• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: GZ PC version framerate has been uncapped

So, in the great PC ports thread some people didn't know this actually happened, but this is from 30th last month. Would have made a thread for it, but was on phone, and afterwards forgot. For those who don't know the PC version is capped at 60fps.

Can confirm this works to no ill effect (for the five minutes I've spent with it). Seems as though it might have been an arbitrary cap all along.

Need to test it more. IIRC someone found the framerate earlier but it bugs out on cutscenes or something.

I don't own the game, have no idea what happened since.

From that steam thread by the guy who unlocked it:

Ok it seems that i found the exact integer that controls the cap, it didnt mess up any of my settings

http://gyazo.com/64eec46118aa9c8c9a3e0334024fa5fb

For me it was edit MGSV_Local_Config_GL_EN 01

thats located at

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\50408844\311340\local

and open it up in HxD

and go to offset 00000040 and row 0C and delete that two digit entry. that SHOULD fix it, just dont mess with any settings in the game

or if you cant get that working just try to use my save file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByccqhR9ERGHOTFuZm5TVjAwS2M/view?usp=sharing

Nzyme32

Need to see if it can function without issues, but from what I've read around about it, no problems have been found just yet

NICE. although i dont have a >60Hz monitor, i'm happy for you guys/gals that do. Hope Konami/KojiPro ends up patching this, if there is no problem after unlocking.

What's it like going from 60 fps to 120 fps?
Aladdin_-_A_Whole_New_World_(1).gif

Do you guys also think it is possible to increase the motionblur exaggeration or amount? It is pretty low by default and I would love to pump it up.

SliChillax

What's it like going from 60 fps to 120 fps?

It's really more fluid and definitely noticeable. It's hard to imagine it without seeing it though and as someone else has already mentioned, the difference it does to the desktop browsing, internet etc the mouse movement feels incredibly smooth and precise.

Top Bottom