• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I enjoyed your let's watches tho.

Thanks. We'll probably do another one in a few weeks/months as soon as we find a show that works for several peeps and streams legally. Was thinking sonething fun like Devil is a part timer or something similiar. That or an action/adventure anime.

Those are both good shows, especially Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru.

Will there ever be a second season?

funimation just announced their dubs
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/01/03/official-winter-2017-simuldub-lineup/

Saga of Tanya the Evil also makes me happy as if it is any good that means it will get a dvd release.

rest are

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Masamune-kun's Revenge
Hand Shakers
Tales of Zestiria the X

Pretty good list. Will check out Tanya, Masamune and Akiba from Funimation. I should try out their dub of Nanbaka too.

Thats all for funi? So light.

It does say to stay tuned, so they might add more. It is pretty light compared to last season. Maybe it will be easier for them to manage this number of simuldubs.

Twist!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/816421618784358400

FuniAkiba.png
That's impressive. Guess they weren't kidding when they said it might only take minutes for some titles.

Narag

Where's the new thread? I can't watch and enjoy the most important show of the winter season only to have to post about it in the autumn thread.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm out of shinobi girl and samurai master.

I liked the akibas trip the video game so I'll watch this. It's gonna be straight trash though. But people here liked Hundred so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I've somewhat been enjoying Masamune revenge. It's not too bad, main girl needs more development. At least from the 20+ chapters I've read.

I have to wonder about the quality of pipeline anime dubs.

I know when they first started doing Simulcast dubs there were complaints of miscasts, especially with Akatsuki no Yona as I recall. I also believe I heard that this Fall they bolstered their simuldub casts with new additions, to try and offset the 'samey' voice syndrome that'd been creeping in.

I imagine it's kind of grueling and more mistakes are made than if they took their time with the release though.

kewlmyc

Just T

Poco's Udon World: 11

Been wondering if Poco's human form would even grow normally. Anyway though, Souta's going to need to think of something quick to preserve the secret.

They must have very close ties to the studio doing Akiha Strip to pull this off. That or most of the series is already done.

Awesome. I wish I had the privilege of actually seeing the damn thing here in the US.
Close ties with the studio seems to be what it is based on comments made by funimation on facebook.

Kuromukuro 23

This is basically the "finish off all the sidequests before tackling the final boss" part of a JRPG. Fortunately it feels more like Trails in the Sky SC than some other JRPGs in that regard, in that the lighthearted and reflective moments are justified even with the looming threat. I can't believe Carlos actually made that absurd film. I've come around to him and Akagi by this point. Even Marina had an actually worthwhile moment this episode. Kaya is still a worthless streaming addict however.

Kuromukuro 24

I can't help but wish that the action direction was stronger for the big climax of the show, but conceptually it was still a neat fight.
Of course Sebastian survived. I did wonder when we didn't see his body. I'd say it was cheap, but seeing guerrilla Sebastian with a big beard was worth it.
The conflict does feel a bit unsatisfying
knowing that the Efidolg agents being fought against were not actually independent characters of their own but just clones manufactured by other clones presumably eventually leading back to whoever the real Efidolg aliens at the source are. (It'd be a neat twist if the original Efidolgs had actually died out and this was just a self-replicating conquest pyramid scheme at this point, but I doubt the remaining two episodes are going to get anywhere near there.)
I am curious to see what the remaining two episodes are going to do now; it's a bold move to leave so much time after the events of this episode.

Wow will they be able to keep this pace up all season?

I think this is an outlier, kinda like Space Dandy and as kewlmyc said, probably has to do with close ties to the studio. Otherwise it's looking for other titles a 2-3 week wait, assuming they don't fail behind again.

"The film is slated to open in 92 countries and territories, including in the United States through Funimation in the first quarter of this year."

But we're not supposed to watch it anymore.

duckroll

Kuromukuro 23

This is basically the "finish off all the sidequests before tackling the final boss" part of a JRPG. Fortunately it feels more like Trails in the Sky SC than some other JRPGs in that regard, in that the lighthearted and reflective moments are justified even with the looming threat. I can't believe Carlos actually made that absurd film. I've come around to him and Akagi by this point. Even Marina had an actually worthwhile moment this episode. Kaya is still a worthless streaming addict however.

Kuromukuro 24

I can't help but wish that the action direction was stronger for the big climax of the show, but conceptually it was still a neat fight.
Of course Sebastian survived. I did wonder when we didn't see his body. I'd say it was cheap, but seeing guerrilla Sebastian with a big beard was worth it.
The conflict does feel a bit unsatisfying
knowing that the Efidolg agents being fought against were not actually independent characters of their own but just clones manufactured by other clones presumably eventually leading back to whoever the real Efidolg aliens at the source are. (It'd be a neat twist if the original Efidolgs had actually died out and this was just a self-replicating conquest pyramid scheme at this point, but I doubt the remaining two episodes are going to get anywhere near there.)
I am curious to see what the remaining two episodes are going to do now; it's a bold move to leave so much time after the events of this episode.

Oh boy you're about to see the ending!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.

kewlmyc

"The film is slated to open in 92 countries and territories, including in the United States through Funimation in the first quarter of this year."

Yeah, I know. Just salty that it seems to have been playing in the UK for a while now and that the US already had showings, but it was limited to LA.

Here is what they say on funimation sites about the Akiba dub

We’re doing something special with Akiba’s Trip The Animation. With help from both sides of the world, our teams here at Funimation and our partners in Japan, the first episode will launch 30 minutes after the Japanese broadcast — launching on FunimationNow, tomorrow at 8:00am CT!*

Going forward is going to be something new as well. We plan to continue working closely with our partners in Japan so that new SimulDub episodes for Akiba’s Trip will launch as close to the broadcast time in Japan as possible. Right now, our goal is 30 minutes after Japanese broadcast time — the fastest launch of any SimulDub show this season!

However, this is a new process for everyone so there likely could be some delays in the future, and we ask for your patience as we do our best to bring you episodes as early as possible. That being said, we’re excited to try something new this season and will keep fans in the loop as we continue this journey together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom