• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Based on your prime childhood era here, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer?

Which one resonated most with your childhood?

• Total voters
1591204271223.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
mine is Core/late Gen X. He-Man, Ghostbusters, TMNT were like the holy trinity of my childhood

i remember seeing Goonies in the movie theater. last year i made the trip out to Astoria, Washington and stopped by Haystack Rock along the way. felt like a pilgrimmage!

haystack-rock.jpg

tbh i identify more with the Gen X mindset. Millenials are all too eager to sell the fuck out.

Last edited:

neobiz

I chose core x but my birth was in the late x category

At what "age" is childhood started? First memory?

TNT Sheep

Born in 1995. Based on the above figure, I think I am a mix of core and late millenial. Obsessed with gen 1 and 2 pokemon like most children of that period.

GAMETA

Banned
Hard to tell... I was Born in 89, but in Brazil lots of stuff from Late Gen X was still popular years later.

I'd say I'm Early Millennial + some from Late X and some form Core Millennial.

Moogle11

Banned
Late Gen X by birth year (late 70s). Blend of Core and Late Gen X based on the pop culture stuff. I grew up in the sticks so we got stuff late. While I loved things like TMNT, Terminator, Back to the Future etc. for the Late Gen X, I was more into Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. from Core Gen X and watched a lot of shows like Chips, Charlies Angel's etc. that were in syndication on TBS or one of the other few channels we got. We only had like 13 channels on our local cable (literally a one-man owned and ran company) until around high school when it expanded to 30 some.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Looking at the early replies, it seems we don’t have teenagers in GAF anymore.

Ememee

Born in ‘88 so. Realistically early/core Millennial but I’ve always related to the older generation. Specifically late-Gen-X.

Born 1984, and by that I'd be late Gex/Early Millennial, but I've always considered myself one of the last Gen Xers, mostly due to being both the youngest sibling and all my friends being older than me growing up, meaning I was exposed to far of their tastes or getting their hand me downs than my contemporaries.

Naibel

Core/Late Millenial for the most part. I did grow up with early Millenial shows that were still on air and many movies from previous eras of course.

lachesis

I'm core GenX by birth... but since I was in Asia, our stuff were a bit different. (but a lot of them were available)

Transformers, Fresh prince, Turtles, NES. What more could a person need?

Also I have a deep loathing for that lame-ass shit that is the power rangers.

Old Retro

Witnessed the roots of hip hop, new wave, and electronica, Space Shuttle program, advent of cell phones, big hair era, launch of MTV, good Saturday (and Sunday) morning cartoons, not being tethered to technology...

StormCell

5 seems too young to be part of the core childhood. At least for me, my best years were more like age 7 through age 15 -- old enough to do a lot of stuff but too young to be expected to get a job. For me, these years encompassed TMNT, Power Rangers, X-Men, Tiny Toons/Anamaniacs/Darkwing Duck, Digimon, Pokemon, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, DOS and Windows gaming, Playstation all-nighters, N64, and very near the end of that... Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Yu-Hakusho.

Are we biologically predisposed to hate everything that comes after our prime formative years?... Feels that way. Everything after about 2008 should be grounds for losing your right to vote or hold office.

Last edited:

TheMan

I was born in the early 80s so I straddle the line really between late gen x and early millennial when it comes up nostalgia..most of the shit in those categories resonated.

Also I think it’s funny when millennials get blamed for dumb shit kids like even though some of us are now turning 40

Last edited:

StormCell

mine is Core/late Gen X. He-Man, Ghostbusters, TMNT were like the holy trinity of my childhood

i remember seeing Goonies in the movie theater. last year i made the trip out to Astoria, Washington and stopped by Haystack Rock along the way. felt like a pilgrimmage!

haystack-rock.jpg

tbh i identify more with the Gen X mindset. Millenials are all too eager to sell the fuck out.

Driving across the central WA/OR terrain is a pilgrimmage anytime of year. Hopefully you didn't have too much further to go than that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I was born in late 81 so I’m on the line between Late Gen X and Early Millennial.
given the examples my taste tends to skew more towards the Gen X side though.

Man, early/core Zoomer eras fucking suck.
Idk man some of it was pretty good. The Dark Knight, first Avengers, Halo 3, Black Ops 2, Chowder, Flapjack, Over the Garden Wall, Regular Show, Adventure Time, first Hunger Games, Skyrim, etc. were good. However, there was also some crappy stuff at the time, like Soulja Boy, Johnny Test, and PG Era WWE.

Last edited:

GV82

According to most sites I am Millennial, born in ‘82, came of age at the of the millennium, Turned 18 in 2000.
millennials were born roughly 1981-1996 according to those sites, though many try to dodge being a millennial by saying they are Gen X when they may not be.

But some even say a combo of late gen x/early millennial, because we were the last gen that we’re pre mainstream internet age & pre modern tech age, but also first Gen to enter into the modern digital world in our Youth

So who Knows? think I’ll go for the combo X-Millennial

According to most sites I am Millennial, born in ‘82, came of age at the of the millennium, Turned 18 in 2000.
millennials were born roughly 1981-1996 according to those sites, though many try to dodge being a millennial by saying they are Gen X when they may not be.

But some even say a combo of late gen x/early millennial, because we were the last gen that we’re pre mainstream internet age & pre modern tech age, but also first Gen to enter into the modern digital world in our Youth

So who Knows? think I’ll go for the combo X-Millennial
So in the pic, what would say was the most recent thing that you'd consider "childhood" material (instead of high school/college material)?

Top Bottom