• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Endgame (SPOILER THREAD)

yo the wasted potential of thanos after infinity war...

he legit felt like all the other throwaway marvel villains from all the other movies

what a waste
That was probably one of my main takes out of the movie...part one they did an absolute awesome job of fleshing him out and in a way you sort of saw the angle he was coming from

This movie he was effectively sidelined until the end and you really felt nothing at the conclusion as he wasn’t a main part of the movie.

I understand people may have different views on this but part 2 literally feels like a completely different movie...it’s not clever...it’s not really well structured and it has too much going on of the wrong stuff and not delivering the brilliant set pieces the first part had.

It’s not a bad movie but coming from part 1 it’s a big step down

Edit
As for the marvel is female bit.. would definitely agree with the comments so far...the execution was terrible..you can’t force people to like a character because she is female...they need to have a story and a proper background...only a couple of them did but they were not really a big part of the end...they just chucked it in there and it felt like you were being force fed and if you didn’t like it your a woman hater....I think people on social media are going to be afraid to call that out... dc did a much better job of introducing people to female superhero’s

Last edited:
After the incredible Infinity War, Endgame was a big letdown. It is by no means a awful movie, it's just not what i hoped it would be.

-The time travel created so many plot-holes, they should have gone for a completely different approach.

-There are basically too many parts that make no sense, like Thor getting Mjolnir from Asgard without Heimdall or the younger Thor taking notice.

-It was basically too much soap-opera, dragging to a point where i had to force myself to care for Black Widows death .

-What they did to Thor, was such a disgrace and disrespectful to the character Taika Waititi build up with Ragnarok. The Fortnite scene was beyond stupid.

-Overall not enough action scenes, just one big battle at the end, which was too chaotic and over too quickly.

-Peppers reaction to Tonys death was really unsentimental.

-Thanos is now just a simple, one dimensional villain who wants to destroy the universe.

-Nebula shooting her past self and her future self surviving, made no sense at all. She is a Luphomoid, not an android!

-The best scene was Cap wielding Mjolnir, this was badass and i really bought into him being "worthy".

But the more i think about the movie, the worse it gets.

The feminist push was so obvious I actually heard someone sitting next to me groan from the cringe.

My (female)friend said this was ridiculous. I don't know. I didn't really care anymore i guess.
Though, i really liked Captain Marvel, it was a great and entertaining movie, much more than Endgame.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings but have a question first

Who is Iron Man right now in the comics? Has there ever been a female Iron Man (or I guess Iron Woman) in the comics

I’ve read that both Bucky and Sam have taken the Captain America title at various times in the comics. So I understand that decision.

As for base impressions, and a couple more questions:

I feel segments of the movie are perfect, but all the right notes and feels perfectly. Some of the action beats are perfect. Tonal shifts throughout the first 45 minutes were unexpected and almost a little jarring at first but overall it feels unique for an Avengers movie in these moments

Professor Hulk was cool but I feel like he doesn’t get a lot of action scenes. Maybe I just have forgotten already or missed it somehow but I don’t remember him doing anything cool in the actual fights

Captain Marvel was......okay...I guess?

Captain America with the hammer was sweet and that fight was great.

Fat Thor....lol?

Doesn’t Captain America staying in the past mean there’s two Captain America’s in that reality now though?

Thor joining Guardians is great IMO. I’m looking forward to that.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
The feminist push was so obvious I actually heard someone sitting next to me groan from the cringe.

Not a fan of how Wanda and CM almost single handedly bodied chimp thanos. When we have our 3 main casts getting pwned. I guess slim Thor could take down chimp thanos battleship as easily.

Would prefer Pepper rescue Tony instead of CM. Now Pepper just appeared suited at the end, and her send-off to Tony felt too emotionless.

I guess Russo arent as good in invoking emotions as Peter Jackson

I can agree that the “we’re with her”all female scene maybe felt a bit forced but it’s just one pretty tiny bit of the movie.

As for a couple others

I agree that it makes more sense for Bucky to be new Cap, not Sam, but whatever

No issue for me with Valk. If Thor is going with the Guardians then she makes sense to be leader New Asgard. To me this is fine, just my opinion.

I still will wonder about questions from my first post regarding paradox issues with the plot and a couple decisions in particular, but I’ll live with it.

The movie has odd tonal shifts in the first half that I appreciated mostly because it felt unique for MCU film. Definitely a somewhat odd film. I would say I’m overall happy with it but just scratching my head about a couple things

kiiltz

Not a fan of how Wanda and CM almost single handedly bodied chimp thanos.
Eh, it actually makes sense because they're some of the strongest beings in Marvel.
Which is why they had Wanda killed off and CM conveniently "searching" for Thanos in the far reaches of the galaxy. Same thing they did with Thor where they had him spend literally the whole previous movie trying to get Stormbreaker (and he still arrives late to save Vision???).

If anything Wanda was nerfed in Infinity War. She should have been able to solo both of Thanos' children without Vision's help.

Yep my gf had her head in her hands at that part and there were audible laughs from the audience in my showing.

Having female superheroes is cool but forcing it down the audiences throat to the point where it turns into satire is a bad idea and actually harms the 'feminist' cause.

I usually don’t agree with “forced” criticisms of games/movies but yes that one scene was a little groan worthy. At first when they were like “she has help” I was like oh it will be everyone but each new hero popping up was female and female and female. I admit it felt a tad corny. But it’s not a huge part of movie or even that battle imo

In case my main question got lost in my rambling, someone please help me with this

If Cap stayed back in time aren’t there now two of him in that timeline? It seems like what he did broke the rules they established to begin with, when they explained they had to get the stones and bring them forward to present and that was the only way.

JimiNutz

Banned
I usually don’t agree with “forced” criticisms of games/movies but yes that one scene was a little groan worthy. At first when they were like “she has help” I was like oh it will be everyone but each new hero popping up was female and female and female. I admit it felt a tad corny. But it’s not a huge part of movie or even that battle imo

Oh yeah it's not a big deal at all. It's a really short scene and doesn't ruin the movie or anything ridiculous like that. Just seemed a bit too forced and preposterous that they would all find themselves grouped up like that on a chaotic battlefield. It's a minor nitpick though and it was kind of cool to see them all together for that one shot and be reminded just how many female hero's there are in this universe now (which is definitely not a bad thing at all).

kiiltz

I have mixed feelings but have a question first

Who is Iron Man right now in the comics? Has there ever been a female Iron Man (or I guess Iron Woman) in the comics

It's only ever been Tony Stark unless you count Warmachine.

Doesn’t Captain America staying in the past mean there’s two Captain America’s in that reality now though?

Yes but not anymore. The implication is that there's always been an old!Steve Rogers in addition to the one we've been watching since the first Captain America. It comes full circle when he goes to return the Infinity Stones and decides not to come back.

I mean, it definitely introduces a whole load of problems (not necessarily plot holes) but I guess they wanted to go for something transparently poignant.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Yes the cringe happened for a short time but because it happened during the crucial huge battle it really kind of ruined the flow of the epic fights IMO.

So where does Captain Marvel go from here?

More solo films? Another team up? She feels so stiff in the group scenes. It just doesn’t mesh well imo. I dunno. Maybe I’m wrong. Just no chemistry.

Oh yeah it's not a big deal at all. It's a really short scene and doesn't ruin the movie or anything ridiculous like that. Just seemed a bit too forced and preposterous that they would all find themselves grouped up like that on a chaotic battlefield. It's a minor nitpick though and it was kind of cool to see them all together for that one shot and be reminded just how many female hero's there are in this universe now (which is definitely not a bad thing at all).

It’s definitely just silly that in the middle of this gigantic world at stake battle, literally every single female hero on the roster just happens to be at the same spot at the same time. I feel Marvel can do better than that

Tygeezy

I really enjoyed Infinity war, but I cant be the only one that thinks they introduced this sjw's wet dream in Captain Marvel last minute to set up a deus ex machina? That has pretty much killed all the hype for me. game of thrones has all my hype at the moment.

JimiNutz

Banned
In case my main question got lost in my rambling, someone please help me with this

If Cap stayed back in time aren’t there now two of him in that timeline? It seems like what he did broke the rules they established to begin with, when they explained they had to get the stones and bring them forward to present and that was the only way.

Yeah I think there were 2 Caps in that timeline? I'm guessing that one Cap got frozen as normal and the other carried on living with Agent Carter in secret? I guess by the time the other Cap gets found in the ice 'our' Cap is an old man. I'm guessing our Cap just lived a quiet life with Carter?

Hammer-X23

Neo Member

Technically by the rules they painstakingly spelled out during the course of the movie (i.e. this is not BTTF) there are two Caps in that timeline until he returns. However, the idea is that Carter was lying to Rogers so the original Cap that is in the old time line is never aware that a future cap is with Carter. Eventually Cap returns leaving one Cap in each timeline. So in one time line they get to be together, and in the main time line they never did (except for Cap since he went back, but that's getting technical ). At least that is how I understand it.

She is so stiff even Groot felt more human.

And at this point, after the events of Endgame, which group would she fit in with? Guardians? I don’t imagine she’s gonna stay on Earth?

It’s like they’ve built their version of Superman except with no charisma. Like she’s just good for showing up and blowing shit up

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
And at this point, after the events of Endgame, which group would she fit in with? Guardians? I don’t imagine she’s gonna stay on Earth?

It’s like they’ve built their version of Superman except with no charisma. Like she’s just good for showing up and blowing shit up

She has to stay cosmic for sure.
She can't face any threats on earth as she needs to be pitted against opponents of equal power levels to be remotely interesting.

Maybe joining a more comedic team like Guardians would be good for her character and with Thor now also joining that team she will have a team mate of similar power level so won't seem as out of place?

Raph64

Really enjoyed Endgame, but my god was Captain Marvel useless as fuck.

Like get this, she only appears at the very beginning and at the end, you get to see her for like barely 15 minutes in the whole movie, and what did she bring to the story you may ask ?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Black Widow sacrificed herself to get the Soul Stone, without Ant-Man and his knowledge of the quantic realm, the Avengers couldn’t go back in time. And what did Captain Marvel do during the entire movie ?

Nothing, apart bringing us a pathetically forced feminist scene. She did nothing to even advance the story in some way. Wow. How to waste a character’s potential in such a fashion, ladies and gentlemen.

Why did they even had to add her in the first place ?

Last edited:
Saw it. The more I think about it the less I liked it. But it does have a ton of great moments, but it does feel like a film with tons of reshoots and was saved in the edit. Maybe it's me getting tired of the whole CGI arena battle thing.

Infinity War was better. I think once you see everyone fighting together.......when it happens again.....though some proper kick ass moments, as well as some pretty iconic ones for the MCU.....it's like this is cool......but not really holy shit like before......

PC agenda......

The whole therapy thing with Steve early on was so this guy can tell us how he had a date with another guy......no one mentions who Steve is......it's over quickly......I liked the idea of this scene but it's pretty obvious why it was there.......shame we really didn't see the normal public, media reacting.....even blaming the Avengers for failing humanity etc.

The shot during the battle of all the woman together......like come on. Do we have to be told about all the woman now in these films?

Captain Marvel is there then not.......then turns up to almost save the day. I get she is powerful but I think she should have been saved for the next Avengers. Funny when Thanos punches her using the power stone and she is sent across the earth.

Sam Wilson is now Cap? Sorry but he doesn't have his strength. Bucky does? Though maybe Disney were worried that a brainwashed killer to be the next leader of the Avengers??! So Sam is going to ditch his flying skills now?? Either way we know why this has happened and it's fucking pathetic. It makes no fucking sense........

Chris Evans plays Capt with such sincerity as well. Good luck with that Anthony Mackie........

Other stuff......

That Fortnite plug. Really???!!! Though some good gags in that scene with the online banter.

Hulk not taking on Thanos? Hulk didn't fight really? One of my biggest disappointments. But he was funny.

Phat Thor and Stark's Big Lebowski joke. I swear I was the only one in the theater that got that!

How the fuck can Thanos take on Iron Man, Thor and Captain so easily?? But then again it probably just shows how important Dr Strange is in the first movie.

Cap's Mjölnir moment. Biggest reaction in my theater. Though have to say how he instantly wields it like he's been using it for years is rather bemusing.........but still fucking bad ass,

The whole the past doesn't affect the present thing so the likes of Nebula can still be there after killing her younger self?? I swear that was set up for that reason.

Avengers HQ obliterated?? Yeh fuck off with that. Makes no sense. Sure Thanos would have fucked it all up but for him to turn up and just blow it to shit.........nope.

Time travel stuff has me confused. Thor took his hammer from 2013 and Captain fought his 2012 self and there is no come back? Is it 'all' corrected??

Loki cameo and Hulk stairs. Great stuff.

Thanos is rather underused in this movie. The 1960s part was so underused.....

Oh and no mid credits MIB scene after the final scenes with Thor and Valkyrie? Marvel you disappoint ;)

Since read Thanos dies three times? I only counted twice??!!

No funeral or anything for Tash? Unless I missed it??

The film really raised up a notch with Steve's ending. Though I would have liked a montage of him taking the stones back..... (he did that all by himself?? wtf??!!!) ....then realizing to stay with Peggy. Fuck! I would give up being Captain America for Hayley Atwell!!

No end credits scene but I liked the sounds from Stark in that cave from the first Iron Man movie at the end. Nice touch.

I can't see the next Avengers film living up to the likes of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Those three really are hard to beat mostly thanks to the performances. I can't see (meh) Sam Wilson, (personality free) Black Panther, (moody) Captain Marvel taking up the mantel. I just hope Hulk and Antman are part of the line up in the future. I bet they bring Thor back if things go south and give Hulk a bigger role if the next one circa 2022 disappoints. But the MSM will be fapping at the prospect of that new line up no doubt!!!!

I will add it's a shame we didn't have another stand alone Avengers film and instead jumped into this storyline with Thanos. 2022 would have been better to do an Infinity War movie as that would have been 10 years since the Avengers first 'assembled'.......I think Captain America 3 should have been about it's name sake instead of rushing with Civil War.

I'm sure I'll see it again....but I don't desperately want to like Infinity War........but nothing has really got me as excited as the first movie as an entity overall. When we see them all together for the first time and all the banter that came with it. Iron Man turning up to give Capt back up in Germany, the mini fight in the woods between Iron Man and Thor then Capt, with finally all of them coming together for that iconic shot........

* Fuck I am bored with Superhero movies now. I think the tables will turn with the MCU sooner than later. PC crap, CGI overload and most importantly audience fatigue.

Last edited:

TimFL

My take on a few issues mentioned in here:

- Mjolnir missing in Dark World? Captain America brings it back when he returns the stones in the end.

- Old-man Cap ruining the timeline? Open for interpretation, one could say that he traveled back in time and lived a happy life with Peggy undercover (and told her the bare minimum to keep her from ruining the timelines). Makes actually sense and there's no way for us to deny it with the little backstory we got about Peggy, she never mentions her husbands name in Winter Soldier (chances are she already had dementia and Steve took any slips on her end as a side effect of dementia when he was unfrozen).

- But what about you can't change the future / present / jesus it's so confusing? No one says Steve didn't just use his time travel pager to pop up in the present days timeline when Peggy died in the timeline he originally went to (instead of returning within the 5s window 'return-warp').

Saw it. The more I think about it the less I liked it. But it does have a ton of great moments, but it does feel like a film with tons of reshoots and was saved in the edit. Maybe it's me getting tired of the whole CGI arena battle thing.

Infinity War was better. I think once you see everyone fighting together.......when it happens again.....though some proper kick ass moments, as well as some pretty iconic ones for the MCU.....it's like this is cool......but not really holy shit like before......

PC agenda......

The whole therapy thing with Steve early on was so this guy can tell us how he had a date with another guy......no one mentions who Steve is......it's over quickly......I liked the idea of this scene but it's pretty obvious why it was there.......shame we really didn't see the normal public, media reacting.....even blaming the Avengers for failing humanity etc.

The shot during the battle of all the woman together......like come on. Do we have to be told about all the woman now in these films?

Captain Marvel is there then not.......then turns up to almost save the day. I get she is powerful but I think she should have been saved for the next Avengers. Funny when Thanos punches her using the power stone and she is sent across the earth.

Sam Wilson is now Cap? Sorry but he doesn't have his strength. Bucky does? Though maybe Disney were worried that a brainwashed killer to be the next leader of the Avengers??! So Sam is going to ditch his flying skills now?? Either way we know why this has happened and it's fucking pathetic. It makes no fucking sense........

Chris Evans plays Capt with such sincerity as well. Good luck with that Anthony Mackie........

Other stuff......

That Fortnite plug. Really???!!! Though some good gags in that scene with the online banter.

Hulk not taking on Thanos? Hulk didn't fight really? One of my biggest disappointments. But he was funny.

Phat Thor and Stark's Big Lebowski joke. I swear I was the only one in the theater that got that!

How the fuck can Thanos take on Iron Man, Thor and Captain so easily?? But then again it probably just shows how important Dr Strange is in the first movie.

Cap's Mjölnir moment. Biggest reaction in my theater. Though have to say how he instantly wields it like he's been using it for years is rather bemusing.........but still fucking bad ass,

The whole the past doesn't affect the present thing so the likes of Nebula can still be there after killing her younger self?? I swear that was set up for that reason.

Avengers HQ obliterated?? Yeh fuck off with that. Makes no sense. Sure Thanos would have fucked it all up but for him to turn up and just blow it to shit.........nope.

Time travel stuff has me confused. Thor took his hammer from 2013 and Captain fought his 2012 self and there is no come back? Is it 'all' corrected??

Loki cameo and Hulk stairs. Great stuff.

Since read Thanos dies three times? I only counted twice??!!

The film really raised up a notch with Steve's ending. Though I would have liked a montage of him taking the stones back..... (he did that all by himself?? wtf??!!!) ....then realizing to stay with Peggy. Fuck! I would give up being Captain America for Hayley Atwell!!

No end credits scene but I liked the sounds from Stark in that cave from the first Iron Man movie at the end. Nice touch.

I can't see the next Avengers film living up to the likes of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. Those three really are hard to beat mostly thanks to the performances. I can't see (meh) Sam Wilson, (personality free) Black Panther, (moody) Captain Marvel taking up the mantel. I just hope Hulk and Antman are part of the line up in the future. I bet they bring Thor back if things go south and give Hulk a bigger role if the next one circa 2022 disappoints. But the MSM will be fapping at the prospect of that new line up no doubt!!!!

I will add it's a shame we didn't have another stand alone Avengers film and instead jumped into this storyline with Thanos. 2022 would have been better to do an Infinity War movie as that would have been 10 years since the Avengers first 'assembled'.......I think Captain America 3 should have been about it's name sake instead of rushing with Civil War.

I'm sure I'll see it again but nothing has really got me as excited as the first movie as an entity overall. When we see them all together for the first time and all the banter that came with it. Iron Man turning up to give Capt back up in Germany, the mini fight in the woods between Iron Man and Thor then Capt, with finally all of them coming together for that iconic shot........

* Fuck I am bored with Superhero movies now. I think the tables will turn with the MCU sooner than later. PC crap, CGI overload and most importantly audience fatigue.

Two thing a I really agree with:

Hulk criminally underused in action scenes

Caps moments in battle were awesome

There definitely some fantastic individual scenes in this, some of the best scenes of the series, when isolated

Raph64

To anyone about to see Endgame, if you feel like the need to go pee, please do it the moment you see Captain Marvel.

Now that I think about it, I need to share a little story regarding my screening of Endgame.

Before the movie actually started, we had to wait 10 full minutes ( they didn’t even compensate the delay with trailers and all ) in order to get everyone to go get their popcorn and all sorts of snacks and go to the toilets given how long the movie was going to last for, and once the movie finally starts, the audience realized that the movie wasn’t in 3D, and this screening was supposed to be in 3D. So a few minutes after the movie started, someone had to shut down the movie. Fortunately though, the movie restarted, this time in 3D. The whole audience was kind of hugely relieved, because they thought they weren’t going to be able to see the movie due to some technical difficulty :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is like the second time in a row this happens, the first time it was when I saw Shazam and the exact same thing happened.

Good thing the room was equipped with Dolby Atmos though, worth the price alone as the sound quality felt orgasmic :messenger_astonished:

Last edited:
IW is the better superhero film. But i enjoyed EG for what it is, a victory lap for 10 good years of MCU, an ultimate comic buff send-off.

I did not like how the 2-parter went from a Thanos movie to chimp thanos. I did not like Disney managed to make feminism even more forced than IW. Was CM this boring and OP in her own movie?

It was a nice wrap up for MCU, imo this is really the end for following MCU. The next phases look boring with too much injected socio politics. Maybe Gotg3 looks more old school fun.

I have faith in the future phases assuming they are going to be integrating Fantastic Four and X-Men at some point

TimFL

It almost feels like some moments in final battle that would have made sense for Hulk for given to Captain Marvel
I don't get why people get so worked up about her. Sure she has the personality/character of a dried up apple but there is no denying that she is supposed to be this OP character, probably why she was absent from most of the movie (cause you can't build a good story around a godlike superhero).
Heavy spoilers:
Her being wrecked by Gauntlet Thanos only adds to the stakes. I mean WHO else is capable enough of stopping Thanos from snapping other than the godlike hero? Adds so much more weight to the Dr. Strange "this is it, you are the reason we win" motion that has Tony sacrifice himself. Hulk was already wrecked in IW, don't think he'd stand a chance (at least without going World War Hulk, which obviously wasn't going to happen).

Now that I think of the Hulk, I am kind of bummed about never getting to see that Hulk busting out of an Iron Man suit scene that was teased as far back as A:AoU afaik?

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Now that I think about it, I need to share a little story regarding my screening of Endgame.

Before the movie actually started, we had to wait 10 full minutes ( they didn’t even compensate the delay with trailers and all ) in order to get everyone to go get their popcorn and all sorts of snacks and go to the toilets given how long the movie was going to last for, and once the movie finally starts, the audience realized that the movie wasn’t in 3D, and this screening was supposed to be in 3D. So a few minutes after the movie started, someone had to shut down the movie. Fortunately though, the movie restarted, this time in 3D. The whole audience was kind of hugely relieved, because they thought they weren’t able to see the movie due to some technical difficulty :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is like the second time in a row this happens, the first time it was when I saw Shazam and the exact same thing happened.

I once went to what I thought was a 3D movie by myself. Turns out I bought ticket for a 2D movie so I end up feeling like an idiot for being the only one in the room putting on the 3D glasses the moment the 2D movie starts.

longdi

Banned
I guess time travel tech is the get out of jail card in MCU going forward?

Still trying to reconcile CM OP, i guess fusing with an infinity stone energy makes you very powerful in MCU?

Btw rewatching Thor 3 end credit, thanos ship looks way way bigger.

Last edited:
I don't get why people get so worked up about her.
but there is no denying that she is supposed to be this OP character

You answered your own question. She's nowhere near Hulk's level in the comics, yet she's the strongest character in the MCU because feminism.

It almost feels like some moments in final battle that would have made sense for Hulk for given to Captain Marvel

Yes. Yes. I was just thinking about this.

The moment Captain Marvel has her close up fight with Thanos then getting launched across the planes could have been a Hulk moment. When she tears through the ship could have been a Hulk moment.......Giant Man could have launched him.........

I think Disney shoe horned Captain Marvel in and forced the Russo Brothers to change....what would have been some awesome stuff.

I am so gutted that the set up of Hulk getting beat by Thanos and making Hulk scared..........HAD NO FUCKING PAY OFF.......WTF?

Last edited:
I’m seeing Grace Randolph take heat for her non-spoiler review because she immediately says “don’t worry this is completely spoiler free” and then proceeds to mention time travel and Logan multiple times as points of plot comparison

What do you think? Is that a true spoiler? I knew it was a theory going in but I didn’t know for sure that was what we were gonna get

Last edited:

Raph64

Because se represents the first female superhero in movies ever. Ever. And people need to know that.

I’m fine with female superheroes. In fact, I’d love to see more of them in the future.

The problem with Captain Marvel is that she doesn’t bring anything at all to the story. I’m all in for a female superhero in a group of male superheroes, but her presence has to advance the story.

In her case, she clearly didn’t. And that just sad considering the potential she had.

The more I think about it, there’s a lot more I wish I had seen from numerous characters but I guess it’s just only so much screentime to go around and I understand why the main OGs get the play

JimiNutz

Banned
I have faith in the future phases assuming they are going to be integrating Fantastic Four and X-Men at some point

This is what I'm waiting for.
My favourite part of Marvel has always been the X-Men and Spider-Man. We've finally got Spider-Man in the MCU (hopefully for longer than the original 5 picture deal because that's finished now?) but I think we are going to be waiting a long time for the X-Men unfortunately.

This is what I'm waiting for.
My favourite part of Marvel has always been the X-Men and Spider-Man. We've finally got Spider-Man in the MCU (hopefully for longer than the original 5 picture deal because that's finished now?) but I think we are going to be waiting a long time for the X-Men unfortunately.

Yeah.

Right now I’m on board for Spidey movies and GOTG3 for sure. I’ll be interested in where they take BP moving forward and what his next villain will be. But I’m ready for more truly new blood in the MCU and hopefully some fresh tones/themes.

The Hermit

First the bad:

All Cap Marvel scenes. Too wooden and she is so powerful that even Thanos was shorthanded. Thankfully it all takes only 5 minutes.

That forced female sequence. Only because it was too forced, otherwise it was an ok action scene.

The good : It was MCU Ultimate ( that's the subtitle here in Brazil actually). Everyone is here! Callbacks to almost all past movies, the more people are invested in the MCU, the better it gets. Since I was very invested, I loved it a lot, a lot of scenes people were hoping or even meme-ing actually happened.

Conclusion: a proper send off to the MCU ( at least for me). I don't like the direction it's being hinted at, and since my favorite characters are gone, I don't think I am gonna miss it.

Obs: since Gunn is back at Guardians of the Galaxy 3, I might return to it. I liked what they did to Thor in this movie.

Top Bottom