• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Echoplx

jambo said:
All the shit is in place, contracts have been signed, it's already being built. It can't be stopped now.

z8ooD.jpg

Jintor said:
We've got a place, it's called ozgameshop, or zavvi, or steam

forgive me for assuming a six-post newbie whose only post in here was a link to a shop was advertising

As everyone else has said, DC aren't that amazing for prices. They ARE a local indie store though. I've bought things from there and they're seriously the nicest blokes. I saw the emo-hair guy (can't remember his name) at my local shops once and struck up a convo.

They're gamers just like us etc etc. But Zavvi and shit is obviously cheaper, sans the time it takes to get to your door.

DeathJr said:
Nice speeds, though the 200GB cap is lame. I download more than that every week.

I'm with TPG, and their 20MBPS unlimited ADSL @ $59/month does the job for me.

..on what? Even with all the shit I download, even in HD.. 200gig a week is pretty fucking extreme.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
HolyCheck said:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300730_208474245875898_100001399710578_585542_5576342_n.jpg

he's finally got his revenge.

(Adelaide people who had a child hood should get this..)

I still have my Science Works video of me sitting in the fridge talking to Ernie Dingo.

EDIT: Or was it the Discovery science centre?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh awesome! I didn't know it was at other places :D lolol I'm glad some people got it and didn't just think I was making a racist coon cheese joke as one friend did :(

midonnay

^^^^^^^ I don't get it.......why is Ernie raping your peaches? o_O

jambo said:
All the shit is in place, contracts have been signed, it's already being built. It can't be stopped now.

still to be seen

the agreement with Telstra has a break fee but the network footprint won't even be close to meeting the requirement by the next election.

there is a lease agreement concerning Telstra infrastructure but presumably the Libs will try to negotiate a new deal to rollout FTTN instead.

best case scenario: there are too many complex agreements to rip up and the NBN gets delayed by up to a few years. (cost benefit analysis and related procrastination)

worst case scenario: the libs sell whats left of the NBN to Telstra and let them build it

get your buttocks ready >_<

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I'm in the mall at the moment working on getting past the ninjas while the gf was looking up honeymoon destinations. Love the game. Finally got the battle stamps in place perfectly so every battle is easy as pie. You should have bought the expansion! Only like $3.45. Will be worth it I expect, maybe it is still on sale?
It's only 400 points, I'll probably buy it tonight :D

Omikron

HolyCheck said:

he's finally got his revenge.

(Adelaide people who had a child hood should get this..)

That is most certainly a young bachelor's fridge.

midonnay said:
don't get your hopes up about the NBN....

gillard government's situation gets more facepalm as time goes by >_<

If you are talking about the whole Craig Thompson thing, I don't think he will get the boot, basically the only reason to do so would be if criminal charges were laid and he was convicted. See the whole Lib senator thing (charged with shop lifting) for detail.

elfinke

midonnay said:
don't get your hopes up about the NBN....

gillard government's situation gets more facepalm as time goes by >_<

Well, if you were put in a room with Abbott for as long and as often as Gillard, you'd probably begin to think that not only is facepalming the way of the future, but is actually an encourageable course of action for your day to day lifestyle.

I'm sure in his private quarters Turnbull does an awful lot of facepalming...

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Hopefully I remember to download it tonight. Which platform is best for the demo?

I dunno, but I think gamepad is the way to go. You barely shoot, anyway - except for a few blasts into a crowd before you wade into them, or to knock off someone shooting you from above.

Edit: remz has it right. I was just being polite.

Omikron

http://heathenscripture.wordpress.c...devine-last-bastion-against-the-gaypocalypse/

Here you get the full glory of the Joyce mind-turbine in motion. One, letting gay people get married will automatically remove that right from straight people. It’s in the small print, trust us. Two, gayness naturally corrodes secure hetero relationships. It does this by emitting an unusually high concentration of fabulon, a not-so-Noble gas. Three, a woman’s primary need in life is protection by a strong man, because God knows those Mongols have been stirring of late.

And four? The love lives of his adult children are something over which Barnaby personally has rights. They’re only women, for Christ’s sake, you can’t have them running around untethered…

Heh. :)

So, I ended up getting CoE and RDR: Undead Nightmare, not from Zavvi but from their sister site The Hut for exactly the same price, free shipping and because they kept pestering me with a 10% off voucher.

I used to have the full version of RDR but had sold it when I finished it. i liked it but not as much as everyone else, hence it got sold off.

I finally finished my replay of UC2 in preparation for UC3. That game has held up much better than any other 'recent' games of thsi gen that I've played over the last few months "ME1, Dead Space1, Hitman: Blood Money or original Uncharted.

lastly, I have now my uber-cheaply aquired Red Faction Armageddon to tide me over till DE:HR lobs later this week. That's certainly the last THQ game I'm buying for a long while.

Salazar

Not super important but I am curious, does anyone know the hows and whys of Space Marine development getting moved from THQ Brisbane to Relic?

Gazunta

I sit next to one of the original designers of THQ Brisbane's Space Marine. I've heard some stories. :)

OK, looks like this coming Wednesday night is a go.

Clipper

user_nat said:
Now that the PS3 is only $299, I'm considering getting one.

Anyone have Play TV? Worth it?
Very much so. I use a projector, so it is the perfect way for me to play and record TV. The interface is really easy to use and I love it.

Salazar

ClivePwned said:
Not super important but I am curious, does anyone know the hows and whys of Space Marine development getting moved from THQ Brisbane to Relic?

I don't know, but Raphael van Lierop (who seems like a nice dude, who has overseen what seems like a beastly awesome game) has started this company:

http://www.helm-studio.com/

And his quote on the forum:

The 'leaked' video was not from our Space Marine game. It was from a completely different game being developed by Studio Oz, that was unfortunately cancelled. This Space Marine is a completely different game -- 100% original content, different tech, different gameplay, different art direction, etc. No assets were shared.

Gazunta said:
I sit next to one of the original designers of THQ Brisbane's Space Marine. I've heard some stories. :)

Well, I haven't. hence the question ;0

Gazunta said:
original designers of THQ Brisbane's Space Marine

Honestly, I look at that guy and alls I see is his tongue stud glistening when he speaks and wince. I hate it when I burn my mouth on Pizza.

You're going to have an expensive wednesday, it seems.

Salazar said:
I don't know, but Raphael van Lierop (who seems like a nice dude, who has overseen what seems like a beastly awesome game) has started this company:

http://www.helm-studio.com/

And his quote on the forum:

ta. I'll have to grill
'd
Gazunta at some point

jambo

Man I'm addicted to TF2 again, had a blast last night. Got tonnes of kills with the new Machina sniper rifle and I got about 4-5 random drops.

I have a spare Machina if anyone wants to trade.

Omikron

jambo said:
Man I'm addicted to TF2 again, had a blast last night. Got tonnes of kills with the new Machina sniper rifle and I got about 4-5 random drops.

Should be playing TM2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jambo said:

As I said in the TF2 thread, the Machina has revived my Sniper play. I mix it up between Pyro, Scout and Sniper, but hadn't given the latter a good go for a few months.

Fully charged Machina is so meaty sounding.

jambo

EatChildren said:
Fully charged Machina is so meaty sounding.

Taking out overhealed Heavies in a single shot is fucking godly. 518 damage!

And I got a Strange Direct Hit so I've been playing Soldier a fair bit too.

And medic of course, seeing as no one on the team ever seems to want to go medic and we get raped.

elfinke

jambo said:

And medic of course, seeing as no one on the team ever seems to want to go medic and we get raped.

Medic = my main since forever, though the poor FPS I get in TF2 means I don't play it as much as I'd like. Love that guy. What server were you rocking?

EatChildren

jambo said:

I've got a Strange Scattergun and Strange Sandman. I've always used the Scattergun so that was a nice surprise, but not the Sandman.

And I'm not sure which is worse; no medic or a bad medic. I had a medic follow my pyro into the 2fort sewers to counter an engy and co in the middle of a sewer rush, and at the last minute he bailed for no reason, leaving me boned in all orifices.

I hate you medic.

jambo

elfinke said:
Medic = my main since forever, though the poor FPS I get in TF2 means I don't play it as much as I'd like. Love that guy. What server were you rocking?

I normally play on Games.On.Net servers, any of the Full Rotation ones.

Medic is my most played class, I have so much fun with it and you can really turn the tide of a battle if you have 1 or 2 good medics healing and buffing people.

EDIT: Red Orchestra 2 is looking hot!

COGOS.png

EatChildren said:
And I'm not sure which is worse; no medic or a bad medic. I had a medic follow my pyro into the 2fort sewers to counter an engy and co in the middle of a sewer rush, and at the last minute he bailed for no reason, leaving me boned in all orifices..
You see this pretty often on Battlefield games too. You get the people who are medics because they get a LMG or can heal themselves, or you get the people who will run through mortar fire so they can revive you.

markot

Banned
I tend to revive people too much when I play medic in bc2 >_< I just look on the map for the symbol and run straight for them and tend to get killed alot looking for the bodies... But I like engy the best, blowing up walls and crap never gets old.

elfinke

jambo said:
I normally play on Games.On.Net servers, any of the Full Rotation ones.

Medic is my most played class, I have so much fun with it and you can really turn the tide of a battle if you have 1 or 2 good medics healing and buffing people.

EDIT: Red Orchestra 2 is looking hot!

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/COGOS.png[/IMG]

My bodyPC is not ready.

Bernbaum

HolyCheck said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441870

Threads locked thankfully.

but I think everyone here should have a read as it's an amazing discovery!
Martin Brasier authored that paper in Nature Geoscience and is one of the dullest people on the planet.

I did my thesis on Precambrian Microbialites from WA and I couldn't think of a blander, more flavourless strand of science to get embroiled in yet another science/religion shitfight.

Evolution is fucking boring.

EDIT: Just read the thread. Every bloody time.

It's never: "Here's a fresh and interesting piece of knowledge that expands our understanding of the world we live in, let's celebrate this work on its own merits"; rather it's: "Here's something I can point to as a justification of myself and to villify others' beliefs".

Stay petty, NeoGAF.

jambo

markot said:
I tend to revive people too much when I play medic in bc2 >_< I just look on the map for the symbol and run straight for them and tend to get killed alot looking for the bodies... But I like engy the best, blowing up walls and crap never gets old.

Engie is definitely the most fun in BC2. I love when some guy is sniping you from a building. You spray your G3 a bit, then punch a hole in the building with a rocket. Can't wait for BF3!

jambo said:
Engie is definitely the most fun in BC2. I love when some guy is sniping you from a building. You spray your G3 a bit, then punch a hole in the building with a rocket. Can't wait for BF3!
Engineer with an ammo pack, spamming rockets is such great fun.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This is totally me isn't it? I like it! http://imgur.com/rNQC1.png

TF2 is awesome and i do wish i had the new DX3 weapons. I'm pissed I didn't get them with my GMG pre-order, talk about bullshit!

The sad thing is TF2 is my go to weekend game even when I should be playing other things. DX3 should take that crown this weekend but who the fuck knows, I might just play TF2 for another 10 hours.

jambo

Anyone know any good removalist companies? I just did an online quote for Grace Removalists, might try Complete Removalists.

Top Bottom