• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

Ai Mai Mi: Surgical Friends 01
0004vgkp8.png

00050vkfk.png

0006ewj4k.png

0007xakqb.png
R.I.P.

Qurupeke

http://www.animemaru.com/anime-marus-top-10-anime-of-2016/

Well thats the most painful 2016 top 10 so far.

#2. Goodnight Punpun: It takes a great director to place above Miyazaki, but in this case it’s the combination of two great directors. I certainly didn’t think that Yuasa Masaaki could work alongside Akiyuki Shinbo and Studio Shaft so well, but when they’re given material as great as Goodnight Punpun the result is an absolute masterpiece. The combination of animation styles perfectly captures Punpun’s fractured mindset, and the show manages to pull out every emotion from the original manga and amplify them through perfect direction.

Truly painful. :(

I dunno. I'd like to believe that all the grown up writers are doing it in real novels or movies or something. I mean Japanese people have wordplay and sarcasm and acerbic wit, don't they? lol

I think Nisioisin's writing style would be considered too juvenile or too precious to be imitated much in legitimate literature. Considering it to be what "all the grown up writers" in Japan should be aspiring to seems highly questionable.

A Farewell to Weapons

This was probably my favourite of the bunch.

You chose... correctly.

----

SW Rogue One (imagine the title is in Japanese)

Hey this was good! In fact it was much better than the Force Awakens. Funny how it works, the one that was hyped to heaven was pretty meh, and the unknown one redeemed the idea of doing new original SW movies.

Just T

Poco's Udon World: 7-10

Yeah, don't really like Hiroshi, thought it could change after a few more episodes but nope.

Figured since the episode Rinko first appeared in that she would end up like that so no surprises there but episode 10 was still great cause they didn't really spend much time talking about the mom until now and it was shown pretty well. Especially when Rinko got to hear the words she needed to hear and from the source she wanted the most no less.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think Nisioisin's writing style would be considered too juvenile or too precious to be imitated much in legitimate literature. Considering it to be what "all the grown up writers" in Japan should be aspiring to seems highly questionable.
I dunno, I haven't read any contemporary English books lately (I think Zadie Smith or Neal Stephenson is the most recent author that I've read), but looking at how hyped people were for the Gilmore Girls reunion, it seems at least here adults love writing in and consuming that particular heightened mode of speech.

T-Rex.

Banned
For some reason SyFy in the UK are going to be showing a bunch of anime movies over the next month. Wolf Children, Akira, Ninja Scroll, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, and Redline are all going to be shown.

zulux21

funimation just announced their dubs
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/01/03/official-winter-2017-simuldub-lineup/

Akiba’s Trip The Animation makes me very happy just because if I am going to watch it to see how horrible it turns out I would rather watch it dubbed while doing other stuff lol

Saga of Tanya the Evil also makes me happy as if it is any good that means it will get a dvd release.

rest are

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
Masamune-kun’s Revenge
Hand Shakers
Tales of Zestiria the X

Akiba’s Trip The Animation makes me very happy just because if I am going to watch it to see how horrible it turns out I would rather watch it dubbed while doing other stuff lol

Saga of Tanya the Evil also makes me happy as if it is any good that means it will get a dvd release.

rest are

Masamune-kun’s Revenge
Hand Shakers
Tales of Zestiria the X
Zestiria is also the only funimation show not shared for the funiroll collab. Probably because of Daisuki if I had to guess.

Also just from that announcement, funimation has a really strong dub line-up for the next season. All shows I'm excited about.

I dunno, I haven't read any contemporary English books lately (I think Zadie Smith or Neal Stephenson is the most recent author that I've read), but looking at how hyped people were for the Gilmore Girls reunion, it seems at least here adults love writing in and consuming that particular heightened mode of speech.

I am no expert in the current output of Japanese authors, but what I've heard from people who do read a lot of current Japanese books is that their adult fiction tends to have a drier writing style than light novels. Light novels tend to be extremely dialogue heavy, almost exclusively dialogue in some cases, which is perfect for Nisioisin.

kewlmyc

Masamune-kun's Revenge is the first romance manga I read that made me feel as if it was completely wasting my time. Wonder if the anime will be any better.

Just voted for the CR anime award

If Deku doesn't win Best Boy and Best Hero I will riot, he is the only one truly deserving of those titles after all.

AOTY:
MHA

I'm pretty sure that other category just got added from all the backlash.

zulux21

Just voted for the CR anime award

If Deku doesn't win Best Boy and Best Hero I will riot.

AOTY:
MHA

I'm pretty sure that other category just got added from all the backlash.

I don't think I voted for him in anything despite the fact that I think I would say that MHA is the best manga I am currently reading.

based solely off the first anime season and not the manga, he isn't a very good boy or a very good hero :p

I don't think I voted for him in anything despite the fact that I think I would say that MHA is the best manga I am currently reading.

based solely off the first anime season and not the manga, he isn't a very good boy or a very good hero :p

zulux21->added to black list.

kewlmyc

Deku doesn't really become all that rememberable for me until the tournament arc. Same for the manga. The manga didn't take off for me until the middle of the tournament arc and the following arcs.

It's why I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season despite not finishing the first.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Masamune-kun’s Revenge is the first romance manga I read that made me feel as if it was completely wasting my time. Wonder if the anime will be any better.

Meido > Commando > Class Rep > Tsundere

Ascheroth

Deku doesn't really become all that rememberable for me until the tournament arc. Same for the manga. The manga didn't take off for me until the middle of the tournament arc and the following arcs.

It's why I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season despite not finishing the first.

Ya, the only real 'well damn' moment in the season 1 material is when Shigaraki appears, and that's due to the art and was botched pretty badly in the anime.
Season 2 gonna be good.

I'm mean it's different for everyone, but for me Deku clicked right from the start(manga). He is such a fantastic MC! But yea I do agree that he becomes even better in the tournament arc.

zulux21

what the other person said.

I like deku, he just isn't very exciting in the stuff the anime adapted.
give me a year, I might just vote for him from season 2.

though... Full Metal Panic! IV should be this year.
and One Punch Man 2 is for sure this year...

hmmm it will be a tough fight.
When does the winter thread with all the glorious information regarding shows and where they can be found go up?

it's not going up. we are just skipping it as anime doesn't matter again again spring with attack on titan 2 :3

rest are

Masamune-kun’s Revenge
Hand Shakers
Tales of Zestiria the X
Thats all for funi? So light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom