• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler responds to an email he received re:Wonder Woman screenings

Malyse

I hope every man will boycott Austin and do what he can to diminish Austin and to cause damage to the city’s image. The theater that pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s decision. The notion of a woman hero is a fine example of women’s eagerness to accept the appearance of achievement without actual achievement. Women learn from an early age to value make-up, that it’s OK to pretend that you are greater than you actually are. Women pretend they do not know that only men serve in combat because they are content to have an easier ride. Women gladly accept gold medals at the Olympics for coming in 10th and competing only against the second class of athletes. Name something invented by a woman! Achievements by the second rate gender pale in comparison to virtually everything great in human history was accomplished by men, not women. If Austin does not host a men only counter event, I will never visit Austin and will welcome it’s deteriorati on. And I will not forget that Austin is best known for Charles Whitman. Does Austin stand for gender equality or for kissing up to women? Don’t bother to respond. I already know the answer. I do not hate women. I hate their rampant hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of the “women’s movement.” Women do not want gender equality; they want more for women. Don’t bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

Richard A. Ameduri
Dear Mr. Ameduri,

I am writing to alert you that your email account has been hacked by an unfortunate and unusually hostile individual. Please remedy your account’s security right away, lest this person’s uninformed and sexist rantings give you a bad name. After all, we men have to look out for each other!

Can you imagine if someone thought that you didn’t know women could serve in our combat units now without exclusion? What if someone thought you didn’t know that women invented medical syringes, life rafts, fire escapes, central and solar heating, a war-time communications system for radio-controlling torpedoes that laid the technological foundations for everything from Wi-Fi to GPS, and beer? And I hesitate to imagine how embarrassed you’d be if someone thought you were upset that a private business was realizing a business opportunity by reserving one screening this weekend for women to see a superhero movie.

You and I are serious men of substance with little time for the delicate sensitivities displayed by the pitiful creature who maligned your good name and sterling character by writing that abysmal email. I trust the news that your email account has been hacked does not cause you undue alarm and wish you well in securing your account. And in the future, should your travels take you to Austin, please know that everyone is welcome here, even people like those who wrote that email whose views are an embarrassment to modernity, decency, and common sense.

Yours sincerely,

Steve Adler
http://www.mayoradler.com/letter-wonder-woman/

giphy.gif

Good lord are people salty over Alamo.

Get over it ya, Jesus.

Dollars to dimes these are the same people posting #KeepAustinWeird on social media too.

ElRenoRaven

God that guy was a dumb fucking ass. Sexist as fuck too by reading that shit he called a letter. Good on the mayor for politely telling him to fuck off in style.

Hell, that letter isn't even "Isn't a woman-only screening sexist?"

It's a straight up sexism-fueled rant.

Almost amazing.

Posting this because someone's sure to come in and say "But isn't it sexism doe?" without reading the original letter

how small is your life that you get mad at something like this and get made at an entire city?

Very small. And very blessed at the same time such that a woman's only screening of one movie makes you feel oppressed enough to get political. No doubt they also think women should shut up about abortions or the wage gap because those "aren't important problems"

rjinaz

That poor fucking soul to have that much hate inside him. All those lies he tells himself and never mind the context, like why it is that historically women have been less successful than men (because we treated them like house servants and baby makers with little to no rights less than 100 years ago).

DJMicLuv

He's come a long way from those heady days in Guns 'n' Roses.

This whole Wonder Woman Alamo furore is tosh and bunkum. I, thankfully, just don't get the problem.

The height of privilege, really, writing a scathing email to a sitting Mayor of a major US metro area about a womens only screening at a niche, higher end restaurant/movie theater.

The theater that pandered to the sexism typical of women will, I hope, regret it’s decision

Accuses women of sexism by using sexism. This is an impressively hypocritical sentence lol. He has no self-awareness at all.

Accuses women of sexism by using sexism. This is an impressively hypocritical sentence lol. He has no self-awareness at all.

Bigots in general can only believe their own bullshit because all of them are all self-obsessed without a shred of actually being self-aware.

Like what wss this supposed to do? Almo's not government owned

What did he expect the mayor to do

Shut down the theater or arrest the owner for a "hate crime" I'm guessing. Maybe in his wet dreams he also thinks the mayor should publicize the names of the attending women or something. These people rarely have rational solutions to their irrational issues. The just want to be frustrated and see someone, anyone punished for slighting them

The Adder

Banned
He shares a last name with the woman who beat Sherlock Holmes clean. I'd be disappointed if his response was anything less than stellar.

Like what wss this supposed to do? Almo's not government owned

What did he expect the mayor to do

Someone angry enough about this and stupid enough to email a mayor about it certainly doesn't have the mental capacity to consider shit like "legality" or "wait this is fucking stupid".

how small is your life that you get mad at something like this and get made at an entire city?

I'm going to give people like this the benefit of the doubt by saying that it's likely some form of mental instability because I don't think anyone could actually be that stupid.

Or maybe they're just that stupid. We did just elect Donald Trump after all.

kevin1025

Banned
It's a typical coward message, especially with the "don't respond" twice at the end there. Good on the Austin mayor.

If this is the sort of thing that upsets him, wait till life actually comes calling.

wildfire

Banned
Fantastic and witty response

Considering the time lag I feel he had his speech writing team look over his draft.

Either way this was a surreal email exchange. It's rare I'm left questioning reality but this guy's sentiments are so out of bounds I can't imagine how he thinks while interacting with anyone on a daily basis.

This is really depraved.

Top Bottom