• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Revven

Bonesaw was originally going to go but I read that the person he was going with no longer was going and he was going to go on a bus ride with that person or something. Then he decided to look into taking a flight but then realized it was too expensive and he didn't want to fly to AGDQ alone so... he opted not to go to save the money. :(

One of my favorite times of the year. Sadly, my new office blocks twitch (and I'm not sure its connection is fast enough for streaming anyway), so I'll have to make do with replays of the business-hours action.

Who wants to see the 4th best Mario player in the world?

Edit: (Serious Reply) Sig doesn't run Mario anymore, he plays SSBM.
Cosmo is playing SSB4, probably won't ever touch his OOT any% time, and isn't competitive at WW anymore.

speedrunning->Smash natural progression confirmed /s

My friend is going to do a run in this marathon, he is going to do the new super marisa land run. Can't wait to see him playing live and the other runs too!

TUSR

Banned
I can't believe it's here again so soon. The lineup looks great this year.

Its nice to see lineups with a diverse set of games and runners. Im glad the community has grown to the point where its worthwhile to tune into almost every run.

The couch commentary should be a lot better this year.

SZips

I'm looking forward to it. I've watched this and SGDQ for the past couple of years now and have lost plenty of sleep each time. I've also started to follow quite a few entertaining streamers on Twitch as a result of these events.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
And remember, the marathon doesn't really end when they say it does. The casual streaming afterwards is always just as entertaining for me.

TUSR

Banned
And remember, the marathon doesn't really end when they say it does. The casual streaming afterwards is always just as entertaining for me.
Yeah the bonus stream is pretty relaxed and fun. People running whatever they want.

dmr87

A second monitor on the way and some time taken off from work, dis gun b gud. At least half of my Twitch time is dedicated to speedrunners.

0Ikb.gif

Btw, you don't want to miss the TASbot demonstration.

ec0ec0

*looks at the schedule*

F-Zero GX.... Staff Ghosts

:/ i wanted story mode. It's shorter and more fun.

edit: OOT run is at 2 am here...

emb

TASBot was really awesome last time it was in (when it worked correctly) so hopefully it's even more improved this time.
Last year set a high bar for my expectations, not sure how they'll top it. I'm excited for that, probably more than anything else. Just since many of the other runs I'm looking forward to are kinda... familiar I guess. With TASBot I have no idea right now what's going to happen.

LordAlu

I'm actually looking forward to there being less of the "more established" faces there as it's always good to see new speedrunners stepping up.

Also, GET HYPE!

Weetrick

I discovered AGDQ last year and was hooked. It didn't hurt that I was unemployed at the time! Can't wait to watch this year.

Oh cool a topic, really looking forward to this.

My girlfriend made a really cool Ridley plushie for a donation prize. Fucker is awesome and huge, like three feet tall.

Some more pictures here: http://metroidhat.com/ridley/ridleyplushgallery.html

it'll probably show up on stream around the 8th

this is incredible

Super amped for another year. Was considering attending some in person, but it didn't end up working out with my schedule.

best block, btw. though i'm also jacked about the addition of town with no name to awful games done quick

Kyou

That is AWESOME!

Could she make more? Does she have it down to a science?

That Ridley could be very popular...

It was an incredibly complex build (it actually has a pose-able skeleton inside) and it's actually rather expensive. She does commissions and she estimates that she'd charge something like 600 dollars to do the Ridley. It's really super elaborate for a plush toy. Also it doesn't show up well in the photos but it's made of velvet so it's like super swanky Ridley.

bgbball31

Aww yeah, hype!

I'm a little disappointed at some of the names missing (Spike specifically), but that just leaves room for some other great runners and personalities getting their time to shine.

Also, Puwexil FFVII in 3 hours? That should be... interesting.

Durante

Looking forward to this a lot.
Just saw that there is a Descent speedrun, that should be neat. Also They Bleed Pixels, which I'm looking forward to seeing since I played that game quite a bit and suck horribly at it :p

Top Bottom