• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ban Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm glad he wasn't permed. At least he can cool off now. It's true that there are some posters here with opinions I find very vile. I just don't engage with them. Once you're back buddy, just ignore them.

Last edited:

Mistake

We have plenty of gay members on this forum. No one cares what people do in their personal lives, but what they do care about is having it shoved in their face nine ways through sunday.

That being said, gaf is now more about balance, and ejecting the political drama or social pressures that has infected the populace. Sure it gets clicks, but the cost is your humility

Facism

"baN mE"

Like bruv couldn't you just never log in again? You know, make the choice yourself instead of crying for someone to do it for you?

Peggies

Gold Member
season 3 hug GIF by Black Sails
Best pirate show ever!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Once again I find myself wondering how one individual's alleged offence DEMANDS to be catered to.

How can this not be taken as some sort of weird power-flex?

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

We have plenty of gay members on this forum. No one cares what people do in their personal lives, but what they do care about is having it shoved in their face nine ways through sunday.

That being said, gaf is now more about balance, and ejecting the political drama or social pressures that has infected the populace. Sure it gets clicks, but the cost is your humility
Having things a person doesn't like not hiding in the closet isn't having it shoved in their face. That's just bitching about seeing things they don't like.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Uh, am I missing something here?

If he wants to be permed, why won't the mods comply? Seems kinda not acceptable?

And don't give me the log out response. Some people just prefer to delete their accounts when they leave.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

If he wants to be permed, why won't the mods comply? Seems kinda not acceptable?

And don't give me the log out response. Some people just prefer to delete their accounts when they leave.
Sometimes it's better to give people a time out, to allow them to clear their head after they did a stupid.

Star-Lord

If you're at a point in your life where you need to delete your account in fear of relapsing and feeding your addiction once again, then you've already lost, my friend.

LordCBH

Since he’s banned he can go reeee over at the other place for those sweet sweet virtue signal points.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

It’s because of shit like this that you have more and more pride flags EVERYWHERE. Get used to it. Gays are better and they’re taking over the world. We will rule #gaysupremacy. #straightisold

I get the spirit of what you're saying, OP.

You shouldn't feel vilified for existing.

You and others aren't going to be forced into a closet again just because some people don't like awareness of your existence. There will be more pride flags for as long as there is the need.

spons

Gold Member
Gays are people like you and me, and just like everyone else there's no reason to put them on a pedestal for whatever reason.
I recognize this in the autism movement. I have autism and just want to be treated normally, indifferently.
As such, I really don't get the 'woke' movement. There's a lot of talking -about- me, rather than -with- me.
As for NeoGAF, don't confuse criticism of individuals as hate of an entire group. It's really not the same.

ManaByte

And yes in some of the hollywood related threads a lot of " anti woke" messages has been posted recently.

it's getting to the point where any movie/tv show thread isn't worth even posting in here due to that. It's only a couple posters and most of them are just parroting narratives they heard from some bearded or masked neo-Nazi on YouTube, but it's polluting any thread about any movie. Just look at the Prey thread and the mental gymnastics people in there are going through to label the movie as "woke".

Im in the middle with this shit. On one hand why do we need flags for sexuality? Its fucking dumb as shit. Why are there no flags for straight people? Cuz we're a majority? By that logic Gay people should not get any flags either since they are a majority over Trans. On the other hand its just a flag, who the fuck cares. No one complained about gay spray paints and what not in other video games before, why start now? Asking for a perm was stupid. No one is anti-gay. Also fuck Nexus for being a bunch of nerds. They allow the most vile shit on skyrim mods but a simple flag was a huge NO NO? Ridiculous.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
There’s a difference between thinking pride flags should be banned and people getting annoyed that someone was banned from a community for a mod that turned one into an American flag. The latter is not anti gay or anti LGBT at all. I personally don’t care about having pride flags in games and media, but some people can be both accepting of someone for their sexuality and also feel they’re being preached to. For those who feel that way it doesn’t mean they hate someone for their sexuality. Just recently a few baseball players were in hot water for not wearing a pride patch on their uniforms. Analysts trashed them for being hateful. Now maybe they are hateful. But maybe they didn’t want to wear them just out of principle, because people said they have to. That action in itself has no bearing on whether or not you’ll care for, love, and respect someone based on their sexuality. It’s totally irrespective of it.

Regardless, I’m sure people on here are anti gay. Every community in the internet is going to have some people who are anti everything. But one of the most popular people on this forum is trans, she’s beloved. Some very popular posters on here are gay. And most people treat them as they would anyone else. To me, that’s the sign of an accepting community, not drooling over flags.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
it's getting to the point where any movie/tv show thread isn't worth even posting in here due to that. It's only a couple posters and most of them are just parroting narratives they heard from some bearded or masked neo-Nazi on YouTube, but it's polluting any thread about any movie. Just look at the Prey thread and the mental gymnastics people in there are going through to label the movie as "woke".
All the wokeness complaining stuff is so one-dimensional and tired at this point. And yes, it's mostly received opinion from basement dwelling youtubers, for people who would rather watch outrage content about movies and shows than the movies and shows themselves.

What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Yeah
No, I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Whoa, whoa, oh
Whoa, whoa, oh
Oh, I don't know, what can I do?
What else can I say? It's up to you
I know we're one, just me and you
I can't go on
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Whoa, whoa, oh
Whoa, whoa, oh
What is love?
What is love?
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
I want no other, no other lover
This is our life, our time
If we are together, I need you forever
Is it love?
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
Yeah, yeah
Whoa, whoa, oh
Whoa, whoa, oh
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more (whoa, whoa)
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more (whoa, whoa)
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more
What is love?

Kev Kev

He accused mods and the entirety of GAF's users of being bigots, and then asked for a perm because of that. To give him what he wants would be like validating his claims. Mods may not agree with what I'm saying here, but that's how I would see it.

More interesting to me, is that you decide to call out mods, affectively aligning yourself with OP, rather than call out how ridiculous his claims are to begin with...

FluffySparklingGuillemot-max-1mb.gif

And yeah buddy, it really is as easy as logging out and not coming back. Not sure why you're going all "don't give me that" on the point. Perhaps because you know there really is no viable argument against that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom