• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban-Age: Unwritten rules of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomGyver

3509u0x.jpg

Red

Are we allowed to request a temporary ban? I've found myself wasting a lot of time just sitting at home F5ing GAF lately and would be much less tempted to check the site if I couldn't post for a month or so. I haven't been very busy the past few weeks, but I think I'd be more motivated to do something if I eliminated what's become a huge distraction.

Kurtofan

Crunched said:
Are we allowed to request a temporary ban? I've found myself wasting a lot of time just sitting at home F5ing GAF lately and would be much less tempted to check the site if I couldn't post for a month or so. I haven't been very busy the past few weeks, but I think I'd be more motivated to do something if I eliminated what's become a huge distraction.
Be careful what you wish for.

Crunched said:

You'll just read and not post if you do that.

Red

vas_a_morir said:
You'll just read and not post if you do that.
Possibly, but there would be less incentive to view the site. It's not a huge deal either way, after finals week I'll be working nearly every day and won't have much time to waste. I was more curious than anything.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
epic additions :lol :lol

Crunched said:
block the website by editing the hosts file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\
open>notepad
127.0.0.1 www.neogaf.com

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Crunched said:
what difference would it make? you'd just use your alt account anyway.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Anyone hate the Ads on Imdb opens a a huge flash page and trys to play a trailer :lol

DoomGyver

Kentpaul said:
Anyone hate the Ads on Imdb opens a a huge flash page and trys to play a trailer :lol
I've seen a forum where 30 second youtube videos load. Full fledged youtube vids. smh

Kentpaul

Full Recovery said:
I've seen a forum where 30 second youtube videos load. Full fledged youtube vids. smh

They annoying 30 sec ads on gametrailer videos :lol

FirewalkR

From time to time some asshole creates an ad that will make a sound on mouse over, or even worse, a repetitive sound that goes on and on for a few seconds. Those are really annoying but fortunately I haven't seen them for a while. Other than that I don't even notice the ads.

Still, permaban for fistful seems harsh. Did you think of Natalie Portman, Evilore. Well, DID YOU???????? Don't you hear her crying??? *sighs*

And he made this nice Avatar avatar i'm using. :/

fanboi

Banned
FirewalkR said:
From time to time some asshole creates an ad that will make a sound on mouse over, or even worse, a repetitive sound that goes on and on for a few seconds. Those are really annoying but fortunately I haven't seen them for a while. Other than that I don't even notice the ads.

Still, permaban for fistful seems harsh. Did you think of Natalie Portman, Evilore. Well, DID YOU???????? Don't you hear her crying??? *sighs*

And he made this nice Avatar avatar i'm using. :/

He just wanted to get in your pants!

Kentpaul

They Msn emotion pack ads are the worse

"OMG"

"NO WAY"

playing as soon your mouse goes over it

bjork

Plywood said:
Also what is the policy on lamps?

I don't know the policy on it, but I do know that lamp posts generally shit up the wrassle threads any time there's a ppv for at least a page or two.

Ourobolus said:
I dunno, it's a bit harder to be a joke character in real life...

Not really. It's easy if you try.

As far as ads go, the only ones that ever bug me are the ones that obscure the dropdown box for the search function, but I can usually just close the window and come back, and the problem is solved.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
krioto said:
What facilitates the removal of the junior from my member?
Stop having sex with the kid you're apparently in right now?

...freak...

Metroid Killer said:
Wtf, for all these years I have allways seen the guy in Shouta's avatar sitting with his arms crossed, not a blue sleeved extended arm. It changes everything!!
GotohAV.png

Holy fuck, my mind is now blown. I totally saw him arms crossed until now! NOW I CAN'T GO BACK! :(

LosDaddie

Banned
Fistful deserved the (hilariously dished out) ban. Can't be a dipshit about GAF's money-maker with GAF's OWNER present and think you'll be safe. :lol

GAF isn't a democracy.

krioto said:
What facilitates the removal of the junior from my member?

Well you could quit your whining, Junior:D

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Metroid Killer said:
Wtf, for all these years I have allways seen the guy in Shouta's avatar sitting with his arms crossed, not a blue sleeved extended arm. It changes everything!!
GotohAV.png
Why... why would you do that to my brain???

Metroid Killer said:
GotohAV.png

You remember in Scanners how that guy's head exploded. I kind of feel like that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
bjork said:
I don't know the policy on it, but I do know that lamp posts generally shit up the wrassle threads any time there's a ppv for at least a page or two.
It's expected when people can't see, etc, etc. I'm still hoping for mod/admin clarification on this.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Plywood said:
It's expected when people can't see, etc, etc. I'm still hoping for mod/admin clarification on this.
What's a lamp post?

It seems I've changed the way we look at Neogaf forever...

If only we could make Shouta use this to turn everything back to the way things used to be.
usethisplease.jpg

bjork

RubxQub said:
What's a lamp post?

People ask for "lamp" to get linked to free streams of pay per views while they're going on. Usually like justin tv or whatever that site is. But the wrestling thread will turn into 30 guys talking about "it's dark" or whatever over and over.

Plywood said:

I'm assuming it's no different than asking for a PM in some photo thread or nsfw thread, which is generally not ok. Plus it's technically piracy, isn't it?

I was going to make an Arrested Development "I love... lamp" reference, but now that I know what it is, that would be inappropriate I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom