• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just keep thinking on how are they going to make another movie after this, i mean, how could Thanos or the Avengers survive this showdown, what exactly would be the reason.

I would assume some will fall, some will survive. Second movie would be called The New Avengers.

NimbusD

This team up is way more exciting than the first two avengers. I'm excited! Even wish it was 2 movies as originally planned.

Speely

Banned
Oh no, they're totally screwed too. Everyone is screwed when it comes to Thanos.

However I don't think that people are really expecting Hawkeye or Black Widow in particular to try going toe-to-toe with Thanos himself. They'll probably be dealing with the Black Order or whatever other sorts of minions Thanos brings along with him.

In contrast, Peter is Spider-Man... who happens to be Marvel's biggest superhero. He might not be a big role in the film as a whole, but you can bet they'll throw in some big moment where he faces either Thanos or a very high-ranking servant of his because of that. And audiences will probably expect a matchup like that to happen in the film.

And as it's been said before, Peter is currently being portrayed as being incredibly inexperienced and green to the superhero business. He has powers, but he lacks the sort of experience that Hawkeye and Black Widow both at least have when it comes to dealing with Avengers-level threats.

This. Neither Hawkeye nor Black Widow are likely to be doing much other than support fighting because they know their limits and are professionals. Peter is both impetuous (famously) and has a power set that supercedes his good sense/experience. Combine that with the fact that Tony is basically an aloof-but-caring father figure to him in the MCU... I see it completely.

Davide

Love the MCU but I really don't know yet why I should be interested by Thanos. Just being completely powerful sounds boring.

A few (spoilery?) things I noticed from the trailer that I don't see many talking about:

1) The description for the trailer from D23 was that "Loki presents the Tesseract to someone." It is very likely that he is finally delivering on his promise from Avengers 1 to provide the Tesseract to Thanos. After all, "there is no crevice" where Thanos wouldn't have found him.

2) The shot right before we see a close-up of Gamora looks to be the Collector's place. I assume this is how/where Thanos gets the Aether.

3) The shot of Vision behind bars is actually pretty clever as it covers up his forehead. I think this suggests the possibility that Vision survives the loss of the Mind stone. If the stone is what gives him his powers, without it that would suggest why he is behind bars (and thus cannot escape).

4) In the final shot where Thanos is pulling the moon down, his fist is glowing blue but just as he throws there is a glint of purple, which suggests he also is in possession of the Power Stone / Orb from GOTG1. It would make sense that he needs both Power and Space in order to pull down a moon.

Kelsdesu

facebook link just went down as I was watching it. Half way through lol.

damage-control-header-700x310.jpg

In full effect.

Do you not see what he's up against? He's a little 15 year old fighting a god.

Yuuuup.

And to put it in even greater context, here's Peter's track record in the MCU so far:

• A bout against other Avengers (namely Captain America, Falcon, Bucky and Ant-Man) where none of Peter's opponents were trying to kill him and Cap in particular was taking it easy on him
  • Two incarnations of the Shocker (aka ground-level thugs with some advanced tech)
  • Michael "The Vulture" Keaton

He's never been a part of anything like the Battles of New York, D.C. or Sokovia. His first real taste of an Avengers-level threat is going to be going against Thanos.

Speely

Banned
Yuuuup.

And to put it in even greater context, here's Peter's track record in the MCU so far:

• A bout against other Avengers (namely Captain America, Falcon, Bucky and Ant-Man) where none of Peter's opponents were trying to kill him and Cap in particular was taking it easy on him
  • Two incarnations of the Shocker (aka ground-level thugs with some advanced tech)

He's never been a part of anything like the Battles of New York, D.C. or Sokovia. His first real taste of an Avengers-level threat is going to be going against Thanos.

Oh damn. I hadn't really considered this. He's gonna be shook.

The Kree

Banned
Me and a friend were just arranging the Avengers like an RPG party. We put Wanda and Strange in the third row casting heals, buffs, and summons. Cap, Hulk, and Vision in the front row facetanking to build limit breaks faster. Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Rocket in the middle row for for ranged support.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's Spidey landing on at 2:25?

Who throws the spear (Proxima Midnight? Shuri?) and catches it at 2:31 (Cap? Wall tiling looks different in size from when he emerges from the shadows in the clip a few seconds later)?

Yuuuup.

I hope the movie doesn't have Tony personally recruit him to help them fight Thanos cuz that would be the biggest irresponsible thing Tony will ever do in his life. I know Tony makes a lot of mistakes but that would be way out of character for him to do that.

Yuuuup.

He also easily handled Bucky and falcon, two top level vets. Wierd how you omitted that.

So is Loki a good guy now? I'd be pretty happy about it. Probably just a "our interests align for now" kind of thing.

And why is Black Widow's hair silver???

I hope the movie doesn't have Tony personally recruit him to help them fight Thanos cuz that would be the biggest irresponsible thing Tony will ever do in his life. I know Tony makes a lot of mistakes but that would be way out of character for him to do that.

Not sure why he wouldn't get him. They need every super they can get. If they lose, Peter's dying anyways, along with everyone else on Earth.

He also easily handled Bucky and falcon, two top level vets. Wierd how you omitted that.

Two top level vets who, as I mentioned before, weren't out to kill him. The only reason I specifically referred to Cap taking it easy on Peter is because he's the only one that Tony explicitly mentions as doing so in Homecoming.

It's not a stretch to wager that Bucky and Falcon were also taking it easy on Peter too. Not to mention that Falcon also caught Peter off-guard at the end of their little bout too. Or that Peter also "botched the landing" when he helped bring down Giant-Man and was then promptly deemed out for the count by Tony.

Nah it would be more irresponsible to leave him by him self when something like this is going down .
Would think Tony would rather keep his eyes on him and order him around so he won't get into to much trouble.

Not sure why he wouldn't get him. They need every super they can get. If they lose, Peter's dying anyways, along with everyone else on Earth.
Or maybe he feels he has enough heroes to handle Thanos. Idk. Tony has made it clear he doesn't want another dead body on his conscious.

Two top level vets who, as I mentioned before, weren't out to kill him. The only reason I specifically referred to Cap taking it easy on Peter is because he's the only one that Tony explicitly mentions as doing so in Homecoming.

It's not a stretch to wager that Bucky and Falcon were also taking it easy on Peter too. Not to mention that Falcon also caught Peter off-guard at the end of their little bout too. Or that Peter also "botched the landing" when he helped bring down Giant-Man and was then promptly deemed out for the count by Tony.

Peter was definitely out of his element, but he bodied Bucky and Falcon pretty handily. Just got caught up running his mouth and not minding his Spidey sense in the end. Bucky throws a haymaker at him, and regardless of how easy you think he was taking it or not, Peter should (and did) catch that and throw it to the side effortlessly. Aside from maybe Vision, he's physically the strongest character in the airport. Cap's just a better fighter.

Tldr; he's inexperienced as shit, as seen in CW and Homecoming, but the kid just needs to keep getting his feet wet.

Or maybe he feels he has enough heroes to handle Thanos. Idk. Tony has made it clear he doesn't want another dead body on his conscious.

He doesn't have enough heroes, though. You can never have enough heroes against Thanos. I'm sure at some point he realizes this and turns to the 15 year old "break in case of emergency".

The more responsible thing to do would be to recruit Luke Cage.

But I digress.

Pls.

black070

It's interesting that the spotlight is on everyone but Cap's side from Civil War. Kudos to them for setting and sticking to that status quo, it just makes the whole dynamic that much more interesting.

Oh damn. I hadn't really considered this. He's gonna be shook.

Yuuuuuup. At this rate, Peter's going to be having his own "Tony in IM3" arc in the next Spidey solo film.

I don't disagree that it'd be the most irresponsible decision in Tony's life, but again- this is Thanos that they're dealing with here.

I can see why Tony might ultimately cave in and decide to bring Peter in on this particular threat. Literally everything is at stake and it's not like Peter isn't in danger even if he weren't participating in the fight.

Top Bottom