• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Giant

Banned
Metriod Prime Trilogy for $13 at the end of the month. I'm in

Will be double dipping on Punch out and Sin & Punishment 2. Might as well get Pandora's Tower.

I already pre-ordered 1 toad, 2 Robin, 2 Ness and 2 Lucina amiibo's. My poor poor wallet.

I bought Mario 3D World and Lego City Undercover from OGS todays while the 10% thing was still on. And now Majora's Mask SE.

two really good games there.

I see MM as an interesting yet fatally flawed experiment. I don't think it's too coincidental that after this darker take we got Wind Waker (which I'm probably going to list as my favourite Zelda title).

MM can go fuck right off. That fucking trading sequence to get to the fucking hideout that makes you do the whole thing again if you die in the hideout. no thanks. not ever again.

Fredescu

two really good games there.

Your comments probably had something to do with my getting Lego City. That and it's getting pretty hard to find. Pikmin will have to be next for the same reason. OGS have sold out twice now.

I have played MM, but it's been that long that it will be like a whole new game to me. Yay aging.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Metriod Prime Trilogy for $13 at the end of the month. I'm in

Will be double dipping on Punch out and Sin & Punishment 2. Might as well get Pandora's Tower.

I already pre-ordered 1 toad, 2 Robin, 2 Ness and 2 Lucina amiibo's. My poor poor wallet.

ive bowed out of hte amiibo race. i've realised I REALLY can't afford to be doing that.

Mon hun 4 and majoras mask for me next month.

and yes will be going metroid prime trilogy sin and punihment and pandoras tower

Lego City is an essential game. It's funny and fun. It's a better game than Lego Marvel or Lego Movie and it's one of the few games that has the game pad integral to the design (also means no off screen play)

SM3D World isn't Galaxy. screw the haters, I liked 3D world more than Galaxy and equal with Galaxy 2

Who are we kidding? We know I will eventually get MM again.

I've always loved the design of Majoras Mask. I'd buy nearly anything related to it.

This is my first preorder AND special edition purchase of any game ever.

Personally I really like the steelbook. But yes, it's super limited. It sold out in the UK really quickly, and the release via EB was apparently a stealth and it was never on their website. This is the first time it's been available online from an Australian retailer to my knowledge.

Right on. Thanks for that.

Yeah, I like all the 3D Mario's so I'm sure I'll like 3D World. I'm not expecting Galaxy. I'm loving 3D Land at the moment.

It gets more interesting as it goes along. The first few worlds are kind of a snooze fest. Particularly because everything is super wide to facilitate coop.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Ausgaf gonna be eating a lot of 2 minute noodles this month.

Jokes on you, I already do that.

Grabbed Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS instead, looks way better than the Majora's Mask one. These things are selling for like $500 on Ebay, craaaaazy.

Also, the Smite tournament was awesome and everyone should play it. If you like MOBA's but want a change I definitely recommend it, a whole lot of fun and the third-person camera angle definitely changes things up.

Dryk

Jokes on you, I already do that.

Grabbed Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS instead, looks way better than the Majora's Mask one. These things are selling for like $500 on Ebay, craaaaazy.
I have zero interest in MH4 but that 3DS design is sick

Yeah, I like all the 3D Mario's so I'm sure I'll like 3D World. I'm not expecting Galaxy. I'm loving 3D Land at the moment.
Yeah you'll be fine, it's a better 3D Land

I wish I had a gif of those beat block slides

Arksy

Sad to hear that Hotline Miami 2 has been banned because of a violent sex scene (possibly rape but the wording of the article was weird). I've had no coffee and it's wayy too early for proper thinking. I'm mega-bummed though, was genuinely looking forward to this.

Card Boy

Banned
So Foxtels Netflix competitor Presto has launched.

600px-tumbleweed-on-highway.jpg

According to whirlpool no HD and No 5.1, $15 a month for both TV shows and movies. 10 if you want one of the other and the selection looks bad. lol Foxtel.

senahorse

Sad to hear that Hotline Miami 2 has been banned because of a violent sex scene (possibly rape but the wording of the article was weird). I've had no coffee and it's wayy too early for proper thinking. I'm mega-bummed though, was genuinely looking forward to this.

It has been refused classification, not banned so just buy it on Steam.

600px-tumbleweed-on-highway.jpg

According to whirlpool no HD and No 5.1, $15 a month for both TV shows and movies. 10 if you want one of the other and the selection looks bad. lol Foxtel.

I for one am shocked at Foxtel clearly not being competitive. It's not like there aren't way better options out there, oh wait there are.

Any deals on good TVs at the moment? My parents are looking for something around 60 inches. They don't seem concerned about paying for something good. Was thinking a 55 inch Bravia but they were 980 bucks at boxing day and 1300 dollars now... which just irks me.

It's almost the weekend, the Evolve Xbox One open beta is on... Anyone want a 48-hour LIVE code that I've had forever and will never use?

Was thinking a 55 inch Bravia but they were 980 bucks at boxing day and 1300 dollars now... which just irks me.
JB sold the 60" for $998 at the Boxing Day sales. I took advantage of it, so did Vook by the looks of things.

Quasar

I thought presto launched months ago and when reviews said it was SD I stopped caring. Then after Stan announced their price the halved theirs.

Actual rape as part of a movie shoot, been known to be in the game for about 18 months now. I still haven't seen the gameplay from the scene but it's grounds for RC since we don't have a proper 18+ classification. Staged necrophilia I guess it would be classed?

Very interested to read/see/play the game to get a grasp on what they are going for, in terms of the whole game being part of a staged movie set. First game had some good commentary on ultra violence but they've never been the most nuanced games.

Actual rape as part of a movie shoot, been known to be in the game for about 18 months now. I still haven't seen the gameplay from the scene but it's grounds for RC since we don't have a proper 18+ classification. Staged necrophilia I guess it would be classed?
You can see it on YouTube if you're interested in seeing why it was RC. Apparently it's unsuitable for all Australians so it's your call if you watch it.

Edit: Taken completely in isolation, the scene depicts necrophilia I suppose, but in context it's clear that not only is it a movie being filmed (made clear immediately after the scene takes place) but that the person "killed" is shown to be alive immediately afterward, reading the movie script.

radaxian

Any deals on good TVs at the moment? My parents are looking for something around 60 inches. They don't seem concerned about paying for something good. Was thinking a 55 inch Bravia but they were 980 bucks at boxing day and 1300 dollars now... which just irks me.

I have a 55" Bravia and it's been great. W800 from 2013 I think.

Stackboy

Off to see Birdman tonight, I've watched a few trailers but I still feel like I'm going in blind. Not sure what to expect, which is good.

Today I bought a kilo of beef, green beans, coconut milk and dessicated coconut. That's it.

Livin' the high life.

I make a great curry.

What are they thinking?

senahorse

Watching some of that Paradox stream of Pillars of Eternity, this is looking like an early contender for my goty. Pillars, The Witcher, Torment, man what an exciting year for RPGs :D

Watching some of that Paradox stream of Pillars of Eternity, this is looking like an early contender for my goty. Pillars, The Witcher, Torment, man what an exciting year for RPGs :D

Sounds great, can't wait for the rest of GAF to give the award to to Uncharted 4 with RPG of the year going to a Vita exclusive waifu simulator.

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

senahorse

Any examples of why?

It's just my kind of game. Love CRPGs and I am fascinated by the world in this one . Also, I love real time with pause battle systems, and 7 party members (in the stream, ok, 1 was a dog) can't hurt :). The story seems interesting (though I have been purposely been skipping past most of it) and all the other usual staples like the banter between the party members, loot etc.

edit: it's certainly not going to appeal to everyone, but if you like crpgs it's certainly worth checking out

Oh and finally, obsidian.

Sounds great, can't wait for the rest of GAF to give the award to to Uncharted 4 with RPG of the year going to a Vita exclusive waifu simulator.

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

That's already been decided hasn't it?

Gazunta

Kilo of Beef has replaced Pet Sounds as my favourite commute to and from work soundtrack, absolutely.

ANYWAY HERE IS A COMIC ABOUT SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER 2 TURBO OK THANKS HAVE A GOOD FRIDAY EVERYONE

hamchan

Well I doubt Persona will be available in english this year. I imagine, unless they blow the landing, that Witcher3 will be rpg of the year for most.

Persona 5 is definitely coming this year in English. They already announced it for this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom