• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomma_man

Since you guys are banging on about FKA Twigs, Future Islands, Rustie etc is anyone going to Laneway?

Yep. Timetable is a cluster fuck as always.

Should I do legal prac and live in crippling poverty or try to find a job in a godawful market and live in slightly less crippling poverty doing soul crushing work in the meantime? I hate being grown up.

Yep. Timetable is a cluster fuck as always.

Should I do legal prac and live in crippling poverty or try to find a job in a godawful market and live in slightly less crippling poverty doing soul crushing work in the meantime? I hate being grown up.

Oh man, the only way that timetable could have any more clashes would be if The Clash was playing.

bomma_man

Oh man, the only way that timetable could have any more clashes would be if The Clash was playing.

I don't understand why one day festivals pack all the acts anyone actually wants to see in the same two hour slot, unless:

1: the artists have an ego clause in their contracts
2: they want people to go to sideshows (probably the most likely, but the festivals themselves have only been organising sideshows/getting exclusive access to artists for 3 or 4 years now)

Meredith was such a fucking relief in comparison.

Shaneus

Huh, I didn't realise Stan was "Stan is owned by StreamCo, which is a joint venture of Nine Entertainment Co. and Fairfax Media". Interesting.

Not sure I like the idea of lining Ms. Rinehart.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Me too, they must be sending out a bunch.

I'm liking it so far, lot of content. Some overlap with Netflix US but it will be interesting to see what Netflix Australia offers. If it is less than this then I'll just stick to Stan and HBO Go whenever the hell that launches.

Mr. Tone

I'm liking it so far, lot of content. Some overlap with Netflix US but it will be interesting to see what Netflix Australia offers. If it is less than this then I'll just stick to Stan and HBO Go whenever the hell that launches.

I'm going to dig into it tonight, I'm hoping it's good. What limitations are there in terms of simultaneous streaming and activated devices? How's the quality?

radaxian

Hows the range of games there? Anything decent Nintendo wise? I might have to drive out to Maitland to check then out.

He has lots of old stuff but it's a bit expensive in general, particularly for the popular old SNES/64 games etc. He has nothing much for Wii or Wii U, but heaps of DS. Lots of old PS2 & XBox at $5, and pretty good prices on 360/PS3 stuff with some good specials on PS4/XBone. I went to look for some old PS2 games I was chasing and found a few.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm going to dig into it tonight, I'm hoping it's good. What limitations are there in terms of simultaneous streaming and activated devices? How's the quality?

You can have up to six devices linked to your account, with a limitation of one removal per month. Currently has support for iOS, Android, Chromecast and Airplay. Quality is surprisingly good, no real stuttering though on browser it uses Silverlight.

Fredescu

owunIvL.jpg

Fredescu

A co worker pointed out there was a hoax about them putting easter eggs in their stuffed crust, but it seems you can order a vegemite pizza right now from their website, so... you first?

HowZatOZ

Banned
I like vegemite, but really use it sparingly. And normally only have it on its own, not with cheese.

This looks like a deluge of vegemite.

Dude, try it with vegemite, cheese and olive butter. Holy shit amazing. Even better combo is with a cheese and ham roll.

jambo

I like vegemite, but really use it sparingly. And normally only have it on its own, not with cheese.

This looks like a deluge of vegemite.

The wut was more directed towards vegemite + pizza.

Vegemite + cheese is heaven.

And layer that shit on THICK!

Edit: Wait, does that mean you've never had a cheesymite scroll?!

My wife is indoctrinating our son in the ways of Vegemite consumption. While I'm happy for him to have one more way to fit in than I did growing up, I'm not sure if I can really endorse the practice.

trinest

I assume the vegitmite crust is from Pizza Hut cause their usual crazy crusts they do. But at the same time why would they do that their sauce has a wierd vegimite taste when its mixed with their ham its gross.

Dimefan3

Here's a rather pointless fact about me - Vegemite on toast makes me sneeze a lot for some reason. Must be something to do with an overload of yeast...

Kritz

Banned
well I always eat vegemite toast alongside bacon, but I found that just a small amount of vegemite on top of the bacon is super rad.

But also just in general the flavours are super complimentary.

also, I don't know what complimentary flavours are, or what flavour is.

Fredescu

Tempted the buy SMG2 for 13$. Just have no idea where to get sensor and controller cheap.
Someone on OCAU is selling an unused pack that contains a Wiimote, sensor bar, as well as Just Dance and Nintendoland for $25. Good if your in Sydney and can pick it up.

well I always eat vegemite toast alongside bacon, but I found that just a small amount of vegemite on top of the bacon is super rad.

But also just in general the flavours are super complimentary.

also, I don't know what complimentary flavours are, or what flavour is.

I feel a dlc is in the making.

My wife is indoctrinating our son in the ways of Vegemite consumption. While I'm happy for him to have one more way to fit in than I did growing up, I'm not sure if I can really endorse the practice.

You take that back, right now son :) Vaginamite on toast is legit, you just have to be raised on it is all.

Also poached eggs with bacon on crusty bread with a minimal spread of Vegemite is a good thing. Sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom