• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned from PSN - because of Little Big Planet.

Hanmik

just saw this on a danish forum, some guy was banned from PSN. He says he has not played Little Big Planet in over a half year.. but he recieved this mail from Sony.:

We are contacting you regarding your PLAYSTATION®Network account and your
recent online activity.

On 13/09/2011, we noted that your online activity in Little Big Planet was
in serious breach of the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms & Conditions for the
following reason(s): Hate speech .

As a result of this unacceptable behaviour, your PLAYSTATION®Network
account has been suspended for 7 days.

This temporary ban will be lifted on 21/9/2011. Please be aware that any
further breaches of the service Terms & Conditions may result in a longer
or even permanent suspension of your account.

We ask that you use this time to reassess your online behaviour so that you
are more considerate to other PLAYSTATION®Network users when you join us
again online. We hope you can appreciate our obligation to the community as
a whole and to the rights of other users not to be subjected to disruptive
or offensive behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,
The Community Team
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
http://eu.playstation.com

I have never heard of a weeks ban before, and never because of a game like Little Big planet. have you guys ever been banned from PSN..?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What type of level did he make? User generated stuff can get you banned. And certain things can get you banned on Home as well.

Grisby

Nope, never really been banned from anything. That earlier thread we had in the year about PSN banning was pretty funny though.

backlot

He probably made a level a while ago and someone just found it and reported him. At least the ban is only a week.

Hanmik said:
just saw this on a danish forum, some guy was banned from PSN. He says he has not played Little Big Planet in over a half year.. but he recieved this mail from Sony.:

I have never heard of a weeks ban before, and never because of a game like Little Big planet. have you guys ever been banned from PSN..?

A weeks ban is normal for first offence.

bill0527

He probably made a level months ago and forgot about it. Sackboy hopping around on yellow dildos and then landing inside big pink tacos.

Mithos

Don't think its because some level he made.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guerrilla Games devs banned you from PSN. Thats the only logical explanation.

<3 Lince

thread title is slightly misleading. he wasn't banned because of LBP, he was banned for likely designing something offensive enough to get banned or writing something ingame on a review that was highly offensive. either way, its a week ban and certainly not that big of a deal.

Qatar

TheSeks said:
What type of level did he make? User generated stuff can get you banned. And certain things can get you banned on Home as well.
Really!
what sort of stuff on Home that could get you banned from PSN?
I remember when Home came out, my little brother was cursing all people :D, but he never got any warning or banning.

Andrefpvs

Grisby said:
Nope, never really been banned from anything. That earlier thread we had in the year about PSN banning was pretty funny though.

Ahah, I remember it. He was all like:
lince.gif

Rapstah

It's really that hard to believe he made a really nazi or racist LBP map?

EDIT: What happened in that Lince thread? I tried to read it now but it's absolutely incomprehensible nowadays. I missed the second half, apparently the good half.

ampere

When I went to study abroad I got an email that said I was banned from PSN for a week for 'hate speech' from PS home. I guess my brothers were doing something, never found out what though.

Cornbread78

SmokyDave said:
Man, imagine if MS banned everybody that used 'hate speech' online. XBL would be a barren wasteland.

Seriously, what would all the 10 and 12 year olds do with themselves....?

Speevy

Banned
Someone made a level one time about blowing up the World Trade Center yourself. I reported it. Hope the same thing happened.

Omikaru

I remember I got a 10 day ban from Xbox Live after I put a joke in my bio that had some really light innuendo on it. Thought the ban was far too harsh considering I was probably reported by some angry manchild who I'd just beaten in SFIV, and said person probably went on to spew all sorts of vile racist/homophobic tirades.

I've been banned for one week aswell. My level that was mmpicked got deleted..

After trolling the lbp forums like crazy they re-mmpicked my level but i lost all my stats. They didn't lift the ban though.. so know i'm still kinda pissed and didn't do alot in lbp anymore.

Reason for ban: a picture made by a friend of mine with his webcam of his tongue. The picture wasn't even visible as it was glued INSIDE a music sequencer...

... fuck em lol

TUSR

Banned
Similar thing happened with me and WoW...

I haven't played in about 8 month or so, and I got banned because someone looked up my character and reported my arena team name from when Cata came out.

Like I give a F.

Apoc87

Banned
Americanmushroom said:
I've been banned for one week aswell. My level that was mmpicked got deleted..

After trolling the lbp forums like crazy they re-mmpicked my level but i lost all my stats. They didn't lift the ban though.. so know i'm still kinda pissed and didn't do alot in lbp anymore.

Reason for ban: a picture made by a friend of mine with his webcam of his tongue. The picture wasn't even visible as it was glued INSIDE a music sequencer...

... fuck em lol

:p

Momo

Banned
We are contacting you regarding your PLAYSTATION®Network account and your
recent online activity.

As a result of this unacceptable behaviour, your PLAYSTATION®Network
account has been suspended for 7 days.

We ask that you use this time to reassess your online behaviour so that you
are more considerate to other PLAYSTATION®Network users when you join us
again online. We hope you can appreciate our obligation to the community as
a whole and to the rights of other users not to be subjected to disruptive
or offensive behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,
The Community Team
I love how there is marketing/brand awareness shit in ban messages. Would it kill them to write in human English?

Rapstah

Momo said:
I love how there is marketing/brand awareness shit in ban messages. Would it kill them to write in human English?
Yeah, that or it's neither marketing nor brand and it actually law stuff.

Momo

Banned
Rapstah said:
Yeah, that or it's neither marketing nor brand and it actually law stuff.
You only need to mention it once, hence why I didn't highlight the first instance.

We are contacting you regarding your PLAYSTATION®Network account and your recent online activity.

in serious breach our Terms & Conditions* for the following reason(s): Hate speech .

As a result of this unacceptable behaviour, your account has been suspended for 7 days.

We ask that you use this time to reassess your online behaviour so that you are more considerate to other users when you join us again online. We hope you can appreciate our obligation to the community as a whole and to the rights of other users not to be subjected to disruptive or offensive behaviour.

Yours Sincerely,
The Community Team

Insert link to terms and conditions here*
It bothers me, and this is more natural.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince is banned again? Oh sorry for the joke then. :(

Rapstah

Momo said:
You only need to mention it once, hence why I didn't highlight the first instance.

It bothers me, and this is more natural.
Is law usually natural? Do people who aren't GeoHot rap it up in courtrooms? They're just making it sound more official for several reasons.

Momo

Banned
Rapstah said:
Is law usually natural? Do people who aren't GeoHot rap it up in courtrooms? They're just making it sound more official for several reasons.
Still bothers me cause it's unnecessary. \('-')/

Theonik

Did he say anything bad about guerilla or Media Molecule on the PS forums?
Was he reported by a dutch person? This is important information!
Well It's only a week at least.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Americanmushroom said:

You could have just told them it was done as tongue-in-seque....

<...crickets...>

Dragon

Banned
Momo said:

They want to make sure you don't use Playstation Network without acknowledging that it's indeed some huge corporation's network.

Grisby said:

That thread was amazing... thinking about what an idiot the OP was has me giggling :D

Top Bottom