• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

user_nat said:
Now that the PS3 is only $299, I'm considering getting one.
You really should expecially if you don't have a blu ray player. Also great timing as Zavvi has some great Platinum titles for only $24!!!

Bernbaum said:
It's never: "Here's a fresh and interesting piece of knowledge that expands our understanding of the world we live in, let's celebrate this work on its own merits"; rather it's: "Here's something I can point to as a justification of myself and to villify others' beliefs".

Stay petty, majority of human race.
Fixed that for you.

Salazar said:
PC - Early access Aug 18th - For people that have Pre-Ordered
PC/360 - Aug 23rd (22nd if you signed up to The Honor Guard http://www.spacemarine.com/user/register)
PS3 - Aug 24th
What the hell? Isn't the point of a demo to show that the game is worth buying? Why lock the demo off only to people who already have a vested interest in buying the game? All it shows is that the publisher is too scared of the demo getting feedback from someone who isn't already planning on loving the game regardless of its quality because they have already agreed to spend $60 on it.
At least Space Marines looks to be a great game. I would love to go home tonight and play the demo. I would prefer not to wade through some bullshit to get access to it though. It is already bad enough with XBL Gold exclusive demos.

There's a chance Android could work, since it's a Snapdragon CPU that Android devices have in them. Apparently the XDA chaps are already on the ball.

Even if it didn't, all I want is something to kick back and browse the web and maybe a bit of reading and email. For $100, that's perfect.

You know what, I'm going to take a long lunch break and take my chances.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
What the hell? Isn't the point of a demo to show that the game is worth buying? Why lock the demo off only to people who already have a vested interest in buying the game? All it shows is that the publisher is too scared of the demo getting feedback from someone who isn't already planning on loving the game regardless of its quality because they have already agreed to spend $60 on it.
At least Space Marines looks to be a great game. I would love to go home tonight and play the demo. I would prefer not to wade through some bullshit to get access to it though. It is already bad enough with XBL Gold exclusive demos.

Yeah, I disagree with the staggered/limited release of the demo. It is great enough that it doesn't need some kind of response-engineering whereby the people new to the franchise or unsure about it are the last to get to play and talk about it.

The only other quibble I have with the game is the apparent lack of MP bots.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm so sore and tired, that this morning I sprayed my deodorant and missed my underarm and hit the side of my face. My beard is sweat free today.

Bernbaum

AnkhWeasel said:
I saw the OT thread and did a google search for local sales this morning and am glad to see Aussies have a chance to grab them cheap. It'd be great if this is the sort of device that gets some sort of post-market hack that lets it be used for all sorts of neat shit. The only reason I might grab one today is to use it as a fancy music interface for my living room.

VOOK said:
I'm so sore and tired, that this morning I sprayed my deodorant and missed my underarm and hit the side of my face. My beard is sweat free today.
Beards are the best.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh god. That thing would be amazing if it ran android, remote for xbmc along with using it for the lights and shit in your house if you ever go that way.

Now i'm tempted to buy one even though i may never use it.

Is harveynormans site down? lol

codswallop said:
There's a chance Android could work, since it's a Snapdragon CPU that Android devices have in them. Apparently the XDA chaps are already on the ball.

Even if it didn't, all I want is something to kick back and browse the web and maybe a bit of reading and email. For $100, that's perfect.

You know what, I'm going to take a long lunch break and take my chances.
Woot! $100 poorer but one tablet richer. Looking forward to browsing the net in bigger form on my couch.

midonnay

according to whirlpool there are 40 people waiting at the fortitude valley store in Qld?

txted my bro and he's going to try to get one for himself but after reading the reviews, its abit too limited for my uses I think..... fucking tempting though :/

Fusebox

Banned
Bernbaum said:
It's never: "Here's a fresh and interesting piece of knowledge that expands our understanding of the world we live in, let's celebrate this work on its own merits"; rather it's: "Here's something I can point to as a justification of myself and to villify others' beliefs".

I disagree, anyone who believes the earth is 6000 years old deserves to be publicly vilified.

Bernbaum

Marshmellow said:
Can anyone in Brisbane grab me a 16gb model? will give u $120
Just got back from the Brisbane CBD Harvey Norman store. There was a massive line-up of what looked to be every inner city corporate IT support dude. For something that I didn't even knew existed until yesterday, I sure as hell wasn't gonna wait in line. I am not confident there will be units in stock when I go home this afternoon.

Bernbaum said:
Just got back from the Brisbane CBD Harvey Norman store. There was a massive line-up of what looked to be every inner city corporate IT support dude. For something that I didn't even knew existed until yesterday, I sure as hell wasn't gonna wait in line. I am not confident there will be units in stock when I go home this afternoon.

Thanks Bern, glad i didn't try take extra lunch to walk down then. might walk past this arvo but i wont be hopeful.

midonnay

there are only 4800 units in all of australia

it'll be going within minutes me thinks.

edit: heh, sydney cbd stores sold out by 2.05

legend166

Since people were talking about movers, I'll use this opportunity to tell my horror story:

At the end of 2007, we moved from our old house to where we are now. Our old house was big. Three stories. So we ring up some removalists. A guy gives us a pretty low price. We were probably naive, but my mum specifically told him "are you sure this is for everything, three stories, a piano, blah blah blah" and he said yes. So we get them.

It comes moving day, and the guys rock up and are basically like "lol wat, we can probably do 6 hours for that price".

Cue us getting a van for two days and moving 80% of a three story house with a crap ton of furniture, plus all the stuff left over from my Grandma's house. We got to bed at 1am on the Saturday night, and 11pm on the Sunday night.

Never again.

Gazunta

Yeah I decided that the next time we move I'm just gonna pack a Commodore 64, my iPad and just leave everything else behind for whoever moves in next. Fuck packing and moving and unpacking shit.

midonnay

the shonky ones deliberately work slow.... I had to do half the lifting myself to compensate for their half-arsery even despite having everything near the front lobby ready to take into the truck.

midonnay said:
there are only 4800 units in all of australia

it'll be going within minutes me thinks.

edit: heh, sydney cbd stores sold out by 2.05
The joy of living in the sticks. Barely anyone in Warrnambool would even know what a tablet is. More for me! Actually the gf grabbed it for me, but still.

Shaneus

Damnit, opened this thread far too late! I chose to go to lunch at the wrong time :(

A new toy would be fun, too... no-one here got a "spare", I take it?

Shaneus

Big queue, Waikis? That's where I would've gone if I had known earlier. Also, when did you get there and do you think you'll get one?

Shaneus said:
Damnit, opened this thread far too late! I chose to go to lunch at the wrong time :(

A new toy would be fun, too... no-one here got a "spare", I take it?
One per person sorry. It looks mighty nice from the packaging. Looking forward to breaking it open tonight. Only grabbed the 16Gb, can't see myself filling it up even that much.

Shaneus

Can you see where it gets it's power from (USB etc.)? Debating whether I should put in the effort to import (if it's not too expensive to ship).

Waikis

Shaneus said:
Big queue, Waikis? That's where I would've gone if I had known earlier. Also, when did you get there and do you think you'll get one?
They were giving out tickets proportionate to the number of stocks rhe have, I didn't get one and now I'm still waiting in case someone bailed out.

Top Bottom