• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Aeana

Aww yeah, hype!

I'm a little disappointed at some of the names missing (Spike specifically), but that just leaves room for some other great runners and personalities getting their time to shine.

Also, Puwexil FFVII in 3 hours? That should be... interesting.

It's not actually that interesting. He uses the Yuffie glitch, which skips most of the game.

G-Fex

Eh, the only ones i'm interesting in watching are Cubeface21, Adam AK and Capn Clever.

Probably skip the rest.

Glad that my wife and I have unlimited internet this year. We always exceeded our bandwith in previous years watching these speed runs. Looking forward to streaming this next week!

jabuseika

So many good games, so many good runners, looks like a great lineup.

Except for maybe a bunch of PC games getting the graveyard schedule... like always.

I'm worried twitch VOD and third party copyright claims muting everything in 30 minute blocks are going to kill this for me.

There are not really many things to watch and I'm busy next week but what I do want to watch is mostly stuck at bad times hence need the VOD.

Anyway popped into this thread just to share something @theyetee said which @humble retweeted:
https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/550416134130790401 said:
There’s one more #AGDQ2015 #sneakpeek. No images this time.
All I can say, is @humble.
You might remember that SGDQ had a bundle of some of the PC games ran which added to the donations for the stream. I guess that is coming back with a t-shirt tier (kind of like all the fangamer ones we've been seeing recently with humble bundles).

That day before they also tweeted next bundle is 4th Jan (which is more telling).

Im still salty about no 100% Crash 2 race by the 2 best runners of that category getting denied for any%. Also wanted 105% Crash 3 which is amazing to watch by Saboom.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, HYPE! Couldn't watch any of the last SGDQ but I'm so in there this time.
No Spike makes me sad though :-(

Evilmaus

I adore this event. Really looking forward to it this year! Even remembered to save a bit of cash so I can make a few donations.

gngf123

Just noticed that they have an inbounds Portal race. That should be great.

Shame about the time, but I should be awake for it.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Interested in:
Uncharted
inFamous
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Generations
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
Dark Forces II
Risky's Revenge
Goof Troop
All them Castlevanias
All them Zeldas
All them Marios
Binding of Isaac
Tetris
Shovel Knight
All them Mega Mans
Metroid Prime
Vanquish
Rising
Super Metroid 100% Race

TheMoon

Interested in:
Uncharted
inFamous
Crazy Taxi
Sonic Generations
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
Dark Forces II
Risky's Revenge
Goof Troop
All them Castlevanias
All them Zeldas
All them Marios
Binding of Isaac
Tetris
Shovel Knight
All them Mega Mans
Metroid Prime
Vanquish
Rising
Super Metroid 100% Race

How are you not interested in the DKCTF run! =O

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
DKC Tropical Freeze is the first one up!!!

Awesome, time to make my own schedule of games to watch! I LOVE AGDQ Week!

Raw64life

I had been on Twitch before but didn't really get the appeal of this until I watched AGDQ 2013 a couple of years ago. Now I visit the site damn near every day.

baphomet

Oh hell yes. Have surgery next week and I'll be home for basically the entire week. This will give me something to watch.

Revven

We're doing what we're interested in watching lists? Well, might as well seeing as we're two days away and I have nothing else better to do.

I'm interested in (this includes runs I've already seen before):

DKCTF
DKC2
Banjo Kazooie
Mario Kart Wii
Diddy Kong Racing
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
inFamous Festival of Blood
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Generations
Sonic Heroes
All the F-Zeros (but mostly X and GX)
Goof Troop
The Castlevanias (they're always good to watch)
Zeldas
Kaizo Mario World
Marios in general
Battletoads Arcade version
Alien vs Predator Arcade
The 2D Sonic games (mainly Sonic Advance 1 and 2 as I've never seen full speedruns of those)
Mischief Makers
Kirby Super Star
Mega Mans
Ninja Gaiden (always, ALWAYS so good and because it's a relay race this will be even more awesome)
Punch-Outs (both Wii and the NES version)
Batman
GTA Vice City
Pilotwings 64
Pokemon
Vanquish
MGR (which is actually the Sam DLC)
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Dark Souls 2

And... that's pretty much it. That's a lot I want to watch but I usually try to watch the whole marathon (at least during the day time) anyway so I'll definitely be watching more than that list.

TUSR

Banned
I'm worried twitch VOD and third party copyright claims muting everything in 30 minute blocks are going to kill this for me.

There are not really many things to watch and I'm busy next week but what I do want to watch is mostly stuck at bad times hence need the VOD.

Anyway popped into this thread just to share something @theyetee said which @humble retweeted:

You might remember that SGDQ had a bundle of some of the PC games ran which added to the donations for the stream. I guess that is coming back with a t-shirt tier (kind of like all the fangamer ones we've been seeing recently with humble bundles).

That day before they also tweeted next bundle is 4th Jan (which is more telling).

The VODs are going to be uploaded to YouTube in addition to the normal Twitch ones.

TUSR

Banned
I just realized TheYetee is only donating $1 from every shirt this year, as opposed to $3 like last year.

Rannta

Banned
I've special interest in the sparkster mini-block: rka for genesis and sparkster for snes. I've sparkster for snes and is great. I've been playing rocket knight adventures for genesis... in children difficulty (very easy)... and it's hard.

Blakynt

Banned
there is some really cool speed runs this year, megaman 7, UC1,tropical freeze nice, this is going to be one non productive start of the year

I just realized TheYetee is only donating $1 from every shirt this year, as opposed to $3 like last year.
I thought it was different too. Usually I buy a shirt, but I don't like the designs and with less of the money going to charity it makes it easier to pass up buying one this year.

TUSR

Banned
I thought it was different too. Usually I buy a shirt, but I don't like the designs and with less of the money going to charity it makes it easier to pass up buying one this year.

There are a lot more shirts they haven't shown yet.

afPqYpR.jpg
rq4XJHF.jpg

3UVz0RI.jpg
4kZcx4E.jpg

nrK1wMM.jpg
EADeIZg.jpg

QtMQXMv.jpg
BMp9js7.jpg

ec0ec0

TU SR, you're a SM64 speed runner... maybe you know why we don't have a SM64 speedrun, WHY!? ;_;

edit:
I don't get why people are into speedruns. I play games for fun and doing a speedrun is no fun at all.

for this event, you don't need to enjoy doing speedruns yourself. You can just watch. It will (hopefully) be fun :)

Sianos

I don't get why people are into speedruns. I play games for fun and doing a speedrun is no fun at all.
Speedrunning is a challenge of ingenuity, practice, and execution, often mixed into with a performance aspect for the show. Some people enjoy the zen of grinding out the perfect route and perfecting their skills.

It's absolutely fine to be a casual gamer. Just enjoy and watch the show (and donate)!

TheMoon

Ever played a racing game with a time trial mode or similar? It's that just more extreme. Of course it's fun. Doesn't mean it's fun for everyone. It shouldn't really be hard to see why / how some enjoy going this deep into a game.

I missed almost the entire thing last summer. I will not make that mistake this time.

You know you can rewatch the whole thing on youtube, right?

Murkrow

Banned
Speedrunning is a challenge of ingenuity, practice, and execution, often mixed into with a performance aspect for the show. Some people enjoy the zen of grinding out the perfect route and perfecting their skills.

It's absolutely fine to be a casual gamer. Just enjoy and watch the show (and donate)!

I am not a casual gamer, I like challenges. I played Dark Souls on SL1 through NG+6. I like challenges because it makes the game more fun. But I see really no fun in finishing a game as fast as possible. You play video games to play them and not to finish them off as quick as possible.

And I am not going to donating anything at all. I'm not that naïve to think that money might help the world. It's money in the first place that causes problems in this world.

You need money to help. <--- Right there that's a problem. And I am not going to support a system which believes that money could save the world, it destroys it.

Nyoro SF

I am not a casual gamer, I like challenges. I played Dark Souls on SL1 through NG+6. I like challenges because it makes the game more fun. But I see really no fun in finishing a game as fast as possible. You play video games to play them and not to finish them off as quick as possible.

What constitutes playing a game on speed is not dictated by you.

Also nearly all speedrunners have beaten the game in question normally before trying to push it to its absolute limit. They are the biggest fans of said game.

TUSR

Banned

And I am not going to donating anything at all. I'm not that naïve to think that money might help the world. It's money in the first place that causes problems in this world.

You need money to help. <--- Right there that's a problem. And I am not going to support a system which believes that money could save the world, it destroys it.

Keep this discussion out of here.

Don't like charity marathons or speed running, don't post here.

Top Bottom