• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thud

If you don't hear anything by end of March(AnimeJapan) then it's probably delayed or on ice.

I hear so little about it, wouldn't be suprised if it's delayed by a few years.

Despite that, I'll continue reading the novels and I plan to rewatch the entire thing plus movies and specials.

Well maybe you should share the art you saw instead of having me post fakes. :p

main_120322.jpg

This is what I was talking about, but it looks like its from one of the Gaiden OVAs and was just attached to the article when it was announced. Whoops

Wasn't there a recent LoGH manga where Reinhard had giant fabulous mothra eyelashes?

bamcqL4.jpg

I doubt it will be super different from the OVA designs? Those are so iconic.

At most they might adhere more to the novels, making people less handsome/bishie. Reinhard is supposed to be beautiful and bishie though, the novels never stop talking about how handsome he is. Yang is supposed to be a bit more "average." But its impossible to distance the OVA designs from the novel

Cornbread78

Rage of the Bahamut;Genesis ep.7
Ru6YqJw.jpg

That battle was pretty damn good and the music in the background was excellent. This daddy stuff after all the mommy stuff earlier is kinda weird, but the battle at the castle was really well done.

/XX/

The anime streaming market in the US at this point (I don't know enough about other countries to talk about them) has contracted to just Netflix, which doesn't simulcast, Amazon, which doesn't cast in the US period, and Crunchyroll, which typically announces simulcasts a day before or the day of their first airing. Crunchyroll did experiment with revealing a number of shows earlier than that for the summer and fall seasons, but for whatever reason they decided that wasn't worth doing for this current season.
Waiting cautiously on the case of the Little Witch Academia TV series, because the 1-day 'delaycast' each week for Netflix on their platform in Japan could too translate to further markets given the first run license they have this time. I'm still unsure...

"Where are all the guys? Are their schools on land? If the girls run the navy and drive tanks, do the guys fly planes then?"
She is making the right assumptions, yeah; aviation 'dogfighting' is deemed as the "gentlemanly" thing to do in-universe, so 'Boys und Flugzeuge' is indeed a thing!

DiGiKerot

It'd be surprising if they did. They usually put up everything at once when they can, even with the shows they make themselves don't they?

The only thing which would make me even remotely optimistic about LWA streaming weekly outside Japan is that Trigger are incredibly savvy about how their audience - including the foreign portion - consume their shows, and would maybe push for it to be the case.

That said, I'm in no way actually optimistic about it.

/XX/

It'd be surprising if they did. They usually put up everything at once when they can, even with the shows they make themselves don't they?
Hmm, I was just following the guidance of what Netflix Japan is gonna do... so, in other markets they haven't ever released episodes of a series weekly then, is that it? Only in batches? That's unfortunate.

Hmm, I was just following the guidance of what Netflix Japan is gonna do... so, in other markets they haven't ever released episodes of a series weekly then, is that it? Only in batches? That's unfortunate.

Think there's been like 1 or 2 exceptions? Of the hm... dozens and dozens of shows they got now :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Think there's been like 1 or 2 exceptions? Of the hm... dozens and dozens of shows they got now :p
They have weird deals where they will air shows "weekly" after broadcast on television, but only in the specific markets that they've made deals in.

Netflix Canada gets some shows that way that don't appear at all on Netflix USA.

You know, other than people adapting everything Isin was done, there hasn't really been any lasting legacy for Bakemonogatari. No other people have tried to rip him off, and "Shaft-style" still remains synonymous with Shaft and no one else. (Well, not counting all the ex-Shaft directors who ended up going elsewhere).

It doesn't have some grand setup or setting that could be re-purposed, its characters are either ciphers or spins on classic archetypes, and its directing style is so hard to pin down that anyone choosing to ape it would just be calling attention to the fact that they're making 'not Monogatari'.

Line_HTX

What other stuff has Shaft animated besides Monogatari, Madoka, and March Lions? I know they did some others lbut I don't remember if they were good or not with the Shaft colors or tilts.

Qurupeke

Hanasaku Iroha 19-22
5Ednpka.jpg

Kirito and his omelet rice almost ruined everything.
So, a couple of boring episodes around the middle, but the wedding arc was really good. I didn't expect such a development and I like how happy the show has become. However, I'm surprised that Ohana has survived, Minko is really one of the most bloodthirsty tsunderes. While the show has a good amount of character animation, Minko's attacks are are a bit too dynamic, which really seems weird for a show like Hanasaku Iroha. The voice acting is also on point, the "Die" always gives me the chills.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It doesn't have some grand setup or setting that could be re-purposed, its characters are either ciphers or spins on classic archetypes, and its directing style is so hard to pin down that anyone choosing to ape it would just be calling attention to the fact that they're making 'not Monogatari'.

Well, I mean, it doesn't seem like anyone has tried to do the rapid-fire snappy dialog thing (at least in the anime I've seen, maybe light novels are rife with it). I feel like on western TV, someone tries to ripoff Aaron Sorkin, Amy Sherman-Palladino, or David Mamet from time to time, but everyone seems to have avoided the acerbic wordplay of the Monogatari series, despite the fact that Senjougahara is probably one of the more iconic characters of the past decade..

Quasar

You know, other than people adapting everything Isin was done, there hasn't really been any lasting legacy for Bakemonogatari. No other people have tried to rip him off, and "Shaft-style" still remains synonymous with Shaft and no one else. (Well, not counting all the ex-Shaft directors who ended up going elsewhere).

Maybe copying NisiOisiN is just too hard.

Kansoku

What other stuff has Shaft animated besides Monogatari, Madoka, and March Lions? I know they did some others lbut I don't remember if they were good or not with the Shaft colors or tilts.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
ef: A Tale Of _____
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

Dangan Ronpa 3: Side;Future 7

Nice to see that Another Episode has been made pointless in the grand scheme of things. Not like I had expectations of that game being important for this anime or anything.

Given Kodaka's love for killing characters people actually like I'm expecting them to kill Kyoko because fuck you.

Also Monaca is going to be in V3 somehow. Calling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom