• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Q3 Results - Youkai Watch Outgrossing Gundam

Sayah

Hardware is usually sold at either a small profit or a loss, the 3DS was being sold at a loss for most of its life.

That depends on the hardware then. I have a hard time believing the Wii of all things would be selling at a loss. It's not like it was using super advanced technology and outputting HD resolution.

That depends on the hardware then. I have a hard time believing the Wii of all things would be selling at a loss. It's not like it was using super advanced technology and outputting HD resolution.

It's not like they've been selling many Wiis recently. The past performance of the Wii is irrelevant to their current performance.

Busaiku

Operating income for Nintendo's FY2015 would not reflect Wii earnings during its peak years.

If most of its life ended in August 2012, when XL was launched, then yes.

It should be over a million worldwide; it sold around 300k in Japan on 3DS alone.

Coulda swore it wasn't making a profit until at least late 2013. Guess I was wrong, it was still likely a small profit.

jholmes

If Yokai Watch was on PS4 or Wii U, I'm sure The Pokemon Company would've been beyond ecstatic.

I don't know about that. Both series bring new customers to the 3DS hardware, and there's overlap in the fanbase so it's a way to win people over, too.

Top Bottom