• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

Sadist

Except Richards. Richards!!!
One of the best parts of Secret Wars really.

Susan being Doom's wife, not having any idea who Reed is and out of the blue for Doom Reed appears with the other survivors. And Susan sees him and says: "I have never met this man, but there is something about him". Doom's face was amazing.

Also:

RICHARDS

Maker: "Is he talking to me? I don't care for his tone."
Maximus: "Oh believe me, he's certainly not talking to you"

Was cool seeing a shot from Edinburgh in there (the one with Scarlet Witch and the exploding van). Seeing them film stuff for like 2 months was pretty sweet.

I live in Edinburgh if that wasn't obvious enough.

GOTG 2 spoilers:
He can't do that no more

who knows, maybe
the time they hold the orb in GoTG 1 give them some permanent power up, they're a lot more durable in GoTG 2. Drax basically survive a plane crash from space only to laugh it up.

no way gotg 1 Drax can survive that when he barely make it out alive from fighting Ronan without infinity stone.

Gamora in the first film also never showed she had the strength to pick up the huge cannon she used to blast Nebula

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
get a Marvel Unlimited 1 month sub or something and go nuts

edit: damn you The Kree, your race is stupid anyway.

I read his FF and was planning to move straight to his Avengers (got the omnibus). Is that Ultimate comics section in between essential reading? I have Ultimate Thor, should I read the rest of that list? I'm even contemplating rereading FF before moving onto Avengers.

jph139

I read his FF and was planning to move straight to his Avengers (got the omnibus). Is that Ultimate comics section in between essential reading? I have Ultimate Thor, should I read the rest of that list? I'm even contemplating rereading FF before moving onto Avengers.

The Ultimate universe and some of it's characters (such as the Maker) become somewhat prominent near the end of the Avengers run. You can skip the Ultimate stuff and just sort of roll with it when it pops up - it's easy enough to figure out from context - but it'll give you a lot more context.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The Ultimate universe and some of it's characters (such as the Maker) become somewhat prominent near the end of the Avengers run. You can skip the Ultimate stuff and just sort of roll with it when it pops up - it's easy enough to figure out from context - but it'll give you a lot more context.

Oh okay. I'll probably track those essentials down then. I'm now considering a big read that includes the entire Abnett Cosmic saga, then re-read Hickman FF and end with the Avengers omni. I remember there being some Cosmic references in the FF run that'll probably make more sense if I read WoK before.

Altazor

Oh okay. I'll probably track those essentials down then. I'm now considering a big read that includes the entire Abnett Cosmic saga, then re-read Hickman FF and end with the Avengers omni. I remember there being some Cosmic references in the FF run that'll probably make more sense if I read WoK before.

I'm doing that exact same thing right now (currently reading issue #13 of Hickman's Avengers, having finished Abnett and Lanning's Cosmic Marvel and Hickman's FF run).

I'd say go for it. Abnett and Lanning's stuff was incredible (with some minor, non-DnA related hiccups or shortcomings) and I regret NOTHING.

Hickman's stuff in FF felt like a spiritual sequel/spinoff to War of Kings actually. If the Cosmic storyline continued with Realm of Kings and The Thanos Imperative, then certain elements had their "followup" in Hickman's FF.

PSqueak

Banned
His DNA does not suddenly revert to all human just because Ego no longer exist. He may not be able to do energy ball tricks anymore but for better or worse, he's still half-celestial.

Still,
What made him special compared to all the millions of children Ego killed is that he could harness the power Ego had at his core, which is implied that is what made him withstand the power stone, since Ego is dead, he's most likely not able to withstand it anymore.

The Kree

Banned
Still,
What made him special compared to all the millions of children Ego killed is that he could harness the power Ego had at his core, which is implied that is what made him withstand the power stone, since Ego is dead, he's most likely not able to withstand it anymore.
There's always the possibility that Ego was bluffing about that out of desperation.

AndersK

All this is doing is reminding me Gotg 2 is hitting UHD soon and I'm stuck with a Ps4 pro. Doom would've been a prick about it, but he'd have made a premium console with a UHD drive

Are they going to put this out or what? Waiting for a decent version.

Russo already said no

“You know, all I can say is that when the footage comes out we want it to be exactly right,” Russo told ComicBook.com. “So we are taking our time and working on that footage because, as you can imagine, the levels of visual effects in these movies are unprecedented and there are certain things in this footage at Comic-Con that works specifically for a Comic-Con audience. But when we go wide, to a wide audience, we have to make sure that footage works for a wide audience.

AndersK

As you all know, Thanos has the potato. You can't get the trailer while he holds the potato. This is some meta shit.

Also, Punished Cap is my new favorite term.

Replicant

Still,

I disagree. He wasn't even with Ego or connected to him other than via DNA when he was holding the purple stone. Whatever power that kept Peter alive back in GotG, it was purely due to his mixed DNA rather than because of direct connection with Ego like when he was on Ego's planet. Also, the fact that he could harness the power of Ego while his other children can't means that he has something special in him and not solely reliant on his power. Otherwise he'd end up like the rest of those children.

Probably not. There will likely be a teaser trailer with Ragnarok.

Nah, they should put at the end of Ragnarok's credits, just like they did with First Avenger. I feel like the first bit with Thor meeting the Guardians might make a bit more sense than to see it ahead of the movie. Then they can release an Official Trailer with Black Panther.

Davide

Yes it does, lol. This dumb narrative that Ultron is trash has got to end. It's good and watchable, with great character stuff, an engaging villain, and entertaining action. A middling Marvel film.
The character stuff is pretty important too.

I only just realized this is the first year to have more than two MCU films per year, next year will follow.

2014 (Winter Soldier, Guardians), 2016 (Civil War, Dr Strange), and 2017 (Guardians 2, Spider-Man, Thor) really stand out as the best years for the MCU as far as multiple hits per year go.

Top Bottom