• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco says make your voice heard if you want Project CARS 2 on Switch

Ehh...yeah, I'd rather not. I've got other games that are catching my eye instead. Like, I can understand a small indie team asking for a show of support but a big publisher like Namco Bandai? Yeah...no. How about you bring over some of the games you were implying would come over if people showed interest?

Really Bandai Namco? This is the one of the most pathetic thing a big publisher could do in communication with its audience.

Take a "risk" and put your games on the platform or do it not, so other publishers will get sales.

ggx2ac

No.

Give me something else, DBFZ, Dark Souls, or even Code Vein. Not interested in begging for racing sims.

Lizardus

Umm no, Scamco. Get bent.

I "begged" for DBFZ by retweeting that tweet but don't really care now. Lots of other games to play.

sfried

At this point I'd rather have Little Witch Academia Chamber of Time on Switch
Or that Dragonball Z fighting game by ArcSys
Or Dark Souls.

Rmagnus

Banned
Yeah another game I can buy for the switch. Than watch them release a cheaper version with all the dlc on another console the following month.

I'm tired of this. Either bring it or not. Stop asking fans to beg for a possibility of a future port. Look at the Amount of Switchs sold and decide like an actual company if there's a chance you can pull a profit from the current players.

While you're asking Switch owners to beg for a possibility of a port I'm going to be buying some upcoming 3rd party coming to the Switch because it's releasing for the system without its publishers requiring the Switch owners to beg for them.
And I'm interested and want those games with me on the go.

BaconHat

Honestly, is they have no plans to do it, just say that you have no plan.
At this point, this would be taken better than saying to beg for every new release.

Vinnk

Dark Souls Prepare to Switch
$50

1 month later

Dark Souls Trilogy for PS4 and XB1
$40

You are giving third parties too much credit. If it is indeed like the Mass Effect model it will be:

Late port of Dark Souls 3 with no DLC for $60.
And before it is even released (this is key) there is an announcement of Dark Souls Trilogy coming for PS4 and XB1 at $60.

So you can release a year late port at full price while the other (probably superior) ports are filling clearance bins at half price by then?

No thanks, I'm good.

This BEG FOR SHIT stuff needs to stop, you're a major game publisher you should be looking at the system's success and supporting it properly already. Look at your game library and the systems library and figure out what you think is a good fit.

Give Switch stuff the same time as the others or just do unique things, late ports are shit.

I keep forgetting about Code Vein. It actually kinda baffles me it's not announced for Switch. Would be a perfect fit, and most likely scratch that Souls itch on the system.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I keep forgetting about Code Vein. It actually kinda baffles me it's not announced for Switch. Would be a perfect fit, and most likely scratch that Souls itch on the system.
Remember when they kept the system announcements hidden for months just to get people talking about a switch version and then not even hinting at one?

EBreda

I can't imagine the kind of concessions would need to be made in order to put PC2 on the Switch.

Game runs bad enough already on XB and regular PS4.

Vash63

I am usually in favor of putting everything on Switch, but I don't know about this one. For simulation racing I'm all about having a full wheel and VR if possible. For portable play I'd probably not pick up the game.

random25

Eh. If they're not interested in releasing the game on the Switch, then that's fine. No need to force it by this mandatory begging thing.

I'm okay in not supporting them after how the devs acted to the fans who supported their kickstarter and offering no refunds or offers to change your system of choice.
Damn. That was harsh. I wasn't even interested in the game, but now I don't want this POS dev's game on Switch. Fuck you.

sensui-tomo

make your voices heard just for them to say no to it.
CQAMiG2WEAEVaXO.jpg

Bridges

Switch port begging was rampant enough without publishers directly asking their fanbases to do it.

I get the idea of letting your voice be heard, but if they're asking for the port begging aren't the voices already heard?

"Hey guys, we hear your begging and we get it, you want it on Switch, now please go tell your friends to beg too, then maybe we'll listen!"

How many more times is this gonna happen? Do they really not think the audience is there or are they trying to cover up their own lack of foresight of the Switch being a viable platform (which after the Wii U could be forgiven)?

Whole thing just seems messy when it's multiple games in a row, same song and dance.

EDarkness

Remember when they kept the system announcements hidden for months just to get people talking about a switch version and then not even hinting at one?

I seriously believe they did that on purpose, too. Should have been obvious from the beginning that there wasn't going to be an NS version.

Nah, I'm good.

I refuse to beg and plead with a company to allow me the privilege of being able to give them money.

This is the worst part of being a Nintendo gamer. The "test games" the "show us how much you want it" the "we are considering, possibly, in the future, a port"

Just do it or don't do it. Yes or no.

Luckily this gen I am getting enough games with 1st party and indies. So I don't have to deal with this garbage from 3rd parties. Capcom, EA, BN, etc. If you don't want to make Switch games then don't. If you make something compelling I will buy it. But I won;t beg anymore or buy sub par games to show my faith and devotion.

I feel exactly the same.

Masochists unite!

But seriously, check out what the other console versions are like before requesting it on Switch... that's my advice. Good luck and god bless.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Code Vein looks really bad... Weird to see people bringing it up lol.

Malakai

Yeah saw this before. The hell is it with Capcom and BN in tests and begging from Nintendo fans? BN said they wanted folks to buy Xenoverse 2 before they decide on FighterZ, and thankfully the game's obviously far surpassed their expectations. Problem is, they announced a deluxe edition for PS4 barely a month after the Switch version's release in Japan and 2 weeks in the west.

While IMO the Switch version more than earns its keep even in the face of that new competition, the fact remains that BN have no faith in the system, same with Capcom, where it's one test after another. Why is it that Bethesda have no trouble bringing their A game to Switch before even Skyrim is out to judge sales on, and this is a publisher infamous for their lack of Nintendo support for many gens.

And BN is one of Nintendo's most common collaborators on 1st-party games, such as Pokken, Smash 4, Mario Kart (8 and the GP games), ARMS, etc.

I don't understand the highlighted part. I wonder if Yamauchi was still alive I wonder how he would have had taken that the Japanese developers were betting against Nintendo.

jariw

I wonder if this is just a stunt to get free social media marketing for their games?

While IMO the Switch version more than earns its keep even in the face of that new competition, the fact remains that BN have no faith in the system, same with Capcom, where it's one test after another. Why is it that Bethesda have no trouble bringing their A game to Switch before even Skyrim is out to judge sales on, and this is a publisher infamous for their lack of Nintendo support for many gens.

Different parts of Nintendo at work? Why does NoA and NoE implement curating of their approved indie games, while NCL does not?

Nanashrew

Banned
I wonder if this is just a stunt to get free social media marketing for their games?

Likely. The game is under-performing. And not many are taking Namco's bait or showing interest in this title with how the devs of Project Cars strung along Nintendo fans in the past.

Nightbird

How about delivering first?

The only thing Bamco did yet was a port of Xenoverse 2, and even this looks like a rip off now since the complete edition has been announced.

You don't have as much goodwill as you think Bandai

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Waste of time. Didn't the head of Slightly Mad Studios say he hated Nintendo fans back when they went back on doing a Wii U version of the first game. Pretty sure he's said some other things in regard to those that buy Nintenodo hardware as well. Fuck begging. Even if Bandai Namco made them do a version I don't doubt it would be horrible and have no care or attention put it into it. Think the current versions are buggy now? Bandai Namco and SMS can go jump off a cliff on this one. If we have to ask for a game there are better games and developers worthy of the time and effort.

This is new for me. What did they say!?

third party need a popular platform with a growing userbase that buys a lot of software. They need a conventional control layout so they don't have to remake the game's playability. They need a proper support for main middleware tools.

Yet we have to beg for a them to release a game on switch. Makes sense.

Maybe they will again pull a DB fighters Z move "ho sorry if you had hope, but for now there are no plans so buy our overpriced late port while we are preparing a budget release with more content on another console"

video game business is still a mystery to me.

Top Bottom