• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco says make your voice heard if you want Project CARS 2 on Switch

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm reading this as "please spam our inboxes with 'release iM@S in the west requests'".

If you insist Cyrus Wesson.

xrnzaaas

Wishful thinking, besides SMS will have their hands full for months patching and improving this game and they also have at least one other full time project in production (and they're not a huge studio).

I'm reading this as "please spam our inboxes with 'release iM@S in the west requests'".

If you insist Cyrus Wesson.

Oh fuck, you just reminded me of another BN fuckery with the Nintendo crowd.

Remember Digimon World: re:digitize decode for 3DS? There was a petition to get hat localized. The petition did really well and got BN's attention IIRC. Then came Cyber Sleuth on Vita, so the creator of the petition decided to add that to it. Then all of the sudden, BN localize only Cyber Sleuth and I believe credited the petition as one of the main factors in making it happen. Notice they forgot something? I sure did.

Yeah, that really pissed me off, was so hyped for decode. :'(

Even if I wanted it on Switch I don't think I'd care to beg for it - don't Namco hires analysts to read the market anyway?

Either way I'd actually welcome the game on Switch. There isn't a "serious" racing title and I'd love one to play on the go, especially as 3DS and Vita weren't swimming with riches as far as serious driving games went either (3D OutRun for life though).

I also have my fingers crossed that Codemasters will put DiRT Rally on Switch, since that's my favourite driving game in ages, and I could see myself putting dozens of hours into a Switch version while travelling.

Oh fuck, you just reminded me of another BN fuckery with the Nintendo crowd.

Remember Digimon World: re:digitize decode for 3DS? There was a petition to get hat localized. The petition did really well and got BN's attention IIRC. Then came Cyber Sleuth on Vita, so the creator of the petition decided to add that to it. Then all of the sudden, BN localize only Cyber Sleuth and I believe credited the petition as one of the main factors in making it happen. Notice they forgot something? I sure did.

Yeah, that really pissed me off, was so hyped for decode. :'(

That was plain weird since Tales of the Abyss on 3DS sold more than Namco's expectations (evidenced by physical copies being in short supply). Bamco never released the game on the eShop either, even after they did so in Japan years later.

Can't really fault them for not trying, though, they committed to - and released - major games on 3DS across most their large IP: Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, Tales, and Tekken, all within a year of the 3DS launching.

-shadow-

How about... No? Seriously what's up with a couple of Japanese developers/publishers constantly sitting and putting out old/test products, saying they're waiting to see how that does and once it does better than they though we still need to show them that there is a market for some of their product.

You either do support the console, or you don't. I'm not the biggest fan of Bethesda, but you bet your ass I'm buying DOOM (because it's awesome) and Wolfenstein to show my support for more of these kinds of games.

Also, after the WiiU crowdfunding trick, screw em.

Rmagnus

Banned
How about... No? Seriously what's up with a couple of Japanese developers/publishers constantly sitting and putting out old/test products, saying they're waiting to see how that does and once it does better than they though we still need to show them that there is a market for some of their product.

You either do support the market, or you don't. I'm not the biggest fan of Bethesda, but you bet your ass I'm buying DOOM (because it's awesome) and Wolfenstein to show my support for more of these kinds of games.

Yup, I don't need to beg for games. Theres shit load of it already.

Baleoce

I think people made their voices heard for the Wii U version. Didn't work out so well then. Either put it out, or don't.

Nanashrew

Banned
Even if I wanted it on Switch I don't think I'd care to beg for it - don't Namco hires analysts to read the market anyway?

Either way I'd actually welcome the game on Switch. There isn't a "serious" racing title and I'd love one to play on the go, especially as 3DS and Vita weren't swimming with riches as far as serious driving games went either (3D OutRun for life though).

I also have my fingers crossed that Codemasters will put DiRT Rally on Switch, since that's my favourite driving game in ages, and I could see myself putting dozens of hours into a Switch version while travelling.

That was plain weird since Tales of the Abyss on 3DS sold more than Namco's expectations (evidenced by physical copies being in short supply). Bamco never released the game on the eShop either, even after they did so in Japan years later.

Can't really fault them for not trying, though, they committed to - and released - major games on 3DS across most their large IP: Ridge Racer, Ace Combat, Tales, and Tekken, all within a year of the 3DS launching.

Bandai Namco has always been weird to me in their choices of games localized to platform choice. Sometimes I do wonder if they are even bothering to do market research like in the cases of asking fans to promote and port beg games. For something like DBZ, we've known that does well on Nintendo platforms, and has since for a very long time. Why do we need to beg for something like DBFZ?

Tales series is another weird one too with not releasing games in the west on Nintendo platforms and leaving them in Japan, only to release the director's cut versions later. Like Tales of Innocence, Tales of Hearts or Tales of Graces (admittedly Graces was full of bugs which made it miserable to play but could have been fixed in loc). Tales of Innocence R and Hearts R being crappy, and selling well below the original DS versions, yet Hearts R gets a Vita release in the west.

Cerbero

You either do support the console, or you don't. I'm not the biggest fan of Bethesda, but you bet your ass I'm buying DOOM (because it's awesome) and Wolfenstein to show my support for more of these kinds of games.

Also, after the WiiU crowdfunding trick, screw em.

Do japanese people still have to play lottery/stand in line for a chance to buy a switch? It sold 5 and something million units worldwide as of July, right?
Seriously, support it or don't, i bought XV2+Season Pass and it's selling well on the eshop, this is getting ridicolous.

daxy

Pass. Do they even realize what kind of game Pcars is? The Switch doesn't even have analog triggers.

The_Lump

Banned
Pass. Do they even realize what kind of game Pcars is? The Switch doesn't even have analog triggers.

Aren't the trigger pressure sensitive or something?

If not, I'm sure they could still make it. I know a lot of people who still play Gran Turismo with the X button as the accelerator.
Plus they got quite far with the WiiU version of PC1 didn't they? So they must have a plan.

But I'm trying to get them to hear me about DBZ Fighters first.

But how about information of Tales on Switch....?

Where do I make my voice heard to get Ridge Racer 8 on Switch instead?

How about Tekken 7

If you're going to beg Bandai Namco for anything, make your voice heard over Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth on Switch tbh.

Hmm can I instead ask them to port Ni No Kuni 2 to the Switch, I prefer playing RPG on handheld.

Wait, no. Please fucking revive Soul Calibur and release it on Switch.

How about Dark Souls instead??

First page is literally just "port everything BUT this game to Switch".

Don't think I've ever seen anything like this lol.

daxy

I use the right analog stick to accelerate / brake in Gran Turismo and Forza. I'm sure that would work on Switch.

That's pretty wild. I didn't such a control scheme even existed.

Aren't the trigger pressure sensitive or something?

If not, I'm sure they could still make it. I know a lot of people who still play Gran Turismo with the X button as the accelerator.
Plus they got quite far with the WiiU version of PC1 didn't they? So they must have a plan.

They're not unfortunately. However, the four main face buttons on PS2 were pressure sensitive, so maybe that's why some people (still) play it that way? I never even knew about this until I saw its implementation in MGS2.

Epcott

With the way sales are going, common sense should be enough for them to make the Switch. I’m sure OP: Unlimited World Red DX sales alone are enough of an incentive.

Jezan

Namcock if you want our money you give us that version, we shouldn't be begging.

You already pulled that shit with Xenoverse.

As a Switch owner, Project Cars on the switch is a bad idea... there are no analog triggers. For a sim racing game this is at least essential, not sure how they can get around that.

LoSnupo

Just letting folks know, there IS a realistic racer coming to Switch; Gear.Club Unlimited:

It;s be Eden Games, creators of Test Drive Unlimited, but it's actually a port of a mobile game, so there's that.
Ok, this and Mario Kart are more than enough for me.
I dont beg Slightly Clowns.

rjc571

Banned
I don't want Project Cars 2 on Switch because it will be a profitable venture for Namco and I want 3rd parties who pull this shit to make less money

Sify64

lol. fool me once... The devs conducted a survey on their website back in 2014. Original link is dead, but have a look at the results below.

Which platform are you going to get Project CARS on?
Xbox One
PlayStation 4
Windows
Wii U
Steam OS

Results: 28,69 Percent for Wii U, 23,61 Percent Steam OS, 23,07 Percent Windows, 18,21 Percent PlayStation 4 and 6,42 Percent Xbox One.

Guess What.... The Wii U ver got cancelled. No point begging BN.

Nanashrew

Banned
SteamSpy numbers are kinda low. Those this game flopped?

Yeah, it's under-performing so Bandai is asking for fans to hype up a possible port so that it draws people's attention to the game. Like free PR. We've already been asked to do the same for a Sword Art Online game. Having to do a similar thing for Dragon Ball Fighter Z too because the developer said to ask Bandai and gave us information that there were no technical limitations holding back the game from coming to Switch. Now we apparently have to make sure Xenoverse 2 sells well to see if there's a fanbase for DBFZ because the goalpost got moved.

It's a mess.

Top Bottom