• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox Release date is being revealed on December 7

I don't think it will do very well on Xbox. Based on the PS5 performance, console gamers just aren't interested in this game. I think Game Pass it the only way it gets more than a week of traction on Xbox.
It basically shows that the priority larian took was right.
Huh? The game would sell much better day one than 3 months later at full price (assuming that's the plan).

Last edited:

Senua

I don't think it will do very well on Xbox. Based on the PS5 performance, console gamers just aren't interested in this game. I think Game Pass it the only way it gets more than a week of traction on Xbox.
Yup, such a shame so many miss out because of silly preconceived notions. I love CRPGs but I really think this game crosses over and would pull so many in with its quality if they only gave it a shot. More fool the ones who pass it by!

Fabieter

Huh? The game would sell much better day one than 3 months later at full price (assuming that's the plan).

It was also a month late on Playstation at fullprice and it still is on all platforms. This is worrying to ask for gp after begging for the game to even come out on the platform for months.

It was also a month late on Playstation at fullprice and it still is on all platforms. This is worrying to ask for gp after begging for the game to even come out on the platform for months.
So 4 months late. Of course you'll hear people asking for Game Pass with that late of a launch.

X-Wing

That's not on Larian though. Xbox should have dropped parity clause earlier.

Last edited:

Senua

I can’t see most Xbox players play this anyways, those who give it a shot will drop it real quick once they realize how bad the gameplay is.

Don’t @ me.

🏃🏻‍♂️💨

Talking Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Fabieter

So 4 months late. Of course you'll hear people asking for Game Pass with that late of a launch.

It's by far the best game that released on xbox this year (on all platforms actually) but the point is just buy the game and actually support an indie studio who did soo much better than all those billion and trillion dollar company's. If people can't than we deserve another crash like 40 years ago.

cireza

People talk like Game Pass is free and publishers don't get money when putting their games in it. How long will this false narrative be pushed exactly ? How did other subscription services make money until today if everything is considered "free" as you suggest ?

Xbox players also buy games physically or digitally, like every other players in the world you know. Might come as a surprise for some of you.

But I agree that Larian could put the game in Game Pass for free (for MS) to apologize for their poor work at porting the game to Xbox.

Last edited:

Murdoch

I love announcements of announcements.

I'm happy to announce that I'll be announcing my thoughts on their announcement after their announcement in December.

Stay tuned.

Senua

People talk like Game Pass is free and publishers don't get money when putting their games in it. How long will this false narrative be pushed exactly ? How did other subscription services make money until today if everything is considered "free" as you suggest ?

Xbox players also buy games physically or digitally, like every other players in the world you know. Might come as a surprise for some of you.

But I agree that Larian could put the game in Game Pass for free to apologize for their poor work at porting it to Xbox.
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

It's by far the best game that released on xbox this year (on all platforms actually) but the point is just buy the game and actually support an indie studio who did soo much better than all those billion and trillion dollar company's. If people can't than we deserve another crash like 40 years ago.
As amazing as the game is, it's not going to resonate with the console market in the same way. We've already seen it. Larian will have those expectations in mind with this release. That's probably why you see some Game Pass talk around the Xbox release. I don't think it'll happen, but if it did, I certainly don't think it would hit PC Game Pass, which would just cause controversy. I don't think it's worth it.

graywolf323

But I agree that Larian could put the game in Game Pass for free to apologize for their poor work at porting it to Xbox.
Cbs Fbi GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Fabieter

Or they should stop making xbox versions altogether if people don't want to support their games anyway.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
People are already seething at the thought of Xbox players getting this game for cheap. Personally, I don't see that happening, but the salt is always hilarious.

I think Larian would be smart to take the GP deal if it's good. No chance I'm buying this anytime in the next 6 months when I'm still working on Starfield. My plan is to buy it later after they've patched it for a while.

skit_data

Based on the PS5 performance, console gamers just aren't interested in this game.
It was the second most downloaded game for PS5 on PS Store in its release month both in US and Europe

Edit: and still in top 20 in October

Last edited:

Senua

Fredrik

I think Larian would be smart to take the GP deal if it's good. No chance I'm buying this anytime in the next 6 months when I'm still working on Starfield. My plan is to buy it later after they've patched it for a while.
I think I’ll go in on Steam during Christmas but it depends on how much Starfield I’m still playing.
A Gamepass release would be amazing, announced at the TGA where it’s winning everything.

Portugeezer

Not much time left in the year, I sense a stealth drop seeing as they wanted it to come by November.

Doesn't matter who it's on. If a game isn't day one on a console, expectations will be a lower price or in the case of Xbox, a possible Game Pass addition.
Nonsense, the game is still new. Gamepass is always possible if MS ups its initial offer (the leaked court documents showed a woefully low figure, especially now considering the known quality of the game)

Top Bottom