• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler responds to an email he received re:Wonder Woman screenings

Pizza

God I love Austin. Most winning city in in Texas.

Between this and Austin trying to join the Paris accords over our president's head in a fucking proud austinite these days

If our session would've had a couple more weeks the cities may have pulled legal weed for the state

8Z0uDlt.gif

mr stroke

I am trying to find time to eat, who the fuck has time to write a letter about a women's screening of a movie. Do people not have anything better to do with their time ?

tumblr_m8nw1tX2gw1qisalko1_500.gif

Some people's pettiness knows no bonds. To be this affected by a rather innocuous screening for Wonder Woman is just ridiculous and just begs for this idiot to have an ounce of self-reflection.

Good on Austin's mayor to sort the fool out.

I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

L.O.fucking. L

Dice//

Banned
ma6wYCp.gif

definitely sexist clownshoe said:
Don't bother to respond because I am sure your cowardice will generate nothing worth reading.

I don't get what you're supposed to do with comments like this.... Literally eliminating any call to action due to...perhaps an ironic lack of confidence in what they're saying maybe?? It sets him up to always be right even in the face of getting a response (i.e.; being wrong).

hao chi

I read the mayor's response first and enjoyed seeing what I presumed to be an ignorant dumbass getting rekt. After having gone back and read the dumbasses's letter, I clearly gravely overestimated him. That was straight up awful and he should feel bad, but I doubt he has the ability to reflect on his views and actions to better himself.

ChrisD

This makes me wish I lived in Austin instead of DFW. What a mayor.

"I don't hate women" has never looked worse than in that email.

Jag

Attacking women was probably a mistake considering this is the Mayor's background.

Adler spent most of the 1980s, his early legal career, doing civil rights employment discrimination cases. This work included representing women as well as Hispanic, African American and other minority workers in federal court, before the Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission and on matters filed with the Austin Human Rights Commission. He represented clients seeking equal treatment and opportunity in the workplace, redress from sexual harassment and denial of equal pay for equal work.

Top Bottom