• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: AA/AC Steam Patch Live. Mac Version, Achievements, and GFWL/Securom removal

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks for the info.

I'm not 100% sure on GTAIV being non transferable even with HexEditing. I never actually bothered to play the game and I'm going by something that somebody said on my friend group forum back in 2009. I remember that she lost the save, even after knowing about the hex editing. I don't remember why she didn't manage to transfer it.

I assume it's the encryption.

But the other two examples (saves assigned to a UUID, which you can hexedit to another UUID and saves not assigned to a UUID, which you can simply copy over to a different folder) are 100% true (because I did them myself).

vg260

GOTY Edition via a Steam code (bought at GMG last year). I just tried to put my old Steamworks save, it does'nt work.

Oh crap, that's worse than I thought then. I would have thought those would have carried over at least.

Stitch

Gold Member
They should remove Vanilla AC, it's useless now anyway. Can't activate it because they removed the CD-Key.

Carm

Unless they just didn't bother putting it in the description, the Batman Inc. Suit isn't included in the AC GOTY? That was only available on the GFWL Marketplace. I have the files still, I wonder if I could just insert them into whatever folder in the new Steamworks version.

Codemasters and Capcom have no excuse now about waiting to find out more information after that post to the Batman community basically confirming gfwl is shutting down in a year.

I'm a bit confused. I have Arkham City (standard, not GOTY) on Origin. Should I be able to paste my CD Key into Steam to download the GOTY version without GFWL there?

Grief.exe

I wonder which game will be next. I hope it's Dark Souls.

Dark Souls, Halo Trilogy, and Gears of War.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

vg260

Codemasters and Capcom have no excuse now about waiting to find out more information after that post to the Batman community basically confirming gfwl is shutting down in a year.

Capcom needs to patch their games, but I wonder if they even have the resources for it.

Give me Bulletstorm, that game deserves a second chance more than any.

Yeah, Bulletstorm was incredible. I can't believe I overlooked that game for so long because I thought I would hate the juvenile humor. It turned out to be one of the best shooters I've ever played.

I also hope they rip GFWL out of Gears of War. I came incredibly close to picking up the PC version during the announcement of the program closing.

This just posted, Capcom to remove GFWL as well

ikF1UABchQmgU.png

http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/864976115731468729/#c810938082544346928

Theoretically you should be able to, the system doesn't seem to be implemented as of yet.

there was also another post in that thread

http://steamcommunity.com/app/21690/discussions/0/864976115731468729/#c810938082679445117

Good day Mark. Thank you for contacting us at Capcom Technical Support.

We are still not 100% what is going to happen regarding the winding-down of Games For Windows Live.

It should be possible to keep playing and saving until the end of Games For Windows Live - please keep checking regularly on www.capcom-unity.com for news as we progress.

With many thanks.

Regards,
Stephen I.
Capcom Technical Support

Huh. So I got the update, gfwl removed, played ten minutes to check everything was good. OUtside of my sdave being gone it's fine. Got another update right there, GFWL and securom patched back in, save back. New save gone. Confusing. Anyone else get this?

ezodagrom

Huh. So I got the update, gfwl removed, played ten minutes to check everything was good. OUtside of my sdave being gone it's fine. Got another update right there, GFWL and securom patched back in, save back. New save gone. Confusing. Anyone else get this?
People in the steam community hub are also mentioning that, new patch that brought back GFWL... =w=;

Top Bottom