• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Based on your prime childhood era here, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer?

Which one resonated most with your childhood?

• Total voters
M3M5SZN.jpg
So you're a boomer?

AngelaLifman

Neo Member
1591204271223.jpg
God, you completely immersed me in childhood memories, especially when I saw the poster with Scooby-Doo! But, nevertheless, I would classify myself as an Early Millennial. I recently read posts on the site https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/childhood-memories/ and also thought about my childhood, but my thoughts were more in the context of food (various sweets, gum, or ice cream). But now I wanted to watch a few episodes of Scooby-Doo or Casper again! Boo!

God, you completely immersed me in childhood memories, especially when I saw the poster with Scooby-Doo! But, nevertheless, I would classify myself as an Early Millennial.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I really hate putting humans into generation categories. Especially when the categories are based on pop culture and media. It's so bizarre.

Ionian

I remember picking this up from a local petrol station (Had to collect pepsi ring-pulls, was doing night shifts when first in college in a shop beside the place so that was easy).

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fav TV shows and movies as a young kid. Three's Company, GIJOE, A-Team, Dungeons and Dragons. And of course any late night pervy, action or horror movies Friday and Saturday night on CityTV with my siblings. What a weird mix of cartoons and being a perv for tits and violence.

Great fun at the time. Board games, gaming and watching hockey together.

I remember watching Battle of the Planets in the early 80s after school. Lost interest fast as the local TV channel seemed to show the same episodes over and over again. Wiki says there were 85 episodes. They must had licensed only 20 of them. I remember seeing one episode with these green viney monsters a million times.

Core Millennial/Gen Y for me (tho most of the Early Millennial/Gen Y stuff was still on TV at the same time and I saw a lot of that as a kid too). At least for kid stuff particularly when I actually was a little kid.

As an adult tho? For kid's stuff mainly Early Millennial/Core Millennial with some Late Millennial mixed in. For grown-up stuff, '90s Gen X (whatever that would classify as) and '00s Older Millennial, some sparse 2010's/current year Core Millennial.

Late millennial. I was born in 1995 and I don't fit this current generation at all.

My childhood was very different to what kids today experience.

Core Millenial here, but I like everything from Late Gen X to Late Millenial.

It's also interesting how once I got to the Early Zoomer section, I was entirely lost. I basically don't know anything off these lists (there are small exceptions).

PayoLoko

EARLY MILLENIAL MAN.. born at 86
freaky cartoons like chicken and cow, thats my rememberance of childhood. and a lot of heroin users here in spain! and SNES! happy times man

Raven117

Took another look at those collages. Man, I’m sorry for anyone whose childhood was core millineal or later. That stuff sucks.
X and Early millinieal have way cooler stuff

Star-Lord

Took another look at those collages. Man, I’m sorry for anyone whose childhood was core millineal or later. That stuff sucks.
X and Early millinieal have way cooler stuff
Get off with ya, we had Angry Beavers, CatDog, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Kablam, Wild Thornberries, and other top notch stuff.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am late Gen X but I did not grow up with a TV, but I still managed to go watch Saturday morning cartoons at a friends house.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I was born in 83. So I guess I'm a geriatric millennial. I feel like I relate to gen x more though. I read a article where they call us Xennials.

Fav TV shows and movies as a young kid. Three's Company, GIJOE, A-Team, Dungeons and Dragons. And of course any late night pervy, action or horror movies Friday and Saturday night on CityTV with my siblings. What a weird mix of cartoons and being a perv for tits and violence.

Great fun at the time. Board games, gaming and watching hockey together.

I remember watching Battle of the Planets in the early 80s after school. Lost interest fast as the local TV channel seemed to show the same episodes over and over again. Wiki says there were 85 episodes. They must had licensed only 20 of them. I remember seeing one episode with these green viney monsters a million times.

Can't forget speakers corner!

Cyberpunkd

Millenial having money. Shocking, I know. Don't watch Netflix except a week or two per year. Don't spend money on shit I don't need. My possessions fit in one suitcase, rest is in my bank account.

lachesis

I'm more of core X - but since I grew up abroad - a lot of things on the list came delayed by few months or sometimes years - meaning, late X was more of my things when I was growing up.

The world wasn't as connected back then.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Why is it so important these days to separate everyone into little groups? Is it just to feel special?

RAÏSanÏa

Why is it so important these days to separate everyone into little groups? Is it just to feel special?
This seems about distinguishing groups based on age. Socially, a way to get to know people and giving them a chance to talk about their experiences.

Any perceived threatening "specialness" regarding the sharing of these experiences requiring personal defense mechanisms to engage would be a result of personal issues unrelated to the topic.

Top Bottom