• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

Marvel doesn't need hype like DC does right now.
The narrative that DC is desperate falls flat when their movies are making huge bucks even if they are outright critically panned.

We will talk about them being desperate if their movies start flopping left and right.

Marvel is downright stupid for making people wait for a fucking trailer. Why the hell did they even show it in the first place. Fuck this exclusivity bullshit.

The day that people stop going to superhero movies will be a very sad day.

Honestly? I'm done after that. The joy of sharing these funnybooks with my children?
Seeing my daughter's face after I sent her the JL and Thor 3: The Ragnarok trailer? Holy shit..I'm a happy camper..

The narrative that DC is desperate falls flat when their movies are making huge bucks even if they are outright critically panned.

We will talk about them being desperate if their movies start flopping left and right.

Marvel is downright stupid for making people wait for a fucking trailer. Why the hell did they even show it in the first place. Fuck this exclusivity bullshit.

Nobody said they were desperate. It behooves them to build a fan base for their films coming off the very recent success of Wonder Woman. Releasing their trailer online now makes perfect sense.

Erv

I think DC is definitely on the right track to getting people hyped for their movies but I really do feel that after the huge disappointment that was BvS they still need to do things to hype people up. After the financial success of suicide squad and critical Acclaim of wonder woman they are on the come up.
And even though Marvel is dominating they should still release this trailer for the fans.

Ashhong

Nobody said they were desperate. It behooves them to build a fan base for their films coming off the very recent success of Wonder Woman. Releasing their trailer online now makes perfect sense.

Think he was referring to their universe as a whole, not just in regards to exclusive trailers

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think he said "Hide from it, run from it, death still arrives"

But I could be hearing it wrong.

The second line is 100% "Run from it."
The third is 100% "Destiny still arrives.".
The first is very indistinct but I think he's saying "Let it.". It can't be "Hide from it." because it's two syllables.

It looks like Peter got the worse of it considering he's still a teenager. Thanos literally grabs him by the neck and in the next scene Peter tells Tony that he's sorry. Thanos probably incapacitated him. This may be the first Marvel movie that really goes dark and it was much needed.

I remember the days when we were just glad to get 1 Superhero film a year. Now we're just spoiled!

Or one a decade.

justice-league-movie-dkusv.jpg

Dynomutt

Honestly? I'm done after that. The joy of sharing these funnybooks with my children?
Seeing my daughter's face after I sent her the JL and Thor 3: The Ragnarok trailer? Holy shit..I'm a happy camper..

You are a lucky man. That must be awesome to have someone to share these movies with! I'm jealous in a completely good way lol! This movie is going to be a roller coaster ride.

Hoping my local theater does the triple feature!

LionPride

Banned
Tell my ass ten years ago or fuck even five, that I would definitely get to see a movie with Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Cap, BP, Bucky, the GotG, Doctor Strange, and anyone else versus Thanos as they all get their shit pushed in....

I'd call you a fucking liar

The first is very indistinct but I think he's saying "Let it.". It can't be "Hide from it." because it's two syllables.

He says:

"Fight it, run from it, destiny still arrives!"

- J - D -

I really hope the act of killing off everyone won't just be a perfunctory setup for the next movie. Let's be honest, while the Avengers movies are fun, any considerable obstacle or tragic event is really just a lesson teaching the disparate capes to work together as a team.

Having Thanos wreck house just for the Avengers to rally in Infinity War pt 2 (or whatever it'll be called) and kick his ass is some pretty rote stuff by now, only this time it's stretched across 4-5 hours of film.

FeD.nL

Not really though. It's all about timing and with Marvel having released 4 films between now and this time next year it's pretty crazy for their Marketing division to time it all. Can't have the general audience be burned out before the films even come out and Infinity War will make the money regardless so you have to make them excited for the other 3 first.

plushyp

Ugh, there's way too much insufferable Star Lord in this. Hope the movie doesn't give him too much spotlight and balances his appearances with the others. Glad to see Strange, BP and Cap though.

Watch a time rift happen that fucks up the whole timeline, as plot device for the second film. Like somehow Thanos stops Peter Quill from getting taken by Yondu, which leads to Peter going to MIT and getting hired by Stark, Rocket and Groot joining Yondus Ravager group + them getting hired by Thanos, Drax dead, Mantis still on Ego, Gamora+Nebula with Thanos, Cap and co captured with the added help of Quill in Civil War, etc. I'm not sure how powerful the time stone is, but I could see that happening. Like they truly believe they won, and Thanos warps time itself by changing one detail, and only Strange/Quill/ and maybe Marvel know.

It's not original, but it could be very interesting. I doubt it happens though.

Ugh, there's way too much insufferable Star Lord in this. Hope the movie doesn't give him too much spotlight and balances his appearances with the others. Glad to see Strange, BP and Cap though.

A big focus of the trailer is merging the Avengers and Guardians characters. Of course Star Lord will have a few lines.

plushyp

Lol at all these defensive reactions. Yes, I know its a teaser but its almost as funny as poor Finn just getting a shot of being unconscious in The Last Jedi.

Where y'all watching it at?
The streamable link in the OP is still up. Watch it while you can.

Watch a time rift happen that fucks up the whole timeline, as plot device for the second film. Like somehow Thanos stops Peter Quill from getting taken by Yondu, which leads to Peter going to MIT and getting hired by Stark, Rocket and Groot joining Yondus Ravager group + them getting hired by Thanos, Drax dead, Mantis still on Ego, Gamora+Nebula with Thanos, Cap and co captured with the added help of Quill in Civil War, etc. I'm not sure how powerful the time stone is, but I could see that happening. Like they truly believe they won, and Thanos warps time itself by changing one detail, and only Strange/Quill/ and maybe Marvel know.

That'd be pretty awesome

LOL if they beat DC to the punch with timeline fuckery

Plum

The only two MCU things I've seen are the original Avengers and Dr Strange. Guess this'll be my third, massive crossover clusterfucks like this are usually pretty good.

BvS literally has already had an alternate reality and a future Flash run back in time to change the past. Plus Enchantress showing possible changed timelines.

Do y'all even watch these films?

Enchantress did what, now?

(To be fair, my mind has repressed Suicide Squad from memory, mostly)

Seesaw15

BvS literally has already had an alternate reality and a future Flash run back in time to change the past. Plus Enchantress showing possible changed timelines.

Do y'all even watch these films?

Hmmm, I don't know if we can count that as timeline fuckery. If so then Scarlet Witch messing with the avengers mind in Ultron would count.

"You can fight it...you can run from it...but destiny still arrives"

Top Bottom