• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the NBN lottery.

I had a solid ADSL2+ connection with ~24Mbits Down. But when I switch to FTTN the best I could get was 15Mbits Down and 5Mbits Up.

Apparently not enough people in my street have switched to NBN so I'm under the coexistence period, where they artificially lower NBN speeds so that people on ADSL aren't affected.

Silver lining, at least my monthly internet bill is reduced, ping times have drastically been lowered, and I can finally upload stuff to the cloud.

Although if I knew about this I wouldn't of switched.
This is so the VDSL signal doesn't interfere with ADSL frequencies. As soon as ADSL exits they will crank it up to the full VDSL signal. The alternative is a shitty experience for those who choose not to switch from ADSL just yet.

I have FTTH so I'm not fussed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jasec might know more about what's actually going on atm.

Valve informed devs earlier in the year that it will soon begin collecting sales tax in a bunch of countries by way of taking the percentage out of the sale price rather than applying a blanket increase across the store. That was due to kick in on the AU store this month but may have been postponed until the legal tiff with the ACCC has reached its final conclusion.

Did A Spiderman Aunt May: Homecoming and Baby Driver double bill

Loved Spiderman, liked Baby Driver (it seemed to really drag in between car chases)

I'm certainly looking forward to more films in the Aunt May Cinematic Universe

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So my first ever trip and doing it on my own has now been fully booked. August 6 - Sept 12 in the USofA!

Here's hoping I don't get shot and stuff.

i'm a lot more posi on the game after the movie for no real discernable reason

Insomniac seems to have captured the feel of the movie while still letting it be its own thing which is key. Looking forward to some fun Spidey action that doesn't take itself too seriously.

N0VAM0D

first day of uni today, pray 4 me

I went like in 2013 but got caught up in a lot of life shit and didn't finish, but now I'm going back and I'm so nervous I could explode

first day of uni today, pray 4 me

I went like in 2013 but got caught up in a lot of life shit and didn't finish, but now I'm going back and I'm so nervous I could explode
Haha, uni will be the best days of your life! You'll always have an essay due, or readings (so many readings), but honestly it still doesn't get any better :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Are you posting pics and progress anywhere in particular so we can live through you?

I probably can if required. I know i'm going to ditch my social media and stuff, fuck that and those people right off.

I might upload images etc to a google photos album. Most of the places seem to have free wifi, so should be easy to upload and post here / discord.

I just jokingly said to a colleague we'd reached a milestone after we hit 1337 entries in a little DB we administer. He just stared back at me blankly.

I feel old.

I'll have a few words with Ba'al on your behalf.
Which one? You need to be more specific. Ba'al is just a Semitic word meaning "Lord".
I just jokingly said to a colleague we'd reached a milestone after we hit 1337 entries in a little DB we administer. He just stared back at me blankly.

I feel old.
To be fair, you needed to have grown up, discovered the Internet and participated in forums, message boards or chat rooms all within a very narrow timeframe to have gotten the reference. I wouldn't blame him for not getting it. 1337 is the 90s equivalent of 23 skidoo.

I feel old.

A few weeks ago someone at work discovered an easter egg in Unreal 4 whereby a command line turns all text into leetspeak. The kids there were hip.
i'm not though I R0X0R

Cerity

I feel old.

We're about to hit this number of users on our system, I wish we could joke about it like that. DB management and maintenance is driving me nuts lately.

I finally got an IPS monitor after using nothing but TN panels.
Holy shit this thing looks fantastic.

Yep, it's so jarring to go to work and use the TN panels they have. I'd setup bring my own dell ultrasharps in if I wasn't moving around so much.

Which one? You need to be more specific. Ba'al is just a Semitic word meaning "Lord".

sg1_zerohour_baali5yxb.jpg

N0VAM0D

I'll have a few words with Ba'al on your behalf.

Oh no

Haha, uni will be the best days of your life! You'll always have an essay due, or readings (so many readings), but honestly it still doesn't get any better :)

Hoping I can stay one top of it all, because I know there will be a point where I'm feeling way in over my head. Probably at lot of points, honestly. But I'm sure it'll be all worth it!

probably the evil one

Quasar

Well that bums me out.

Tried and failed to install a taggshield screen protector on my Switch. Though the one supplied not really being the same as in the video did not help.

https://youtu.be/JgUpk0YWai0

Right from the start I had issues, where the stickers you are supposed to affix to the protector simply would not stick to the protector. They were sticky, just the protector as somehow immune to its stickiness.

Then once I got it one it simply did not adhere closely enough to the screen so it looked very ugly, like my experience of an ipad v1 screen protector all those years ago. It didn't leave bubbles just that there were parts all over the screen where it wasn't completely contacting for some reason.

In the end I just pulled the thing off in disgust. It just reminded me of why I keep my phones nude.

Dunno if I should try again with a different brand or something.

Well that bums me out.

Tried and failed to install a taggshield screen protector on my Switch. Though the one supplied not really being the same as in the video did not help.

https://youtu.be/JgUpk0YWai0

Right from the start I had issues, where the stickers you are supposed to affix to the protector simply would not stick to the protector. They were sticky, just the protector as somehow immune to its stickiness.

Then once I got it one it simply did not adhere closely enough to the screen so it looked very ugly, like my experience of an ipad v1 screen protector all those years ago. It didn't leave bubbles just that there were parts all over the screen where it wasn't completely contacting for some reason.

In the end I just pulled the thing off in disgust. It just reminded me of why I keep my phones nude.

Dunno if I should try again with a different brand or something.
When I first got my Switch, I prepared the room by running my shower and making the dust stick to the walls... only to put the damn thing on crooked.

I just live with it now. No way I'm doing that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom