• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers 4 Official Trailer

Javthusiast

Banned
I predict that Tony will in fact just die on that space ship, but because they will go back in time, he will end up alive again.

JimiNutz

Banned
I know time travel is prevalent in the comic books but I think it's going to feel cheap if that's how they defeat Thanos, especially if everyone comes back alive and kicking. Hopefully they have managed to come up with something unique that hasn't been seen in the comic books before so that it really takes people by surprise.

KRAai

hmm time travel or something else well i am guessing it will be combination of things
but it all depends on execution
if it is done well enough maybe it won't feel that cheap
and man coming up with something unique that hasn't been seen in any comic books sounds like impossibility
unless it is some convoluted bs

JimiNutz

Banned
I actually had no idea that time travel was the winning strategy in the comics.

Not sure how I feel about that

Time travel is actually only used to undo the 'snap'. There is def a lot more to defeating Thanos in the comic books than just time travel.

I meant that time travel is something that does appear in comic books in general but I find it cheap as a strategy to win and hope that they avoid using it in this film.

KRAai

$$$$$$ says other wise. Its hard to get immersed in these movies when you know they are coming back because $$$$
Well
It's not only $$$ it's also the fact that people love these characters and want to see more stories with them.
So unless marvel decide screw any continuity you won't get your "immersion" and it's fine because a lot of people are immersed enough the way it is also i think we will get some deaths eventually.

Last edited:
Well
It's not only $$$ it's also the fact that people love these characters and want to see more stories with them.
So unless marvel decide screw any continuity you won't get your "immersion" and it's fine because a lot of people are immersed enough the way it is also i think we will get some deaths eventually.
Death in comic books HAHAHAHHA

Well
*Spider man and star lord dies in Infinity war* Marvel announces new Spider man and Guardian of the Galaxy movies LOL

Last edited:

KRAai

*Spider man and star lord dies in Infinity war* Marvel announces new Spider man and Guardian of the Galaxy movies LOL
To be fair guardians of the galaxy 3 doesn't have to have exactly the same crew also that's kind of silly,
with most movies it's safe to assume that main hero won't die
It would be crazy to expect batman to die in batman begins or decide that it destroys immersion.

Also are you not familiar with comics? Nobody really dies in them.

That said at some point marvel will kill some heroes at least for some time and it could have bigger impact on some people just because these assumptions :messenger_dizzy:

Top Bottom