• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in my Play: A Podcast for Nostalgic Gamers (New Episodes Every Sunday)

Also some bad/good news, looks like I tracked down another Neo Geo machine to replace my old one. Going to need to bring some Neo Geo episodes to the show soon!

Def Jukie

Windjammers/Neo Turf Masters double feature

Jennifer-Lawrence-Oscars-GIF-4.gif

Finally found a good Genesis!

Much more Genesis goodness coming to the BackinmyPlay podcast.

(auction picture, I roll with a 32" Trinitron)

Def Jukie

Nice. Does your Wega support component? If so, you should really look into getting one of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XSSDPO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Genesis A/V out is seriously shit. Component is a huge increase in quality and doesn't require any modding like S-Video does on the Genesis.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52606974&postcount=1594

That scart to component also work on the SNES SCART cable?

I might hold off, I ordered a XRGB Frameister. It is waiting for me at my buddies house in Japan.

Def Jukie

That scart to component also work on the SNES SCART cable?

I might hold off, I ordered a XRGB Frameister. It is waiting for me at my buddies house in Japan.

Yeah. It should work for any system that supports RGB. The SNES, Genesis and Saturn all support RGB with no mods to the systems.

Went on a mini Genesis binge on ebay last night. Got all of these complete in box:

• Sub Terreria (never played)
  • MERCS
  • Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  • Aladdin
  • Mutant League Football Sega
  • Strider
  • Rocket Knight Adventures

Will hit up the flea market again this weekend and see if I can find some more stuff.

Neifirst

Went on a mini Genesis binge on ebay last night. Got all of these complete in box:

• Sub Terreria (never played)
  • MERCS
  • Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  • Aladdin
  • Strider

Will hit up the flea market again this weekend and see if I can find some more stuff.

ooooh...Ghouls N Ghosts was the game my brother and I got along with the Genesis for Christmas back in 1989. It was a complete surprise as we had both asked for Game Boys. That was the only one from the series that I ever beat playing through twice. I recall being really disappointed in Super Ghouls N Ghosts on SNES because you didn't have a vertical throw, but I may be misremembering.

ooooh...Ghouls N Ghosts was the game my brother and I got along with the Genesis for Christmas back in 1989. It was a complete surprise as we had both asked for Game Boys. That was the only one from the series that I ever beat playing through twice. I recall being really disappointed in Super Ghouls N Ghosts on SNES because you didn't have a vertical throw, but I may be misremembering.

EXACTLY! I was blown away when I saw that in the Gamecenter CX play through of the Mega Drive game.

Yes man do an episode on the genesis X-Men game. Such a bizarre game. I was stumped for years on that game.

• [*]Sub Terreria (never played)
  • MERCS
  • Ghouls 'N Ghosts
  • Aladdin
  • Strider

Man I got this game as a gift so many years ago. I looked at that cover and thought it was the stupidest game. Played it for twenty minutes and got super annoyed at it's difficulty and super tight controls. I hated this kinda game growing up. It's funny looking back now and finding out that a lot of people actually loved the shit out of it.

Yes man do an episode on the genesis X-Men game. Such a bizarre game. I was stumped for years on that game.

Man I got this game as a gift so many years ago. I looked at that cover and thought it was the stupidest game. Played it for twenty minutes and got super annoyed at it's difficulty and super tight controls. I hated this kinda game growing up. It's funny looking back now and finding out that a lot of people actually loved the shit out of it.

I guess I will find out. Like you, I have just heard a lot of people praise the game. It was only $8, so I won't have too much regret.

Genesis arrived this morning! Heading to the local game shop to see if I can find the Genesis version of Zombies ate my Neighbors.

Yep! And I am oddly enjoying it more. The music is less unsettling and I love having the map on the screen at all times. With that being said, the implementation on the genesis version could be a bit more streamlined.

Yep! And I am oddly enjoying it more. The music is less unsettling and I love having the map on the screen at all times. With that being said, the implementation on the genesis version could be a bit more streamlined.

Tomorrow's conversation should be good, since this is the first time we don't all love the music.

oatmeal

Banned
Just finishing up now...good stuff!

Although, I have to ask...why are you comparing Streets of Rage 2 (Which was like 1 but a lot more refined) to Final Fight 1?

Why not compare Final Fight 2? It's a much more polished game.

Just finishing up now...good stuff!

Although, I have to ask...why are you comparing Streets of Rage 2 (Which was like 1 but a lot more refined) to Final Fight 1?

Why not compare Final Fight 2? It's a much more polished game.

Because Kevin wanted to lower the boom on Final Fight. The case would be dismissed by any retro game judge, if you ask me.

ShadyJ

Hey guys, this is becoming my favourite podcast to listen to every week.

EAGERLY awaiting a Resident Evil 1/2/3 podcast :)

Resident Evil 1 was the game that got me back into console gaming at 13, since then ive amassed a collection of RE games and could talk your ears off about my experiences.

Would be AWESOME to be on that episode if you ever accept a guest on every now and then.

Also, I owned a SEGA CD when i was 12 Kev. Pretty crappy addon but what you NEED for that system would be Sonic CD & Mortal Kombat CD those were bloody awesome.

Because Kevin wanted to lower the boom on Final Fight. The case would be dismissed by any retro game judge, if you ask me.

It's probably his SEGA loyalty bullshit.

Not loyal at all, I just need to balance things out a little bit as Trey and Josh are admitted fans of Nintendo, and since I had a Genesis at the time, that is how I felt.

But you are 100% right on the Final Fight 2 thing. We will have to do that very soon. Maybe even SoR3 which is a decline in the series.

Resident Evil 1 was the game that got me back into console gaming at 13, since then ive amassed a collection of RE games and could talk your ears off about my experiences.

Would be AWESOME to be on that episode if you ever accept a guest on every now and then.

Also, I owned a SEGA CD when i was 12 Kev. Pretty crappy addon but what you NEED for that system would be Sonic CD & Mortal Kombat CD those were bloody awesome.

I'd love to be on this Podcast

I think we are going to be offering the ability to send in your memories via MP3 or maybe call in. Still need to figure out what would work best.

Good news, we're covering Resident Evil in the not too distant future! I love that series to death, pun intended, I suppose. Thanks for listening!

ShadyJ

Good stuff.

They go for a song on the PSN, must have games from the PSX era.

If you want a REAL atmospheric tense experience you guys really need to play REmake on your GC or Wii.

Good stuff.

They go for a song on the PSN, must have games from the PSX era.

If you want a REAL atmospheric tense experience you guys really need to play REmake on your GC or Wii.

I've never played REmake; I really should as an RE fan. Isn't the core game changed a bit, though, like zombie placement and such?

Final Fight is one of three VC titles I bought that I had absolutely no fun with at all. Everything was so stiff and it was so hard. I never got past the second area.

Never played Zombies ate my Neighbors.

Will give this a listen either tonight or tomorrow.

Neifirst

I've never played REmake; I really should as an RE fan. Isn't the core game changed a bit, though, like zombie placement and such?

REmake goes well beyond changing enemy placement: there are entirely new sections of the mansion grounds to explore and they really flesh out some different story elements, as well as change the method for killing zombies permanently. It's incredibly scary to play through and IMO would be a fantastic candidate as the sole game for a future podcast. The Gamecube release is now 10 or 11 years old at this point.

Final Fight is one of three VC titles I bought that I had absolutely no fun with at all. Everything was so stiff and it was so hard. I never got past the second area.

Never played Zombies ate my Neighbors.

Will give this a listen either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks, also I encourage you to play ZAMN! and fall in love with its quirkiness.

Top Bottom