• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAFTA Games Awards twitter voted Red Dead Redemption 2 as the best game sequel ever

cormack12

Gold Member
It's really mad seeing how polarising RDR2 is. I remember well my first experience with it. The first mission rescuing Sadie, then the wagon into Valentine with its auto fail and me raging.

I came back for a second go and made some changes which completely changed the game for me.

1. Seperate the game into open world and missions. The missions are like little TV episodes where you're trying to play along, and are very specific. Anything else can be done in the open world.
2. Don't treat it like a TPS, the mechanics are much simpler. Aim, flick stick up, shoot. Get headshot. Profit.
3. Camp! The world is massive and I got burnt out thinking I had to make it to a settlement all the time. Camp, replenish your shit, cook.
4. Engage in the camp improvements and hunting. Use your binoculars to update your map with animal icons. Get into a routine of helping the camp chores before riding out (feeding horse, moving water, Cripps supplies), then upgrade your camp with skins and start saving up for your pouch improvements.
5. Doing all this will help you find so much just in the world (all the random events, the PoIs and Easter eggs).
6. Speak to your camp mates a lot. They give you a number of meaningful side quests.

Top Bottom