• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandwidth caps be damned! GAF's thread for Digital Distribution Deals

NoName#1

Neo Member
Okay I went for the D2D Mass Effect Bundle. Now after downloading the entire 9.6 gbs twice it hangs at the very end and I get the message "Download Failed, No Mirrors Available." I don't understand! it finished downloading and then it can't find the mirror?! Am I doing something wrong? I wish I had waited for Steam to put ME2 on sale.

fatty said:
position2010.jpg
hehe. pole position 2010 came out yesterday. might get this, f1 managing is a-ok

also vitaly metro. best name ever. I love you petrov. 1 hr 45 mins until practice1!

pilonv1

OMG F1 MANAGEMENT SIM!?!? More details please! I loved Grand Prix World to death

edit: local pricing sucks again

Pole Position 2010 $16.99 (15% off)

Priced AU$36 for me, almost double :(

fatty

GOG:

GOG Weekend Deal - Creatures series 50% off / Constructor series 30%

Thanks again to cheapo72 at CAG for providing the info:

cheapo72 said:

Through Monday, May 10 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG and publisher Kalypso are offering up sales on their Sim games. Games in the Life Simulator series, Creatures, are 50% off. The small-scale city management (and sometimes nefarious dealings) of the Constructor series can be yours with a 30% discount.

[Orders should be made from the promo page.]

Creatures: The Albian Years $4.99 (50% off) [includes Creatures 1, Creatures 2 , their official Life Kits and Object Packs]
Creatures: Exodus $4.99 (50% off) [includes Creatures 3 and Docking Station with some additional content/fixes]
Creatures Village $4.99 (50% off) [includes merged versions of Creatures Adventures & Creatures Playground]
Constructor $4.19 (30% off)
Mob Rule $4.19 (30% off)

Mobygames:
Creatures (75)
Creatures 2 (76)
Creatures 3 (75)
Constructor (87)
Mob Rule (76)

Demos:
Mob Rule
Constructor
Creatures: Docking Station (Free download)

If you want to dive into the Creatures universe be sure to visit:
GOG sticky (Mods/tutorials/breeds/etc.)
Creatures Wiki

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
fatty said:
To add a bit more to eznark's post above, there are a few more games for the weekend sale. Thanks goes to cheap72 at CAG for the info.

IMPULSE:

Impulse Weekend Sale

If you are a fan of desktop tower defense games, I would recommend Immortal Defense.

Of course I just bought Flotilla on Steam a couple days ago.

fatty

PSN:

PSN Weekly "Spring Fever" Sale, thanks goes to isofan1 at CAG for the info:

isofan1 said:
PSN will be rolling out new deals every week for "Spring Fever".

According to the PlayStation Blog:
Here are this weeks new deals, the sale will last 10 weeks with new games and DLC added each week.

May 11th - May 18th

PopCap Spring Fever Bundle ($24.99)
Kick off the spring season with all your PopCap favorites brought to you by Sony Online Entertainment! Can’t decide which game you want? Get them all! The PopCap Spring Fever Bundle includes Bejeweled 2, Peggle, Zuma, Heavy Weapon, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Shipwreck Showdown, so get yours now for some crazy unbeatable fun!

Midway Spring Fever Bundle ($14.99)
Celebrate spring with all your favorite classic Midway games, brought to you by Sony Online Entertainment and available for one week only! Get ready to re-live all of the classics. The Midway bundle includes Mortal Kombat II, Championship Sprint, Gauntlet II, Joust, and Rampage World Tour!

UPDATES:

Sales (No expiration given)

Tetris minis Sale (now $6.99, original price $9.99)
Zombie Tycoon minis Sale [Also available in French] (now $2.99, original price $7.99)
Section 8 Sale (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Tokyo Police PS3 & PSP Theme Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Echoes minis Permanent Price Drop (now $0.99, original price $2.99)
Unbound Saga Permanent Price Drop (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Free Gravity Crash Dynamic Theme with purchase of Gravity Crash (Full Game) ($9.99)
Prince of Persia: Epilogue DLC Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Revelations Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords Sale (now $7.49, original price $14.99)

fatty

STEAM:

Tropico 3 Stream Special Edition: $7.50 (75% off)

Torchlight: $9.99 (50% off)

Direct2Drive:

Ends today (Friday, May 14th) Bob Came In Pieces: $4.95 (50% off)

Torchlight: $9.99 (50% off)

IMPULSE:

Currently on Sale:

Determinance $11.05
SimCity Societies $9.99
THQ Ultimate Bundle $99.99
Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper $12.99
Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened $12.99
Sherlock Holmes - Nemesis $12.99
Sherlock Holmes Sleuth Pack $32.49
World War 2 - Time of Wrath $22.49
For The Glory $7.99
Fences Pro $9.99
Alganon $19.95
The Saboteur $22.49
Fallen Earth $29.99
Call of Juarez® : Bound in Blood $9.99
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition $9.95
Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 $39.99
Ulead Video Studio 11.5 Plus $54.99
Corel Painter X $189.49
Corel WinDVD 9 Plus Blu-ray $49.99
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4 $214.50
Corel WordPerfect Office X4 - Standard Edition $149.99

GOG.COM:

Shooters on sale – 40% off (GOG)

Promotion details:
Gear up, reload your weapons and prepare yourself for a weekend full of fast-paced first-person shooter action. Until Monday, May 17 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, we're giving you a 40% discount on Painkiller Black Edition, POSTAL 2 Complete, Redneck Rampage Collection and AquaNox - such selection should satisfy every FPS fan. It's not a bundle promotion, so you receive the 40% discount if you buy one or all games.

Aquanox – $5.99 — now $3.59
Postal 2 Complete – $9.99 — now $5.99
Painkiller: Black – $9.99 — now $5.99
Redneck Rampage Collection – $5.99 — now $3.59

fatty

IMPULSE:

Gexecuter said:
Hey galactic civilizations 2 ultimate edition is only 10 bucks over at impulse.com right now! I have no idea how long this last so everyone so you gusy better hurry and get a copy fast.

Good find, that's 75% off. Also, Sins of a Solar Empire is currently $10 as well. (50% off)

STEAM:

SEGA WEEK:

Through tomorrow at 10PST:
Aliens vs. Predator $24.99 (50% off)

Sega Complete Pack
Includes 23 items:
Medieval II: Total War™
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Rome: Total War™ - Gold
Rome: Total War™ - Alexander
Medieval II: Total War™ Kingdoms
Universe at War: Earth Assault
The Club™
Empire: Total War™
Space Siege
Empire: Total War™ - Special Forces Units & Bonus Content
Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of the West
Empire: Total War™ - The Warpath Campaign
Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of America
Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of the East
Stormrise
Aliens vs. Predator™
Virtua Tennis 2009
Aliens vs. Predator Swarm Map Pack
Football Manager™ 2010
Napoleon: Total War™
Napoleon: Total War - Coalition Battle Pack
Vancouver 2010™ - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Winter Games
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

All for $89.99

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
eznark said:
All arena, no single player story mode or anything. At this point, and I really hate to say it, it's probably not worth picking up.
I'm going to go ahead and agree. It's a great game, but the networking and community ruined it. I tried to get back into it and it was impossible. I'd hate to see what it would be like for someone new.

Dynoro

Ahh that's a shame; thanks for the input though guys. The game looked good back when it came out and I had been waiting for a drop in price - might dip on Sins instead then

eznark

Banned
Dynoro said:
Ahh that's a shame; thanks for the input though guys. The game looked good back when it came out and I had been waiting for a drop in price - might dip on Sins instead then

I suggest downloading League of Legends for free if you want to play a hero arena game. I loved Demigod but I actually liked LoL much, much more. I haven't played in months though, but keep meaning to get back to it.

Dynoro

eznark said:
I suggest downloading League of Legends for free if you want to play a hero arena game. I loved Demigod but I actually liked LoL much, much more. I haven't played in months though, but keep meaning to get back to it.
That looks pretty interesting; I'll give it a shot - thanks. I haven't given the arena games much of a try so far; but at that price I can't say no :lol

JDS 1977

Banned
Cryostasis on Amazon download looks like a good deal. For those who have played it am I going to be turned off by the heat system which made me never play Lost Planet past the demo?

I tried the demo for this but kept getting stuck trying to save my first guy, but I think that was from 2 annoying kids in my face.

BobsRevenge

JDS 1977 said:
Cryostasis on Amazon download looks like a good deal. For those who have played it am I going to be turned off by the heat system which made me never play Lost Planet past the demo?

I tried the demo for this but kept getting stuck trying to save my first guy, but I think that was from 2 annoying kids in my face.
The heat system works really well in Cryostasis.

fatty

IMPULSE:

Thanks to cheap72 at CAG for the info:

cheapo72 said:

For The Glory $7.99 (60% off)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights $9.99 (33% off)
Bob Came in Pieces $4.99 (50% off)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat $11.99 (40% off) [Loyalty Edition - Requires Shadow of Chernobyl $19.99]
Eschalon: Book II $19.95 (20% off)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99 (50% off)

Metacritic:
For The Glory (71)
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights (61)
Bob Came in Pieces (71)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat (80)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (78)
Eschalon: Book I (75) [Book I, which you'll want to play first]

AMAZON:

Dads & Grads: Five Weeks of Deals--Week 1: PC Downloads

And just in case anyone is interested in sales for some boxed games (even though this is a DD thread)

GAMERSGATE:

Thanks to Hydro2Oxide at CAG for the info:

http://www.gamersgate.com/all?q=company+of+heroes&aff=ggnews - CoH

http://www.gamersgate.com/offers - All deals

Why choose?
Now you don't have to choose between PC and Mac anymore! If you buy one of our selected titles for either Mac or PC we're giving you the other version for free.

Company of Heroes Weekend until May 23:
Company of Heroes - 60%
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts - 60%
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - 60%
Company of Heroes Gold - 60%
Company of Heroes Complete Pack - 60%

Weekend offers until May 23:
World War 2 Time of Wrath - 50-80% discount depending on your member status
Football Manager 2010 - 50%
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold - 60%
Tropico 3 and Absolute Power Bundle Pack - Buy Tropico 3 Abolute Power and get 66% discount on Tropico 3
Arsenal of Democracy: A Hearts of Iron Game - 30%
Flatout bundle Pack (1+2+Ultimate Carnage) - 50%
Altitude - 50%
Max and the Magic Marker (PC & Mac, buy one get both!) - 25%

Pre-order Specials
Making History II: The War of the World - (From May 21st) $5 discount + Beta Access
Alpha Protocol - Receive Space Siege for FREE
Tidalis - Beta access + 10% discount on AI War: Fleet Command, AI War The Zenith Remnant or AI War/Zenith Remnant Pack
Puzzle Bots - 10% + 50% on the other Wadjet Eye games
Air Aces Pacific - 5-20% discount depending on your member status + Beta Access
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC& Mac) - 20% discount (Limited time only! From June 1st it will 10% until realease)
Storm over the Pacific - 10% discount + Beta Access
Hotel Collectors Edition PC & Mac - 10% discount + Get The Legend of Crystal Vally at 60% off

Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

Lazy Raiders
For one week only, beginning May 24, Gold Members can get this Arcade hit for only 400 points, 50% off.

Band of Bugs
For one week only, beginning May 24, Gold Members can get this Arcade hit for only 400 points, 50% off.

Madballs in … Babo: Invasion

For one week only, beginning May 24, Gold Members can get this Indie Games hit for only 80 points, 67% off.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/marketplace/dealoftheweek/

Another pay what you want for charity bundle of indie games has arrived:

Just tried it and it worked for me, people were experiencing some troubles getting it to work earlier.

Not sure if this'll work but Impulse currently has GalCiv2: Ultimate Edition (the one you'd want, with all expansions) for $9.99. I can't see it anywhere else on the site but on this page:

http://www.impulsedriven.com/galciv2ul

It seems to be on sale, haven't tried if it works (since I already own it), but in the basket it states the sale price.

19Kilo

HadesGigas said:
Another pay what you want for charity bundle of indie games has arrived:

Bridge Construction Set is awesome, and I've seen my son playing Bob Came In Pieces which looked fun. Haven't played the others, but an easy buy from me. Deserves its own thread I think...

fatty

Ooh, another Indy Bundle. I didn't get in on the last one because I already had most of the titles but I'm going to bite on this one.

Any other thoughts on some of the titles included?

fatty

XBLA:

QCJlo said:
Upcoming XBox Live Arcade Deals
Some really good deals are forthcoming on XBLA.

5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
5/31 - Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
5/31 - Watchmen: The End is Nigh (Was: 1600 MS points / Sale: 800 MS points)
6/07 - Worms 2: Armageddon (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
6/14 - Splosion Man (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
6/14 - TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
6/14 - Trials HD (Was: 1200 MS points / Sale: 560 MS points)
6/21 - Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial (Was: 400 MS points / Sale: 240 MS points)
6/21 - Madden NFL Arcade (Was: 1200 MS points / Sale: 800 MS points)
6/21 - NBA 2K10 Draft Combine (Was: 400 MS points / Sale: 240 MS points)
6/21 - Football Genius (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
6/21 - Sensible World of Soccer (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)
6/21 - Soccer Ball Prop (Was: 160 MS points / Sale: 80 MS points)
6/21 - MLB Stickball (Was: 800 MS points / Sale: 400 MS points)

Taken from Slickdeals. Credit goes to to OutInTheDark at GameTZ.com & OXM magazine

fatty said:
Ooh, another Indy Bundle. I didn't get in on the last one because I already had most of the titles but I'm going to bite on this one.

Any other thoughts on some of the titles included?

Perhaps I just couldn't figure out the game's vagaries to satisfaction, but Kingdom Elemental is HARD AS HELL---nifty though in a freaky Real-Time-with-Limited-Pause Tower Defense kinda dealie, save instead of protecting a tower you try to kill everything without being utterly wiped.

I'd be utterly thrilled to ever see somebody do a video LP of just one possible strategy to demolish the stages bringing their worst....as there should be several.

BobsRevenge

Top Bottom