• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus said:
Can you see where it gets it's power from (USB etc.)? Debating whether I should put in the effort to import (if it's not too expensive to ship).
Has a USB cord as well as a power cord so I assume it can charge both ways. Might be worth calling up the Harvey Normans in Geelong and seeing if they have any stock left.

Shaneus

jambo said:
So damn tempted to go down to Harvey's in City Cross and grab a HP tablet!
Grab one for meeee...

Or not. It's just been a while since I've hunted down a bargain. Kind of miss the thrill of the chase, TBH.

Edit: Cheers RS. Though I doubt finding a place in the US to ship will be equally as hard as finding a HN here that has it in stock (that I or someone else can get to).

legend166

Everyone needs to buy Jamestown. It's on sale on Steam for $5. It's an amazing top down shooter.

bluemoon and I need more people to have score battles with.

Fogz

Got the missus scoping out the Harvey Norman down the road for me while I'm stuck at work.

I hope being out in the middle of nowhere works to my advantage this time :p

Fredescu

Isn't a top down shooter different from a shmup? I'm thinking the main difference is you can choose where you go in a top down shooter, like Alien Swarm. A shmup is forced scrolling (or maybe some don't?). Genre debates are boring to read, I know.

Aon

Lol Donk, I I just saw the stores entrance but the stream of IT guys despairing at the out of stock sign was priceless ;D

Omikron

smbb.png

Where do I get one.

TEll me.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
It's no wonder this thing (TouchPad) failed to take off.. it is a little bit crappy.

Worth it though.

user_nat said:
It's no wonder this thing (TouchPad) failed to take off.. it is a little bit crappy.

Worth it though.

You make me feel better about not getting one :D

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I'm going to start exercising again tonight. First time in two months. I need some motivation.

Yea man, one of my house mates and myself just invested a whole lot of money into a gym set for home. Just waiting on the delivery of the bench and some extras and we are going to start hitting it up nightly. We are making sure we harass each other about going out and using it. Also i'm starting to eat better again. I am planning to not let myself play games till i have done 30 mins of exercise. (heading over to Fitness-GAF tonight)

Bernbaum

Omi said:
This image cracks me up.

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/08/21/2572147/gordon-crawford_wide-420x0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Let the People vote - as opposed to what? Our housepets?

[QUOTE=Marshmellow]Yea man, one of my house mates and myself just invested a whole lot of money into a gym set for home. Just waiting on the delivery of the bench and some extras and we are going to start hitting it up nightly. We are making sure we harass each other about going out and using it. Also i'm starting to eat better again. I am planning to not let myself play games till i have done 30 mins of exercise. (heading over to Fitness-GAF tonight)[/QUOTE]
Having a mate to train with certainly helps with motivation and commitment. It's worth mentioning that if you're looking to lose weight then it's pretty much all about diet and exercise will only contribute so much. What gear are you getting?

Marshmellow said:
Yea man, one of my house mates and myself just invested a whole lot of money into a gym set for home. Just waiting on the delivery of the bench and some extras and we are going to start hitting it up nightly. We are making sure we harass each other about going out and using it. Also i'm starting to eat better again. I am planning to not let myself play games till i have done 30 mins of exercise. (heading over to Fitness-GAF tonight)
I just don't want to get to be one of those fat thirty-something blokes who looks at pictures of himself in his 20s and wonders where it all went wrong.

I'll tell you where it started to go wrong: when you ate that Cadbury Crunchie bar today.

Yagharek

Omikron

Bernbaum said:
Let the People vote - as opposed to what? Our housepets?

Probably more. 'Let the people vote for the political part I want to see in power and run the country the way I would like it'

Fredescu

RandomVince said:
Slightly on topic, what's with these clowns going on about a new election? Do they think the last one didnt count because their team didnt win outright?

Fact is, ~50% of the country is always going to be upset/mildly displeased at whomever is in gov't, so suck it up and wait 2 years.
Make hay while the sun shines and all that:

tpplargeayg11.png

Yagharek

Well you cant have weekly elections.

Didnt labor have 51% of the vote in 2001 and still lost? I dont recall this level of vitriol back then (of course it was pointed out for sure, but there were no rallies to change the electoral system as might have been the expected protest demand).

You grin and bear it. Most gov'ts will annoy half the country or more at some stage.

But no matter how bad it is at least we know we only have a few years of any given one. Day to day, they hardly impact our lives. People should be more concerned with local councils ffs.

TouchPad is alright for web browsing and email. It doesn't play FLAC files at all, and I've put some AVI and MKV videos on it but can't figure out if they'll play or not.

The calendar doesn't seem to take into account timezone despite me choosing Australia, so that's stupid.

legend166

People that continually whinge about the result of an election really, really annoy me.

Unless the government is doing something illegal, just shut up* and vote them out next time. That's why we have elections every three years! This goes for all sides everywhere.

*I mean, shut up about calling an election or whatever. You can still whinge if the government sucks.

Although, it does suck that the creep Craig Thompson will get to keep his job simply because the government doesn't want to risk a by-election destroying them. That guy is an absolute slime ball.

elfinke

The WP thread makes it look like they're all gone, for anyone interested they have a running list of stores 'confirmed' out too:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1637857&p=71

Thread grows with successive F5's!

Bernbaum said:
Having a mate to train with certainly helps with motivation and commitment. It's worth mentioning that if you're looking to lose weight then it's pretty much all about diet and exercise will only contribute so much. What gear are you getting?

Mate got a swiss ball, we have bench weights. free hand weights as well. Will be getting more weights soon when we get into it. I try and keep up some cardio but all cardio "excercise" bores me to tears so i usually get it by kicking ball/frizbee etc. our house backs onto an oval after all.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
Make hay while the sun shines and all that:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollytics/files/2011/08/tpplargeayg11.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
That graph totally looks like a sideways vagina.

[QUOTE=Marshmellow]Mate got a swiss ball, we have bench weights. free hand weights as well. Will be getting more weights soon when we get into it. I try and keep up some cardio but all cardio "excercise" bores me to tears so i usually get it by kicking ball/frizbee etc. our house backs onto an oval after all.[/QUOTE]
Good choice. I could do pretty much every thing I wanted to with free weights, a swiss ball and a bosu ball. Machines are great and all but not exactly necessary. Cardio is great if you like listening to speed metal.

The partisan whinging wouldn't annoy me nearly so much if the leader of the opposition weren't an irrational buffoon. Malcolm Turnbull wherefore art thou?

Luckily, Aussie politics aren't as poisonous as US politics.

Fredescu

RandomVince said:
Well you cant have weekly elections.

Didnt labor have 51% of the vote in 2001 and still lost? I dont recall this level of vitriol back then (of course it was pointed out for sure, but there were no rallies to change the electoral system as might have been the expected protest demand).
I'm not saying there should be, I'm explaining why the organisers are rallying the troops. Or trying and failing. These protests aren't grass roots movements, as the abysmal turn out for this shitty convoy should tell you.

legend166 said:
Unless the government is doing something illegal, just shut up* and vote them out next time. That's why we have elections every three years! This goes for all sides everywhere.
Sure, except for NSW 2007.

elfinke

viciouskillersquirrel said:
The partisan whinging wouldn't annoy me nearly so much if the leader of the opposition weren't an irrational buffoon. Malcolm Turnbull wherefore art thou?

And that's one of his more redeeming attributes!

Yagharek

Theyre becoming very poisonous over the last 3 years though , mr squirrel.

I think that its dangerous for either side to have a clear majority at all. I think negotiation and compromise should be a good thing and seen as such in politics (except when its the fred nile types).

If it should come to pass that labor lost the balance of power now (with no new election) at least we would still have a close lower house and an opposing (hopefully not hostile) senate.

Negotiation should be mandatory.

Top Bottom