoyed me greatly. Not that I don't think she can't be sexy, because it's great that she is, but that there is a difference and switching to appeal to a pervy audience breaks the immersion.
What are your thoughts?

Lucian Cat

I would decide quickly if I were you, I don't think it will be available long.

I like the way you think. Preordered

My credit card weeps. Also bought an activity tracker today ;__;
(It was also low coz I haven't been at work in weeeeeeeks)

Fusebox

Banned
Jesus my wallet.

Today I woke up and spent about $30 on the US PSN store to get Ys The Oath, Trails in the Sky, Dissidia, Chrono Trigger and FFIV Complete.

Then I preordered the Majoras Mask n3DSXL for my relos.

Then I preordered the entire next waves of Amiibos for me and my bubs.

Then I preordered the Majoras Mask Collectors Ed

Then I preordered the Monster Hunter n3DSXL for myself.

Someone take my wallet to the emergency department!

Today I went one share in a 3DBD player for my folks. Had lunch, 14 dollars. Bought SMG2 on WiiU for 13. 50 dollar preorder down on the MJ 3DS. Now MM for 79.

Oops.

I like the way you think. Preordered

My credit card weeps. Also bought an activity tracker today ;__;
(It was also low coz I haven't been at work in weeeeeeeks)

I'm rolling a Fitbit Charge.

Lucian Cat

Today I went one share in a 3DBD player for my folks. Had lunch, 14 dollars. Bought SMG2 on WiiU for 13. 50 dollar preorder down on the MJ 3DS. Now MM for 79.

Oops.

I'm rolling a Fitbit Charge.

I almost got one of those but the Garmin Vivosmart was calling to me

Majora's Mask is too hard
Then again, I'm pretty bad/impatient at that type of game
Got stuck in the water temple in OoT as a kid, only finished that for the first time last year lol

I think Stan has my vote because of its name.

can you see yourself becoming a Stan stan huehuehue

Today I woke up and spent about $30 on the US PSN store to get Ys The Oath, Trails in the Sky, Dissidia, Chrono Trigger and FFIV Complete.

I hate youuuuu. Stupid US only sale :(

I paid like $500 today for first term of kindergarten fees and a grand on my credit card (due to the Xmas madness) soooooooooooooo I'm broke as fuck lol

Time to hit the gaming backlog! lol

Glad I got bored with OoT 3D so I have zero interest in replaying MM again.

Fredescu

So perhaps I'm missing something, but what's so hype about this Majora's Mask CE? Is it because it's super limited, or what?

Personally I really like the steelbook. But yes, it's super limited. It sold out in the UK really quickly, and the release via EB was apparently a stealth and it was never on their website. This is the first time it's been available online from an Australian retailer to my knowledge.

Lucian Cat

I've always loved the design of Majoras Mask. I'd buy nearly anything related to it.

This is my first preorder AND special edition purchase of any game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom