• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towanoquon 1

Hey. That was very solid. As others said, it definitely felt like X-Men Marvel's Inhumans™

The soundtrack was great. At one point I thought one of the tracks was going to be reminiscent of a somber electric keyboard Twin Peaks track, but it picked up. The protagonist isn't anything original with his superhero persona, but I can't blame them for it. and I giggled at the reveal that he's a
1000 year old (dragon)

Also that ending song.

FEAR ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK EMOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIION

DAB DAB DABERE OCEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

FEAR ROCK EMOTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

I'll forgive your liking of Chuunibyou, aka "we wrote it in the plot why the relationship won't ever go anywhere", if the bolded was a sick reference to The Other Guys

Sometimes you just need an anime that doesn't go anywhere to waste away the time. It's the journey, man.

It was also a sick reference.

I'll drink to that!!!
kcehIrZ.gif

Really though, I haven't heard or seen a word, but there was not much critical acclaim for the anime, so I it may not happen...

what are the chances of a Himouto Umaru-chan Season 2?

Pretty high, probably. The critical acclaim isn't really necessary when you have the largest (or near) non-established series merch sales. The manga is also still really popular and the author has started a spin off series.

phaze

Star Wars

Leave it to Abrams to make something edible out of a shite of a franchise.

I hope he'll jump on Yamato next.

But why does the Resistance still calls itself Resistance ? Why is the Republic, with the resources of an entire galaxy behind it, fucking incompetent ? Why do Sith lords apparently grow on trees ? Why're all Skywalkers such drama queens ?

Towa no Quon 01
I feel like I've finally reached the point of over saturation with Kamiya Hiroshi. Or maybe the thing that grated me was his Kiyoshil voice doing his best Shirou impression and pratting on about saving everyone.

It was an okay opening but one that I feel brought itself down a bit by retreading the stuff from the opening sequence and having Yuuma being rescued again. I guess that served to pipoin main protagonists overwhelming desire to save everyone, no matter the cost, so at least it served some purpose. None of the characters grabbed me yet and the design for Quon's transformation is not my cup off tea but the latter is nothing major and for the former I'll give it time. The show at least fulfills the Duckroll hype promise of having some great animation, the opening sequence in particular, so wherever this'll go from here( and Duckroll's comments make me think that south is the only path open to it ) at least it should be pretty.

Towanoquon 1

Also that ending song.

FEAR ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK EMOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIION

DAB DAB DABERE OCEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

FEAR ROCK EMOTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE

Oh yeah, that was ... quite something alright.

Rotnems

Neo Member
I watched up to 140 episodes of Gintama and i still can't remember a single name of a character that isn't a main cast member.

Also ep 1 till 24 are shit. And good episodes start to appear regularly after the 4 devas arc wich is around the 70 episode mark.

Clov

Speaking of which, I didn't know that funi was getting Erased too.

Probably the only anime where I wanna see how they dub it :p

Given that Aniplex has Erased (along with the new Durarara season, which they're also streaming through Funi) I wouldn't count on Funimation dubbing it. Aniplex might dub it for its home video release if it does well enough.

Speaking of Aniplex, I better get some Mushishi news soon. I'm getting a bit impatient.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't find the first 24 episodes of Gintama to be terrible.

Yes they may not be as good as the episodes to come down the round, but I'd be lying to myself if I didn't thoroughly enjoy them.

Rotnems

Neo Member
I guess I'm the only one who didn't find the first 24 episodes of Gintama to be terrible.

Yes they may not be as good as the episodes to come down the round, but I'd be lying to myself if I didn't thoroughly enjoy them.

My biggest problem with the earlier episodes is the focus on the whole Amanto invaded Edo aspect of the show wich whent nowhere. Also most of the humor comes from wordplay/reference humor that are difficult to understand for non- Japanese watchers.

Ascheroth

Nah, you aren't alone. I wouldn't say I liked them a lot compared to the rest of Gintama, but I found them pretty enjoyable for the most part.

School Days Ep 1-8

So far it feels like they just took the manga (A 2 volume manga...) and tried to stretch it into 12 Episodes. All the events that were only bearable in the actual since they passed by quickly are now at a slow, painfully awkward pace that really doesn't allow the viewer to think anything but, "Man, this guy is a huge prick". A lot of the characters besides the main love triangle just exist to provide cuts to other things. I'm not even sure how half of the arbitrary cuts to the side characters can be explained at this point. I knew what I was getting into though. xD

Sound track is on point though.

Note: I say manga and not VN because I'm assuming there are other routes in the VN but the anime/manga follow the exact same one.

You know, School Days is infamous here. I occasionally run into people who don't watch anime, but know how terrible School Days is.

I wonder if it's still remembered in Japan.

You know, School Days is infamous here. I occasionally run into people who don't watch anime, but know how terrible School Days is.

I wonder if it's still remember in Japan.

Yeah, I'm pretty new to anime compared to most other people on here. Up until I joined the college newspaper and started writing film reviews I had always made the assumption it wasn't really worth my time. Then Wolf Children slipped onto my radar and I ended up putting it in my top ten films of 2013, wrote a short review on it, and did one of my finals on the use of cinematography within animation. Ultimately though, despite having time to watch a lot of shows since I essentially get paid to do it, I haven't gotten to see many terrible examples of anime.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it's nice to sit back and watch something this awful.

You know I see so many shows with immortals and they justifiably say that it's a curse, but I don't think I've ever watched a single one where they actually show you the pain of seeing loved ones grow and die before their eyes. They always tell you.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 12

Well it took a while but there is finally a notable death in IBO
Poor Akihiro. Wonder how this will affect the battle

You know I see so many shows with immortals and they justifiably say that it's a curse, but I don't think I've ever watched a single one where they actually show you the pain of seeing loved ones grow and die before their eyes. They always tell you.

If things continue the way they are, we'll get to see all 500 years of Araragi's life. Nisiosin shows no intent to ever stop writing new Monogatari novels.

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 12

Well it took a while but there is finally a notable death in IBO
Poor Akihiro. Wonder how this will affect the battle

I had the slickest joke ready for this moment until I realized you haven't seen Ep. 13 yet.

Mailbox

Does anyone have time/ability to help me with a big banner for the Erased OT?

I won't mind helping (I promise it will be better this time T_T).

Give me the dimensions and when you need it by and i'll PM you when I'm done :)

Yes I'm still ashamed, but I'd like to redeem myself

I am shocked that
Biscuit
hasn't died yet in Iron Blooded Orphans.

Also, watching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime has reminded me that attractive people frequently develop time powers where they can slow down time to look extra pretty.

They also seem to sparkle more during said temporal manipulations.

Qurupeke

I guess this is usually a bit hard to implement as it will mostly be timeskip after timeskip. I can think a lot of animes that discuss the prospect you mention, but not one that actually shows it.

I won't mind helping (I promise it will be better this time T_T).

Give me the dimensions and when you need it by and i'll PM you when I'm done :)

Yes I'm still ashamed, but I'd like to redeem myself

I need more artwork of the real GAF-chan, I love the original picture.

ibyea

Banned
Japan/anime industry question:

Is there a particular reason there are so many english words used in anime? Do they actually use these words on a normal basis in japanese or is it a situation they expect people to know a certain degree of english?

I imagine it's like Korean actually. Korean uses a lot of english loan vocabs.

Towanoquon 3

I mean by far the strongest episode in terms of presentation, but the show has been floundering in mediocrity. I mean nothing amazing, nothing bad, just enough to keep watching it, and they seem to love to finish episodes awkwardly with barely a resolution. How I can FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL ROCK EMOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIION FEEL ROCK EMOTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIION like this? I'll keep watching though so there's that.

The Big O 08

What a fucking weird episode. I expected a Dorothy focused episode with her bonding with the cat but instead the cat turns into an Evangelion without armor on. That's something.

Ah, I see. We diverge from the manga plot in Episode 9 where out of nowhere we find out everyone in the entire school wants a piece of Itou. :l Have to fit the VN routes in somewhere, I suppose.

Japan/anime industry question:

Is there a particular reason there are so many english words used in anime? Do they actually use these words on a normal basis in japanese or is it a situation they expect people to know a certain degree of english?

What was really weird to me was relearning a bunch of Portugese words while I was learning Japanese. The English loan words weren't too surprising, but the Portugese surprised me a bit until I started thinking about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm honestly drawing a blank. Someone give me an OT title (since none of you chose any of the suggestions apart from Narag's anti vote) so I can just post this damn thread otherwise I'll have to sleep on it.

Surely you don't something as lame as |OT| The Winter of Some Content.

I'm honestly drawing a blank. Someone give me an OT title (since none of you chose any of the suggestions apart from Narag's anti vote) so I can just post this damn thread otherwise I'll have to sleep on it.

Winter Anime 2016 IOTI Now with less jokes for NeoGAF

We're supposed to watch one episode of Towa no Quon a day... -_-

I didn't realize it was a thing lol. I just saw people posting about it. In 2 deep, must finish.

wonzo

Banned

|ot| candy crush shidare

|OT| We're supposed to watch one episode a day

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Throwing a lot of effects on screen does not equates to having personality.

At least not an attractive personality, unless you're the type of person who likes Michael Bay movies.
beyond the fx stuff. the style of the character, the linework, everything is different in some of those cuts.

"a group of people with special abilities"

Ascheroth

beyond the fx stuff. the style of the character, the linework, everything is different in some of those cuts.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that Asterisk looks pretty bland most of time (I like the purplish color scheme tough), but choosing the visually most unique scene of the entire show to demonstrate that is an... interesting choice.

Don't have a title at all. Whenever anyone asks why say it was Erased.

It's hard for me to be too mad at Itou in School Days when every girls (besides Katsura) plan to get into his pants is to hook him up with someone else and then confess to him later. I mean, he's obviously a sack of shit, but what were they thinking? It somehow seems to have worked which is even more boggling.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"a group of people with special abilities"

You should do this and then insert that line into every applicable show blurb just to make it obvious how creatively bankrupt winter is.

Since we're more eager for Spring...

|OT| Winter showers bring Spring flowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom