• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar Liquidation: You build it, I drink it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booties

Banned
I need to get rid of a lot of alcohol in my house so I figured I might as well drink it all. Let's have some fun with it though. The rules are simple: I'll give you the inventory, you give me the recipe, I make it. I'll make tasting notes on all the drinks (good or bad), then rate them. The winner gets mad e-cred, maybe an official 'Booties Seal of Approval'©. If it's VERY good I'll even put it on the menu of the bar I work at and you can name it (pics to prove it will follow of course).

So here's what I got to work with

Bourbon:
Heaven Hill
Makers Mark
Builleit

Whiskey:
Tullamore Dew
Ballantine Blended Scotch

Gin:
Bluecoat
Dover Straight American Gin

Vodka:
Penn 1681
Stoli Honey
Ciroc Amaretto

Rum:
Cruzan Silver
Meyer's Dark Rum

Tequilla:
Sauza 100% Blue de Agave Silver

Vermouth:
Dolin Sweet
Martini & Rossi Sweet
Martini & Rossi Dry

Citrus:
Lemon
Lime

Syrups:
Simple Syrup
Rosemary Simple Syrup
Lemon Syrup
Honey Syrup
Grenadine (Pom + Sugar)

Liqueurs:
Cointreau
Pernod
Luxardo Marachino
Blue Curacao
Kahlua
VSOP Brandy
Campari
Viuex Carre Absinthe

Cordials:
Six Grapes Reserve Port
Romana Sambuca Black

Bitters:
Angostura
Peycahud's

Everything Else:
Lemon
Lime
Wine
Bourbon soaked cherries

I have all the bar equipment you could need as well as a ton of ice. So start firing away.

Drinks made so far:

6hLvY2R.jpg

Submitted by Staab
1 oz Kahlua
3 bourbon soaked cherries
1 lime wedge
muddled and chilled over ice
weird. tasted like a chocolate bourbon milk shake

68U5Bki.jpg

Submitted by AbortedWalrusFetus
4parts gin
2 part lemon juice
1 part grenadine
egg white

Very tasty, good acidity, great texture. maybe not strong enough though.

hGnWj3P.jpg

Submitted by AbortedWalrusFetus
1 oz bulleit bourbon
1 oz dry vermouth
1 oz campari

similar to a negroni. Bitter, but well balanced. Bulleit helps sweeten this slightly. very good.

owRvARY.jpg

The Stunner submitted byBearPawB
2 parts lemon
1 part lime
1 part grenadine
1.5 oz tequila
VERY acidic, not sweet, great tequila burn. I'm not a tequila drinker, but I like this drink quite a bit.

aS2Lzvk.jpg

I call this one the shit fire submitted by Friggz

1.5 oz gin
0.5 simple
0.5 lemon juice
0.25 tobasco
0.25 worcestershire
1 egg white

mcfrank

I love a good gimlet.

Three oz gin muddled with lime and strained into glass of ice. Top with soda water to taste. Drink until you pass out.

Tom Collins aka the classist drink ever

2 oz gin
1 oz lemon juice
1 tsp superfine sugar
3 oz club soda

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the gin, lemon juice, and sugar. Shake well. Strain into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes. Add the club soda.

Booties

Banned
Ah I guess I wasn't clear. I am not averse to the classics, but I would rather it be something new or weird. I've had all these drinks you guys just said many times. I want to use up what I got. Of course I will give the people what they want if it's popular, classic or not.

1.5 Oz. Gin
.75 Oz. Lemon Juice
.25 Oz. Raspberry Syrup (or Grenadine)
1 Egg White

Take 1 martini glass, add ice and water.

Add ingredients to shaker with no ice, shake for five minutes. Add ice, shake for another two minutes.

Empty martini glass, strain shaker into glass. Enjoy.

Booties

Banned
1.5 Oz. Gin
.75 Oz. Lemon Juice
.25 Oz. Raspberry Syrup (or Grenadine)
1 Egg White

Take 1 martini glass, add ice and water.

Add ingredients to shaker with no ice, shake for five minutes. Add ice, shake for another two minutes.

Empty martini glass, strain shaker into glass. Enjoy.

Making this now. I'm not shaking it that long you nut job.

giga

Not going out of the box or anything, but I think every bartender should know how to make a good old fashioned. With bulleit, they can be exceptional. Maybe practice that until perfection.

biggreenfeet

Neo Member
I wasn't going to post, but I HAVE to know: why do you have to drink up all of this alcohol? Also, that's a big ass bar you got there.

1 oz bourbon
1 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1 oz campari
Angostura bitters
Dash of kosher salt.

Shake well with ice.

Garnish rocks glass with slice of peach/apricot (can use cherry) and ice. Pour over ice.

Booties

Banned
Haha. You'll get better foam the longer you do it. Shake for AT LEAST one minute without ice.

I usually do like 30 seconds then 12 seconds. If it has yoke I shake a lot longer, same with heavy cream.

This drink is good. Great acidity thanks to the season. Awesome, vibrant texture thanks to the egg white. My ice at home isn't great so there are lots of small pieces in the drink. Gonna double strain from here on out.

Cruzan Silver, Campari and a bit of wine(white!).

Gonna try this later, I left my wine out at room temp, sorry.

Not going out of the box or anything, but I think every bartender should know how to make a good old fashioned. With bulleit, they can be exceptional. Maybe practice that until perfection.

I love old fashions. It's my drink of choice. I muddle an orange wedge with 2 of my bourbon cherries, a sugar cube, and the tiniest splash of water. I muddle this, then remove the fruit husks. I then add bourbon and ice, stir in the glass gently, then a little more ice to top it off. I garnish with a wedge of orange and a cherry.

It's divine.

I wasn't going to post, but I HAVE to know: why do you have to drink up all of this alcohol? Also, that's a big ass bar you got there.

Well the answer is obvious, so I can fit more booze on my bar. It gets that way because I host a lot of shindigs at my house. Friends bring way too much stuff, and I buy stuff before hand. It's really not that big. A bottle of each base spirit is in my bar at all times, the other stuff takes a lot longer to go away.

1 oz bourbon
1 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
1 oz campari
Angostura bitters
Dash of kosher salt.

Shake well with ice.

Garnish rocks glass with slice of peach/apricot (can use cherry) and ice. Pour over ice.

I don't have Blanc or the fruit. In fact, I'm not really garnishing these since it's for personal consumption. Other suggestions?

That sounds like the worst thing in the world. Don't do this.

I wasn't going to even acknowledge that drink. Some people don't know what bitters are.

I still have some egg white left guys. I usually get 2-3 drinks per egg white so I saved some of it from that last one.

TheExodu5

Banned
Now idea how this would turn out or what the distribution should be, but this is my idea.

Instant Old-Fashioned:

4 parts Maker's Mark
1 part Cointreau
Dash Angostora bitters
Ice
Bourbon soaked cherry for garnish

Maybe 1 part Luxardo Marachino? Never had it.

Booties

Banned
Now idea how this would turn out or what the distribution should be, but this is my idea.

Instant Old-Fashioned:

4 parts Maker's Mark
1 part Cointreau
Dash Angostora bitters
Ice
Bourbon soaked cherry for garnish

Maybe 1 part Luxardo Marachino? Never had it.

Luxardo Marachino is potent and should be used in small quantities. I've never seen more than 0.5 oz used in a drink, more often though you only use a quarter or a dash. It's made from marasca cherries. They are a little bit sour, very unique. It's hard to explain, so I'll drink some straight now. It viscous, clear, 32%. The alcohol evaporates right away on your tongue. It tastes like a distilled cherry to me, a little sweet, slightly more sour though. Tasty, potent, good in cocktails.

As for the drink. It's interesting, I'll play with it after this.

The difference the dry rather than the sweet vermouth has in this is the key. Using sweet makes a boulevardier but its just nowhere near as good.

It's good. Smoother than a negroni, that's for sure. I used bulleit bourbon for this one.

Nilaul

Here's mine.

The Hangover Recipe

1/10 Oz Heaven Hill
1/10 Oz Makers Mark
1/10 Oz Builleit
1/10 Oz Tullamore Dew
1/10 Oz Ballantine Blended Scotch
1/10 Oz Bluecoat
1/10 Oz Dover Straight American Gin
1/10 Oz Penn 1681
1/10 Oz Stoli Honey
1/10 Oz Ciroc Amaretto
1/10 Oz Cruzan Silver
1/10 Oz Meyer's Dark Rum
1/10 Oz Sauza 100% Blue de Agave Silver
1/10 Oz Dolin Sweet
1/10 Oz Martini & Rossi Sweet
1/10 Oz Martini & Rossi Dry
1/10 Oz Lemon
1/10 Oz Lime
1/10 Oz Simple Syrup
1/10 Oz Rosemary Simple Syrup
1/10 Oz Lemon Syrup
1/10 Oz Honey Syrup
1/10 Oz Grenadine (Pom + Sugar)
1/10 Oz Cointreau
1/10 Oz Pernod
1/10 Oz Luxardo Marachino
1/10 Oz Blue Curacao
1/10 Oz Kahlua
1/10 Oz VSOP Brandy
1/10 Oz Campari
1/10 Oz Viuex Carre Absinthe
1/10 Oz Six Grapes Reserve Port
1/10 Oz Romana Sambuca Black
1/10 Oz Angostura
1/10 Oz Peycahud's
1/10 Oz Lemon
1/10 Oz Lime
1/10 Oz Wine
1/10 Oz Bourbon soaked cherries

Booties

Banned
Here's mine.

The Hangover Recipe

1/10 Oz Heaven Hill
1/10 Oz Makers Mark
1/10 Oz Builleit
1/10 Oz Tullamore Dew
1/10 Oz Ballantine Blended Scotch
1/10 Oz Bluecoat
1/10 Oz Dover Straight American Gin
1/10 Oz Penn 1681
1/10 Oz Stoli Honey
1/10 Oz Ciroc Amaretto
1/10 Oz Cruzan Silver
1/10 Oz Meyer's Dark Rum
1/10 Oz Sauza 100% Blue de Agave Silver
1/10 Oz Dolin Sweet
1/10 Oz Martini & Rossi Sweet
1/10 Oz Martini & Rossi Dry
1/10 Oz Lemon
1/10 Oz Lime
1/10 Oz Simple Syrup
1/10 Oz Rosemary Simple Syrup
1/10 Oz Lemon Syrup
1/10 Oz Honey Syrup
1/10 Oz Grenadine (Pom + Sugar)
1/10 Oz Cointreau
1/10 Oz Pernod
1/10 Oz Luxardo Marachino
1/10 Oz Blue Curacao
1/10 Oz Kahlua
1/10 Oz VSOP Brandy
1/10 Oz Campari
1/10 Oz Viuex Carre Absinthe
1/10 Oz Six Grapes Reserve Port
1/10 Oz Romana Sambuca Black
1/10 Oz Angostura
1/10 Oz Peycahud's
1/10 Oz Lemon
1/10 Oz Lime
1/10 Oz Wine
1/10 Oz Bourbon soaked cherries

I bet this took longer than you wanted it to.

Nilaul

I bet this took longer than you wanted it to.

Not really, however I know you probably want to try it. I know I would try mixing them all together at-least once if I had the opportunity (it might taste crap).

but on a more series note; there was this one Drink called "Zombie" at my local bar (Bronco) . Its quite strong, it has a red tint. Its apparently a mix of all the strong alcohols.

I love it, and order it every time. I dunno what it is. Other places don't have it so it must be there own recipe.

Booties

Banned
Not really, but on a more series note; there was this one Drink called "Zombie" at my local bar (Bronco) . Its quite strong, it has a red tint. Its apparently a mix of all the strong alcohols.

I love it, and order it every time. I dunno what it is. Other places don't have it so it must be there own recipe.

Sounds like a play on a long island iced tea. I haven't had one since I was 20

Christine

Got to have a manhattan in there somewhere. For yours I choose:

2 oz Maker's Mark
2/3 oz Dolin Sweet
1 dash angostura
1/4 tsp grenadine to coat the glass
1 soaked cherry

Shake gently with cube ice in a shaker and pint glass. Serve up or with one ice cube.

Booties

Banned
Got to have a manhattan in there somewhere. For yours I choose:

2 oz Maker's Mark
2/3 oz Dolin Sweet
1 dash angostura
1/4 tsp grenadine to coat the glass
1 soaked cherry

Shake gently with cube ice in a shaker and pint glass. Serve up or with one ice cube.

Jazz it up a little more. I'm not really in the mood for a manhatten, but I will make it. Never used grenadine like that before in one.

Booties

Banned
Add club soda to the mix in like 30 minutes. I'm gonna go pick up chinese food and grab soda.

Guys, my drink is almost empty and I'm still moderately sober. Help a brotha out.

probably the best thread i have seen in a while, awesome.

Thanks man. Make a drink!

Booties

Banned
The Stunner:

2 Parts Lemon Juice
1 Part Lime Juice
1 Part Grenadine
A shot of tequila

Enjoy op

Holy shit this drink. i'm not a big tequilla drinker. This is SUPER acidic but the alcohol comes through nicely. I shook it with ice and strained it btw. Not bad. I like it.

Booties

Banned
same.

I don't drink much outside beer so I don't have a contribution aside from perhaps finishing this up with a shot that contains a little bit of everything in your bar. :p

haha i will try to do that before I finish for the night, i promise. I'm gonna make that manhatten with a grenadine rinse, excited for it for sure.

adg1034

Luxardo Marachino is potent and should be used in small quantities. I've never seen more than 0.5 oz used in a drink, more often though you only use a quarter or a dash. It's made from marasca cherries. They are a little bit sour, very unique. It's hard to explain, so I'll drink some straight now. It viscous, clear, 32%. The alcohol evaporates right away on your tongue. It tastes like a distilled cherry to me, a little sweet, slightly more sour though. Tasty, potent, good in cocktails.

As for the drink. It's interesting, I'll play with it after this.

I'm a few sips into a tweaked version of TheExodu5's original:

2 oz Bulleit
1/2 oz good curacao (Senior)
1/4 oz kirschwasser
1/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino
A couple dashes Peychaud's Bitters

I shook it instead of stirring, so it's a bit on the thin side, but the flavors are definitely doing some intriguing things.

Booties

Banned
I'm a few sips into a tweaked version of TheExodu5's original:

2 oz Bulleit
1/2 oz good curacao (Senior)
1/4 oz kirschwasser
1/4 oz Luxardo Maraschino
A couple dashes Peychaud's Bitters

I shook it instead of stirring, so it's a bit on the thin side, but the flavors are definitely doing some intriguing things.

That sounds good. Reminds me of an aviation but with Bourbon for Gin and Curacao/kirschwasser for creme de violette. I wish I could make that right now. In general, you should shake drinks with citrus, and stir drinks without. I wouldn't shake this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom