• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT2| It'll at least last longer than Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 13

You know for a funeral episode it had a few funny moments, intentional or otherwise.
I bursted out laughing when Mikazuki kissed Kudelia. Mikazuki has more balls than most Gundam protag's that's for sure.

Triggering of the funny bone aside, this was actually a really good episode. Characterization continues to be solid and it had good, poignant scenes.

Cornbread78

I won't mind helping (I promise it will be better this time T_T).

Give me the dimensions and when you need it by and i'll PM you when I'm done :)

Yes I'm still ashamed, but I'd like to redeem myself

And done, thank you! You can always remake that other banner, lol.

I'm honestly drawing a blank. Someone give me an OT title (since none of you chose any of the suggestions apart from Narag's anti vote) so I can just post this damn thread otherwise I'll have to sleep on it.

Surely you don't something as lame as |OT| The Winter of Some Content.

Winter |OT| Starting off the new year right

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 13

You know for a funeral episode it had a few funny moments, intentional or otherwise.
I bursted out laughing when Mikazuki kissed Kudelia. Mikazuki has more balls than most Gundam protag's that's for sure.

Triggering of the funny bone aside, this was actually a really good episode. Characterization continues to be solid and it had good, poignant scenes.

The biggest death in the series is Atra's chance at getting with Mikazuki.

Christ, School Day's somehow gets worse and worse with each episode. Like, Makoto was never actively a scumbag - he didn't quite now how to break things off with Katsura and that's a reasonable issue - until Ep 10. He's just like,
"Fuck it, all this used to bother me, but I guess I might as well sleep with everyone and then feel bad about it later." I love how the girl at the beginning of Ep 11 is just like, "It's strange how I ended up sleeping with you too." It's like the writers knew how dumb the whole thing was and wanted to let people know. xD

Edit: "What should we do?" "We probably shouldn't see him for a while." A while. He's now a dad and you probably shouldn't see him... for a while. This has to be one of the greatest lines in anything I've ever seen.

Edit edit: The masked characters from the play show up again. I mean, that's cool. All of this exposition was done before in a different manner, but we can use these guys at the end to give it a more ominous feel or something.

Towanoquon 4

Ahahahahaha that ending. I felt the transition of
the cyborg from enemy to friend
was done a bit too fast and awkwardly even by anime standards, but I guess with the limited amount of episodes they didn't have much of an option. Pretty effects on the battle but I didn't see anything on here that made me FEEL ROCK EMOTION in the animation side.

I'm honestly drawing a blank. Someone give me an OT title (since none of you chose any of the suggestions apart from Narag's anti vote) so I can just post this damn thread otherwise I'll have to sleep on it.

lOTl New Year, New Seasons, Old shows.

Not an Anime but I saw some of you folks mentioning it here before. I just gave that Jessica Jones show a shot. It's pretty good. Not Daredevil good. At least not at the moment, I have only watched 1 episode. Marvel is putting out some cool stuff, not gonna lie!

Not an Anime but I saw some of you folks mentioning it here before. I just gave that Jessica Jones show a shot. It's pretty good. Not Daredevil good. At least not at the moment, I have only watched 1 episode. Marvel is putting out some cool stuff, not gonna lie!

It's the back half of the show where it falls apart. The beginning is pretty good.

Miki and Mika are so much better than any other idol.

20627331359_29edfec01d.jpg

Best idol.

Mailbox

Despite my previous posts actually having a few good ones, heres some:

|OT| Going back in time to save Anime!
|OT| Pre-Spring Anime 2016
|OT| Sorry folks, AoT isn't this season...
|OT| More volleyball, technobabble and death.
|OT| A fresh new thread for a fresh new year.
|OT| We look up to see snow and shitty anime.
|OT| Can we go back in time to prevent our ban?

School Days even tries to ruin the ending of itself by slowly zooming in on Sekai in the kitchen for 20 seconds so it could re-incorporate that later.

It's amazing how poorly done a show can be. I suppose it was just trying to appeal to every fan of the VN, but it just kind of choked to death. Only thing I can almost give props to is the soundtrack, but it's mixed so poorly in some spots that I can't give it any real praise.

Quality 3/10. I wish I could say I enjoyed watching it despite itself. One of the worse things I've seen since Ninja Resurrection or Gundress, but not quite as bad.

Edit: 2/10 probably. The ending isn't even that great since with 2/3 of the main characters are no longer in the story there really isn't much of any kind of relationships to go of off. The mediocre relationships being the only thing for any sane person to be invested in makes the ending lack meaning or impact - much like the rest of the entire series. You can't even feel vindicated because A. Itou ends up at least trying to fix things in some way while showing a little bit of humanity (which appears to be a lot since he hasn't been a real character for the last 8 episodes) and B. You never know whether or not Sekai was lying with any certainty. So... it just ends up not mattering. I can't even be upset at how bad the ending was because that would mean I have to care in the first place.

The Big O 09

Roger Smith is now refusing to shoot people with guns and disappearing mid conversation, his car is bullshit and can do anything and his adversaries are using giant magnets on Dorothy.

Sounds familiar.

Every idolmaster concert I wonder how many A1 employees were sacrificed to draw it.

It would be an honor to sacrifice your life force for Idols.

Towanoquon 5

This twist and 'final arc' as gone full BONES original ending. And I don't mean that in a positive way. Feeling less rock emotion by the minute. Chances are this is original work to begin with I don't know. One more episode and I'm done.

Sölf

I continued to watch Durarara!! x2 Ten today. Man, why did I even stop? This show is so great. Only 6 more episodes though, but the third (and final?) part of S2 airs next season anyways.

Sölf;191252538 said:
I continued to watch Durarara!! x2 Ten today. Man, why did I even stop? This show is so great. Only 6 more episodes though, but the third (and final?) part of S2 airs next season anyways.

Over time, more and more people are appreciating the work that is Durarara. Are you watching the dub by any chance?

cj_iwakura

Sölf;191252538 said:

Sad the OT is so barren, it's a great show.

The dub isn't bad at all, but it's largely populated by the usual suspects. Patrick Seitz is Simon, of course.

Towanoquon 6: END

9M3xgMp.gif
9M3xgMp.gif

Like the phoenix rising from the ashes, all those amazing BONES action scenes redeem the show's faults, particularly that last episode.

BONES. BONES. BONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I FEEL ROCK EMOTION AGAIN.

That aside, it was a solid X-Men anime. I'd give it... hmmm a 6.5/10? Yeah that's fair. Passing and worth a watch but I don't know if I'd recommend it. None of the characters ever made me feel anything because they got little to no characterization or screen time, Quon was boring as a protagonist. I'll leave the more thorough analysis to those of you with the ability to analyze, but as a viewer I was entertained not impressed. That final boss and twist reveal was too convenient for the sake of a hard challenge and probably what really hurt it for me as a whole.

The issue with the awkward endings persisted until the last episode which is unacceptable. This one being the last episode it particularly stung because jesus you would have liked a bit more resolution or a glimpse of things, but nope.

edit: researched if the open ending would lead to more, but don't see anything so lol. Even more unsatisfied. Maybe they should have added an extra minute with that "you make me want to shout" song and put subtitles as to where everyone is now.

Show by Rock 10

This had some neat psychological horror direction. That scene with Chuchu in the elevator, with her confronting her Shadow self Persona 4 style, was really well done. It's relevant to bring up that this episode was storyboarded by Takeshi Mori, director of Skull Man and Towa no Quon. The material here was a good fit for him.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Winter 2016 Anime |OT| 100% Fewer OP Jokes, 1000% More Battle Harems

duckroll

Show by Rock 10

This had some neat psychological horror direction. That scene with Chuchu in the elevator, with her confronting her Shadow self Persona 4 style, was really well done. It's relevant to bring up that this episode was storyboarded by Takeshi Mori, director of Skull Man and Towa no Quon. The material here was a good fit for him.

The real psychological horror is when you realize that the guy directing stuff like this has another side to him where he also directs stuff like Vandread and Stratos 4. Lol.

Russ T

Banned
Osomatsu-san 13

What in the goddamn hell what. When I saw people talking about how weird the first skit is, this is not what I was expecting. The fuck.

Second skit was all right, but the third one had me in stitches. SO MANY GOOD FACES. Osomatsu-san is good at faces. That was really funny.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Iron-blooded Orphans, Hot-blooded Candy, Cold-blooded Ajin. I really struggled making this title coherent and short enough to fit.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Kiss-Mana TUSRola-Orion Shit-under-Post

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Phantasy Star Online 2, Finally out in the West

Russ T

Banned
Is Ajin going to be good? I've been reading the manga on CR, but ti updates very slowly so I usually forget everything that's happening before the next chapter comes out...

It's interesting to me because of the main character's desire for survival and utter lack of empathy, but I'm not sure I've ever felt that actually come to fruition in any meaningful manner in the manga (barring one specific sequence of events). But, like I said, it updates so infrequently I can barely even tell what's happening anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom